Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Israel the Promised Land   » When did you come certain of Jesus as your Saviour.

Author Topic: When did you come certain of Jesus as your Saviour.
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be still and now I am God.- I remember by hind sight incidents that lead me to believe Jesus is Lord. At the age of 5 all my brothers and sisters were taken away from our parents and kibbutz that I called home. My siblings were placed with family members, myself in a Spanish foster home. I did not know why I couldn't be with my family. MY Tante Marta made a deal with my parents for all of us children to be taken to Illinois to live with them there. We spent 2 complete years away from our parents.1 year in foster arrangements and the other year with our Aunt (Tante). Believe it or not she read to us the bible stories from a christian bible and took us to her church. It was Luthern one. The house next door lived a Minister and His wife and children. They asked me if I wanted to go to Sunday School. I said I did. Would you believe my family and spoke Yiddisch-German and French. The secretarie of the this Baptiste Church was a born again Jew. She translated the service into Yiddish.I learned that God loves me for whom I am and nothing more or less. It was 17 April 1967 when I started my life as a christian. My parents finally joined us children and we moved to a different address in the city and believe it or not closer to the church. I did not even prayed and God provided. I can only say without Jesus in my soul, I know beyond a shadow of doubt I would not have survived as a child. MY father gave me until my 13th birthday to recant my faith in the Messiah and I didn't. Never had a Bar-Mitzvah etct.. I was dead to him for years until he became a believer.

As a young child I became still and I found God. There is more to this but I will stop for now.

Psalms 118: 17 I will not die but declare the works of the Lord forever

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's my testimony:

web page

I was on my balcony overlooking the city at the time. If I could only put into words how my life has changed now...

God bless and stay strong. [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a truely wonderful testimony!

Thank you for sharing it!

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I keep postponing writing this for a variety of reasons. First of all it is liable to be long and convoluted. Secondly, I am betting after reading it certain people will decide I can't possibly be a Christian, and the thought of that annoys me. So anyway, I have decided to a.) keep it short, and b.) forget what someone might think of me (the fear of man becomes a snare).

From the age of 5 or so, I was raised in a Southern baptist home, with church on Sundays and Wednesdays being mandatory. At the age of six, I asked Jesus to come into my heart, but had no concept of making Him lord of my life or of crucifying my flesh for Him.

I came from a broken home, and both of my parents remarried and both married total jerks who were mentally and emotionally abusive to me. I was a very sensitive, strong-willed child and growing up in this situation meant that I had some pretty severe emotional problems. I was also being routinely sexually abused by a family member, who had been abused himself.....it was a cycle in our family. As a result, I got involved in drugs at a very early age (11 years old), and sexual immorailty at 14 or so. By the age of 15, I had done many, many drugs, and was taking drugs of several different types every day. I was going down quickly, and was planning my suicide actually.

My parents took me a rehab center (my 3rd one in less than a year) the same day I was planning my suicide. God is so good. I knew I had hit bottom and I wanted help and wanted to live a better life. I embraced the things I had learned in church and from my Bible, and relied upon The Lord to get me through 14 months of rehab and on to sobriety. He was gracious and delivered me of addiction to drugs.

However, I was not yet ready to completely surrender my entire life to Him and I held on to the sin of immorality. I went to college and grad school, without consulting God as to what he would have me do. I witnessed organized religiong (my church) committing horrible injustices toward people in need, and I rebelled against the church and God outright.

I became very prideful in "my accomplishments" (what GOD had done for me) and placed education and my career and debauchery totally in charge of my life. For some reason, God still looked out for me, and I was often aware of His intervention in different situations.

Almost two years ago, I lost everything I had built over the years (my little empire built on sand). I had to do much soul searching and much Bible-searching, and eventually came to a new and different and more mature understanding of the faith of my childhood. Through that experience, I came to realize that God had to do all of that for me to wake up and finally accept Him as lord of my life. Me as lord of my life only wreaked havoc, destruction, and unhappiness for me and all around me.

Jesus is healing me and changing me into a completely different woman, and praise God most of all has forgiven me of the things I did (and continues to forgive me when I fail Him).

I don't know if I believe in "once saved, always saved" doctrine, but I know that although I tried to abandon God long after I asked Him to come into my heart, HE REFUSED TO ABANDON ME.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got saved when I was 8 at a friends church, but since I lived in an athiest home, my small seed of faith and hope got stamped out pretty quick.

When I was 14 God drew me back into church. For a while i shot straight up and was going along really good, but again... I lived in an athiest home, and it got stamped out... but not completely.

When I was 24 I was driving down the road and for some reason I looked over to the left and noticed this little church that I had never seen before and I heard this voice in my head say... "your going to be a member of that church". I actually laughed out loud and said "whatever". Who needed christianity. It was a crutch for weak people. I didn't know how weak I really was.

That kept happening for about 3 or 4 months, every time I passed that church. I even changed my normal routes so that it wouldn't happen! I thought I was loosing my mind!

Finally I said, "OK. Fine. God, if you are real, and you want me to go to that church, then you have to find me a house close by in the price range that I can afford."

Well... about 3 months later I found the piece of land I wanted and a trailer and moved in. It wasn't really close, about 8 miles away, but it was a nice drive.

I put off visiting this church even though I knew God was pushing me to go. I knew God was real, but wouldn't admit it even to myself. Because you see... God got a hold of me when I was little and never let me go.

Well... finally after my 25th birthday, I decided to go visit this church and didn't miss a sunday morning service for the next 3 years. I miss every once in a while now, but I became a member of that church within 4 months of attending. I love that fellowship of believers and feel like I have found a true family there.

I've been there over 5 years now. I'm still combating a lot of thoughts and beliefs that I was raised with, but I feel like God has truely blessed me and never let go of me.

that first day back in church, God touched my heart and immediately melted away all my anger and hate and anomosity that I had built up against Him my whole life. Some people might not understand how someone could hate God, but I did. But He always loved me and now I love Him too. [Smile]

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you recall when you got saved, born again, regenerated? Please let us know how you called on the Lord! What were you doing? Was it at church or was it on an outing with friends, etc..?
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement