Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » My Testimony

Author Topic: My Testimony
Pathwalker
Community Member
Member # 7154

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pathwalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for sharing such a moving Testamony. May God continue to Bless you and your family!!

--------------------
Psalm 119:105 " Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"

Posts: 12 | From: Henderson, NV | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I praise the Lord for you.

God is GOOD!

May we always remember who He is, He is everything!

Many come to know Jesus as the Way. A few more go on to know Him as the Truth. But very few go on to know Him as their life. ~ Rick Joyner

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scmom
Member # 7137

Icon 8 posted      Profile for scmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name is Carole and this is my testimony.
I was raised by Christian parents, my dad is a bishop in the Church of God. As I grew towards my teenage years, I became uninterested in church and begin to experiment with drugs and alcohol. At seventeen, I moved in with a boyfriend and just submerged myself into the party lifestyle.
I married at 20 but did not place any importance on the vows I had made. I had numerous affairs, used drugs and drank daily, I was arrested for dui and possession and almost burnt up in a house fire. After five years of marriage, it ended and I moved back to my home state, hoping to get myself cleaned up.
Good intentions lasted for a few days and the party continued. Many many times I would get myself into very dangerous situations with the type of people I was associating with. After several years, I remarried. The partying slowed a bit and at 32, I became pregnant with my daughter, at that time I decided to stay clean for her sake.
After about a year and a half, a friend of mine intro'd us to crystal meth, my husband and I went head first into a full blown meth addiction, I lost my good job, we lost our home and seperated, I moved in with my dealer. It came to a point that my daughter wasn't neglected physically but emotionally, she was suffering, I decide to move to where my parents live and asked my husband if he would like to come with me to try and salvage our family, to get clean.
We used a couple of more times after moving and then just gave it up. I started to church but I didn't think I needed to live like those "holy rollers", I quit going again. On a Friday evening, I was at home and the Spirit of God moved on my heart, even though I had been sooo lost, I knew it was God. God told me that it was time, I prayed right there and asked Jesus to fill me and guide me to the life He had for me, that was January 2007. I know it hasn't been that long ago but there is nothing or no one that could ever cause me to go back to where I was. I was filled with the Holy Ghost at camp meeting last year, I'm now teaching, singing and even doing some preaching. The devil attacks me daily with my past but I know on that Friday evening that I started with a clean slate and I just want God to use me and receive the Glory our Creator and Saviour deserves.

--------------------
Phil. 4:13
I can do all things thru Christ Jesus who strengthens me.

Posts: 4 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement