Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Israel the Promised Land   » God'sPlanforIsrael

Author Topic: God'sPlanforIsrael
Hitch
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hitch:
Isa 49:1-8
1 Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.
2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;
3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.
4 Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the LORD, and my work with my God.
5 And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength.
6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.
7 Thus saith the LORD, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the LORD that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee.
8 Thus saith the LORD, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;
(KJV)

Any child can see the restoration of Israel and the return of Jacob to the fold here, and it has nothing whatever to do with realestate.

Hitch

When is Jacob regathered and Israel redeemed? WShen are the tribes of Jacob to bed raised up,when will kings and princes worship?And when are the preserved of Israel restored? When is salavtio spread to the ends of the earth?

When Christ leaves His heavenly throne for a chair somewhere in Jerusalem?

2 Corinthians 6:2 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

2(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

Not according to Paul...

take care

Hitch

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I often wonder what would had happened, if there were no dispora! From the four-courners of the world- the nation of Isreal (the Jews if you please) has lived amongst the people and now in great numbers are returning home under the Ayliya. When living amongst the Gousa (Gentiles), these nations had enjoyed prosperity. And when these nations had tortured the Jews, they in turn suffered greatly. The real estate which holds Jerusalem, is the prophecy of something greater to come.

I read alot of history regarding People who were forced to convert or die if they choose not the Catholic Church or Islam at www.saudades-sefarad.org. Their site stricty prohibt prostelizing the Christian faith, but I do learn even about my family on my mothers side that came out of Spain/Portugal ultimately from Bet'saidah,Isreal. Both parents family came from there and it wasn't easy to track this. But thanks to the maternal side to keep good family records of the last 400 years.

I truly believe Jesus is the Messiah spoken of in Isaiah 53, and other places in the bible- If litteraly put down, their would be no break in the convenant of our Lord. Old and New were names placed by Churches. The convenant is the same. We must be washed in the blood of an unspotted, unblemished Lamb. This Lamb is Jesus the Christ.
What was done before Jesus, was a picture of things to come.

The world is definitely better now if starting from the fall of man if you will, since the fall of man when Jesus came to fulfill the Messiaship of God.

No time ever in recent history have there been a bombardment of items jumping out of the TV- reflecting on the very prophecies of old. Time has no endurance in the eyes of a Holy God. Yesterday Past and Todays schedule and Tommorrows futured is but a mustard seed of time compared to an eternal, ever abiding God. HEAR O ISREAL OUR LORD IS ONE GOD! Now that the grafting of the gentiles has taken place then it is true of ALL NATIONS TO SOUND OFF- HEAR O WORLD OUR LORD IS ONE GOD. LET the very nations clap their hands and shout with jubilee - FOR his salvation has not been cut off but more securely rooted. HEAR MY PEOPLE, O ISREAL, O JERUSALEM, O JERUSALEM I WERT A HEN GATHER THEE LIKE A HEN GATHERING HER LITTLE ONES, but you O ISreal would not have it.

Hear NOW that woman IN DEEP DISTRESS, WITH BIRTH PAINS ready to bring forth its desolation of Time.
He that has a lowly ear of a servant LET HIM HEAR- her crying is in deep avail. FOR TROUBLE POURS from the wounds of earth and from the sky and deep pestalance is coming. The Eagle shall stike the serpeants accord and be swallowed for a time.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitch
unregistered

The Lord chose Israel to be his chosen people. With the Great Commission, the Lord is ALLOWING the Gentile nations to choose him.

LOL Now thats off the deep end.

More on the rest later.But I think its interesting that you have nothing to say to the passage cited.

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Israel is made up of the physical descendant's of Abraham; the Church is made up of all believers in Christ, regardless of their ethnic makeup.

Romans 9-11 is one of the passages that demonstrates that God has two distinct peoples, the Church and Israel.

The the gifts and calling of God are without repentance, i.e., he won't change either his purpose for Israel (a kingdom on earth where the Davidic king will rule sovereignly over a submissive and worshipping people) or for the Church (the body of Christ and his bride who will rule along with the King).

The covenants and promises made to Israel must be fulfilled to Israel. Israel cannot be replaced by the Church or else the covenants and promises have no meaning!

Thus, there is no replacement of Israel with the church, only a setting aside till the fulness of the Gentiles comes in (Rom 11). There is a certain amount of inscrutability to God's ways (Rom. 11:33-36) -- we must accept Scripture for what it says.

There is only one plan of God that involves two distinct groups (the Church and Israel) with two distinct origins, purposes, and destinies. It was God's plan from the beginning.

The Lord chose Israel to be his chosen people. With the Great Commission, the Lord is ALLOWING the Gentile nations to choose him.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitch
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Kindgo:
Hitch,

God gave the land of Israel to Abraham (Genesis 17:8) and to his descendants through Isaac (Genesis 26:2-5) and Jacob (Genesis 28:1-4,13-14).

That means the land belongs to the descendants of Jacob, whose name was changed to Israel.

In other words, the land belongs to the children of Israel, referred to in the New Testament as the Jews (Romans 1:16).

The Lord givith and the Lord taketh away.

But you're half right. Abe's children have as their inhieritance the Land. The elect have received it. The circumscion will fulfill the promise, and gain the nations for His inhieritance. Asa it is given only the the childrem of God, Abe's seed to go into all the world and mak disciples of the gentiles.

The children of Abe...G 3;7
The elect of God.. Col 3;12

The circumcision...P 3;3

The children of God ,,R 8;6
Abe's seed G 3;29

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hitch,

God gave the land of Israel to Abraham (Genesis 17:8) and to his descendants through Isaac (Genesis 26:2-5) and Jacob (Genesis 28:1-4,13-14).

That means the land belongs to the descendants of Jacob, whose name was changed to Israel.

In other words, the land belongs to the children of Israel, referred to in the New Testament as the Jews (Romans 1:16).

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitch
unregistered

Isa 49:1-8
1 Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.
2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;
3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.
4 Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the LORD, and my work with my God.
5 And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength.
6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.
7 Thus saith the LORD, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the LORD that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee.
8 Thus saith the LORD, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;
(KJV)

Any child can see the restoration of Israel and the return of Jacob to the fold here, and it has nothing whatever to do with realestate.

Hitch

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement