Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Israel the Promised Land   » Israel Defined

Author Topic: Israel Defined
decibel
Advanced Member
Member # 4737

Icon 1 posted      Profile for decibel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been reading through many of the posts here in regards to Israel and the Jews and most of my life I have thought about this the same way. Israel, Israelites and Jews are all the same thing. Then just recently God got me to do a study in the Bible regarding the difference between Israelite and Jew. To my amazement this is what I found.

When the Bible, God, refers to Israel He is talking about all 12 tribes which make up Israel. Jews, come from the Tribe of Judah and only make up 1/12 of Israel. There are some times when He seperates the two houses, the house of Judah and the house of Israel, when addressing them, but for the most part Israel is all 12 Tribes.

I was blown away when I found out this, because I had been taught that Israel were just Jews, from the Tribe of Judah. However the Israelites, Israel represent all 12 tribes.

--------------------
Trust Me, Not What You See!!
Yeshua

Posts: 21 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement