Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Israel the Promised Land   » Rare Travel Psychosis Jerusalem Syndrome

Author Topic: Rare Travel Psychosis Jerusalem Syndrome
Rich H
Advanced Member
Member # 4313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rich H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow you have made me think about the Jerusalem Syndrome in a whole new light.

I heard about it a few months ago and searched Google for "Jerusalem Syndrome" and came up with tons of interesting storys.

At the time I was reading all of this I thought that these people had a sort of Holy Spirit "overload"
causing temporary insanity... but I seen it as a blessing in disguise. The storys even made me want to visit myself... I am sure those sites are still glowing strong with holy energy.

You're conclusion does add up and now I am not sure what I think about this.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm

Peace
Rich

Posts: 30 | From: Metro Detroit | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 2 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.cephas-library.com/israel/israel_rare_travel_psychosis_jerusalem_syndrome.html

Rare Travel Psychosis Jerusalem Syndrome

There is a syndrome that is known as the 'Jerusalem Syndrome' where people who visit the Holy Land claim they are a biblical character. Some people even experience the 'Jerusalem Syndrome' without ever having been to the Holy Land (I can't find the article I read that states this part)

Of course, those of us who know the bible know this is demonic and a deception from satan. satan is already trying to discredit the two REAL witnesses that will be in Jerusalem during the tribulation. People will claim the REAL witnesses are suffering from 'Jerusalem Syndrome' and that they are "mentally ill" - and are not really the 'two witnesses'

Read article at link above

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement