Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » NOVENA PRAYER TO ST. JUDE

Author Topic: NOVENA PRAYER TO ST. JUDE
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But why go through a servant of the King if you, yourself, can go boldly to the throne, to obtain mercy and find grace to help in your time of need? (Heb 4:16)

Romans have always been taught that their access to God is through other people. Just like Protestants are taught God only speaks through a man on a particular time on Sundays and sometimes Wednesdays.

How sad. Too many orphans. [Frown]

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No where in scripture do I read of anyone praying to the saints in heaven who have passed on to pray for us.

In fact it says if we are sick and in need of prayer, to call for the elders of the church to pray for us.

Praying to those who have passed on is a man made concept by the Catholic church. It is not scriptural.

I do not judge anyones salvation, but I do judge what is taught by the Catholic church.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WTxDaddy
Community Member
Member # 7227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WTxDaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not claim that any saints replace Yeshua as mediator. I merely said, if they are alive in heaven, asking them to pray for us is no different than asking neighbors to pray for us.

Perhaps some of us are too quick to judge - and judge without removing the mote from our own eye.

--------------------
Texaner dritter Generation deutscher Abstammung

Posts: 7 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
el72703
Member # 7586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for el72703     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think WTXdaddy's response is very sensible and well-reasoned. I was thinking about the gifts of the spirit from Galatians 5:22--joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, trustfulness, gentleness, and self-control. It seems to me that we should aspire to manifest the fruits of the spirit and respond, especially to our fellow believers, with patience and kindness, and proceeding from the peace of God.

I offer mr praise to the Almighty Father, for His wisdom, for His unfathomable love, and for the gifts of the Spirit. All glory and honor to you, most holy Lord, Jesus Christ. And the blessings of our risen Lord to all of us foolish, sinful children of God--all redeemed by the sacrifice of Christ.

Amen.

--------------------
el

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 Timothy 2:5

For there is One God and One Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WTxDaddy
Community Member
Member # 7227

Icon 16 posted      Profile for WTxDaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brethren, do not fear the invocation of the name of a saint. Sinice we believe that those who have gone before us are alive & in heaven, it is no different to ask them to pray, or intercede for you than it is your next-door neighbor. Although I am not Roman Catholic, I grew up in a heavily Roman Catholic area and I understand what they do when they "pray" to a saint. Pray comes from an old word, which merely meant "to ask", or "to petition". In some languages (English) it developed a specialized meaning: to speak to deity. In modern German, that old root word now simply means to "ask". They have another verb specifically meant for what we call "praying". And in our old & some modern court documents, we "pray" that the court will give relief.

Since we know some "dead" people are indeed alive (see Moses & Elijah at the transfiguration), we can be certain that at least some of our brethren, whose bodies died long ago are indeed alive. Why then can we not ask them to pray for us? To intercede on our behalf?

To be sure, the saints themselves have no power and are not gods, but if alive & in the presence of Our Lord, why should we not ask them to pray for us?

--------------------
Texaner dritter Generation deutscher Abstammung

Posts: 7 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwendolen
Member # 7560

Icon 17 posted      Profile for Gwendolen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi.
I'm just a little confused. ~new to the board~
Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't we in praise reports & testimonies section of the message board? And aren't we all supposed to be Praising our Lord?

~Dear Heavenly Father we praise Your name. Please bless and keep each member and indeed every person tonight. I ask a specific prayer now for the Catholic Church, speak to their hearts o Lord. Help them to see a better way though You. In Jesus name I pray...Amen~

Gwen

Posts: 4 | From: Hampton | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Greetings Teresa in the Name of the Holy One Of Israel, Yeshua the Messiah (Jesus the Christ)who is the ONLY mediator between men and God the Father.

I do pray that you will seek Him only, that is Yeshua. Did you know that Yeshua said if you are His, Greater things you will do than He did? You dont have to pray to a dead saint, they cannot answer your prayers.

You do not need to "invoke" or pray to any apostle, prophet, dead loved one, for it is not they that Hear your prayers. Only Jesus, NO other.

He is the Only Truth, the only Life, the Only Way. Might i suggest you get a King James Bible and read it. Your Church cant save you, Dead "Saints" cant save or mediate for you, and Yes might I add Miriam, the natural mother of Jesus cant save you either.

When you pray to all others except Jesus, you are putting Jesus on the back burner so to speak and letting those others be "lords of your life" instead of letting the Only begotten Son of the Most High be your One and Only Lord.

Mary did not shed her blood for you, Jude did not shed his blood for you, Peter and Paul did not shed their blood for you, Only Jesus.

You need to seek Him out, and leave behind the teachings of the Catholic Church. Seek out only the teachings and commandments of Jesus.

For there is No other name under heaven which men can be saved.

becauseHElives
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Father, I pray for this poor deceived soul of the Roman Catholic Wh!ore.... please open Teresa's eyes to the truth.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teresa Partridge
Member # 7573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teresa Partridge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOVENA PRAYER TO ST. JUDE.

O Holy St. Jude Apostle and Martyr great in virtue and rich in miracles near kinsman of Jesus Christ faithful intersessor of all who invoke your special patronage in time of need, to you I have recourse from the depth of my heart and humbly beg of you to whom God has given such great power to come to my assistance. Help me in my present urgent need. In return, I promise to make your name known and cause you to be invoked.

Say 3 Our Fathers, 3 Hail Marys, and 3 Glory Bes.
St. Jude pray for us and all who invoke your aid.
Amen.

I would like to spread this Novena to all as this has helped my family so much in the past.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement