Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » Praise God!

Author Topic: Praise God!
nickjlunn14
Member # 8422

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickjlunn14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Carol!
Posts: 2 | From: Maine | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praise God Nick, and God bless you. Thank you for sharing this. Welcome to the board.
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nickjlunn14
Member # 8422

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickjlunn14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear fellow Christians,

Tonight, I played in a basketball game which we lost horribly in. Now I'm a very competitive player and love basketball, but I have a temper issue. My parents over the years have told me to keep my attitude in check or else they're going to pull me from the team. Now tonight, the referees (to me) were rather unfair on some of the calls so I was complaining to the refs, though not directly. My mom was not pleased in the least. She actually left at halftime because I was being that bad.
After the game, I came home and took a shower and my parents told me to come to their room. I knew they were going to reprimand me like they've done before...but this was worse. They were thoroughly displeased with me and were telling me that they were going to pull me off the team! My mom started off with making me feel guilty by saying how much they've spent on my basketball career. And then they went on to talk about my attitude that night. My parents have never been this mad at me before in my life. I've always obeyed them and honored them just as God commanded us, so this was foreign to me and felt guilty, convicted, sorry, and sad. In the end, they decided to give me 3 games to clean up my attitude or else they're going to pull me of the team.
Afterwards, I went into my room crying because I felt so convicted. So I immediately leaned over my bed and prayed earnestly to God in tears (which is rare for me). I felt led by the Holy Spirit to go to the Psalms in my Bible and remember that my Bible is a study Bible so I flipped to the “Where to Get Help in the Book of Psalms”. I looked down through the list to see which one fit me most. My eyes fell on “When you feel...penitent/sorry”. That seemed to match my feelings. So they gave me 3 Psalms that pertained to this. Normally, when I read a Psalm, I agree with it, but I don't normally show much emotion when I read it, but this time was different. Tears were already fresh in my eyes, but when I started off with Psalm 32:1, I lost it. I couldn't go on for a minute because I felt so overwhelmed by my conviction and the Holy Spirit. Once I could go on, I read v.2 and I lost it again. I've never felt this way before which made me cry all the more because I felt Jesus' presence there. I kept reading the whole Psalm and I was in tears the whole way. Then I flipped over to the 51st Psalm. When I read “because of your unfailing love” and “your great compassion”, once again, I lost it. It felt as if God wrote these words for me! Then I started to get into earnestly praying for forgiveness like what David was writing. When I came to 51:10-12, I was reminded of the chorus “Create in Me a Clean Heart” and I tried singing it past my tears, but couldn't. I was pleading with God to accept my sacrifice of my broken spirit. I realized my spirit was truly broken because I felt so convicted, and I also knew I had the right spirit. The last Psalm my Bible suggested was 66. I saw this as more of a praising Psalm which was good for me especially after all that repentance. I felt so much better, I felt like sharing this testimony of mine with the rest of the world, in hope that I can encourage other believers. I feel like the demon-possessed man when Jesus told him in Luke 8:39 “...go back to your family, and tell them everything God has done for you.” You, as Christians, are my family and I have told the great and wonderful things God has done for me!
With Complete Faith in Christ,
Nick Lunn

Posts: 2 | From: Maine | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement