Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » My Story

Author Topic: My Story
Calyx
Member # 7754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calyx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow...that's an amazing story. Thanks for sharing.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was born in the year 1982, to a mother who was in the medical field – and to a father who was in the air force.

I was initially brought up Church of Christ in a small town church with a population of about 2000 people – my church only topping at about 100 people.

I remember being so strong in faith, even as a little boy.

I can remember praying in my bed for God to protect me from this world at even the age of two.

I moved to Germany when I was five years old, because my dad got stationed there, leaving my friends and life behind and headed to a place that I knew nothing about.

For three years, while living in Germany, we never went to church – and I suppose that is when my falling really began.

I remember thinking to myself: Why can’t we go to church?

I asked my mom and dad, and they said because the only local churches were Catholic and they didn’t want to go there.

When we moved back to the states, when I was eight, everything had changed so much from what I remembered – My friends
Had made new friends – nothing was the same.

I began to become very lonely during these years, staying solely to myself and not having many friends until I was about in the sixth grade.

My dad took me to a Baptist Church, where I finally got baptized and began to understand better who God was.

One Day, I broke down in prayer on the bathroom floor of my house, when I was about 11 or 12.

I prayed to God: “Please, remember me this way lord…. The way I am now… for I know one day I will sin greatly and I want you to remember me this way always.”

But like all children, I one day began to fall from my faith – joining a world of sin and regret.

Off and on through the years, I would return to my faith and then fall again.

Now I am 26 years old – about to turn 27 and I am returning again to my faith.

This time, I have a feeling it will be different from the other times and that God will allow me to be stronger than I have been in the past.

I pray to God that I may reconnect to my childhood self and become somewhat as faithful as I used to be.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement