Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » My Testimony

Author Topic: My Testimony
analoguegirl
Member # 14940

Icon 1 posted      Profile for analoguegirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praise the Lord you found Him! and that He knocked, and you answered. Praise God you did not ignore Him, or waited until it was too late!

You say Christian people came to the hospital to witness, I wonder- is that practice allowed today? With all the "security" (quotes intentional) going on in hospitals these days, and "HIPPA" (which is a joke, ask me about it later, its a whole other topic) are Christians allowed to witness to patients nowadays? I am genuinely curious- are there any medical staff want to come in on this with info?

Back to you, I am SO glad you found the Lord, who knows where we'd all be right now, had we not accepted Christ.

--------------------
1 Thessalonians 2:13: "We also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is at work in you who believe."

Posts: 5 | From: Arizona | Registered: May 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fidelis
First Post
Member # 13665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fidelis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for the hard time in life.

But God is always good to people who humble and follow his ways.

God Bless.

Posts: 1 | From: Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 16 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liesl Alexander went to be with the Lord on January 25, 2012

I made her a Memorial Tribute if you would like to see it click on the below link.

Liesl Alexander Memorial Tribute

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rosa
Advanced Member
Member # 1416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Bible]
You're welcome. Please let me know if you are ever in Chicago I would love to hear you speak.
God Bless.

--------------------
[img]http://www.angelfire.com/il2/redphantom/animation/Alight.gif[\img]

Posts: 27 | From: Chicago | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Free2live
Community Member
Member # 1295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Free2live   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rosa thanks for the post, and I am blessed to hear my testimony blessed you

--------------------
Liesl ALexander
Free To Live Ministries
http://www.free2live.org.uk

Posts: 7 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Free2live
Community Member
Member # 1295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Free2live   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Demonexecutor
thanks, sorry to be long answering, i have been away speaking and ministering,
God Bless

--------------------
Liesl ALexander
Free To Live Ministries

Posts: 7 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rosa
Advanced Member
Member # 1416

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Rosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Free2live, wow what an awesome testimony, I was really touched. I also checked out your website and it is awesome. Whatever the devil does for evil, God then turns it for the good. Imagine if you did not go through this in your life, how would you of been able to reach those that are mentally oppressed, those that are on drugs, those that are suicidal. You can surely say that you know their pain and what they are going through, because you were once in their shoes. See God used for his Glory. Through God you can minister healing to those that are hurting. God is so awesome, just when the devil thought he had you down God came along and said sorry devil but I need her and you can no longer operate in her life, so satan was bound and you were delivered, Praise God. I will pray for you and your ministry.

Be blessed.

--------------------
[img]http://www.angelfire.com/il2/redphantom/animation/Alight.gif[\img]

Posts: 27 | From: Chicago | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demonexecutor
Advanced Member
Member # 1516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demonexecutor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the testimony. We talk about Jesus turning the dark spots of our past into opportunities for ministry in my group and this just reaffirms it.

Marcia

Posts: 22 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Free2live
Community Member
Member # 1295

thanks!!
hahahah I like it "JESUS LOVES YOU...but I'm his favorite."

God Bless and thanks for the welcome!

Liesl Alexander
Free To Live Ministries

--------------------
Liesl ALexander
Free To Live Ministries

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Free2live, sorry I missed this, I have been off line for a while.

Your testimony is awesome!

I checked out your web site too. Seems God has made you a mighty women with a great purpose, let me welcome you to the board [Kiss]

Its so nice to have you here with us [thumbsup]

Feel free to jump in anywhere
[Smile]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Free2live
Community Member
Member # 1295

Living4Him thank you! and I praise God for all I went through, without which I wouldnt know Him today! every day for the past 30+ years I thank God for setting me free.
God Bless

--------------------
Liesl ALexander
Free To Live Ministries

living4him
Advanced Member
Member # 1187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for living4him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praise God. What a wonderful testimony. Thank you for sharing. I am sorry for all the hell you went thru but am grateful for what you recieved in the end. Praise the Lord! [Cross]

--------------------
God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth should change,
though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea;
though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble with its tumult.

Posts: 29 | From: CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Free2live
Community Member
Member # 1295

I was an atheist, brought up in a "haunted house" filled with fear.

I was reared with an alcoholic mother, a very distant angry father, and an alcoholic grandfather. A blind grandmother and a neurotic great aunt aided in rounding out this dysfunctional family along with a twin sister and other siblings at least 12 years our senior.

After leaving home for school, I was told my boyfriend (age 13) had committed suicide. This was when I began to dwell on death...what did it mean?...what is it?..

The rest of my schooling seemed to be a waste of time...because I could not think of work, only of death.
Because of surgery, I had to leave school early. For one year I went home to live with a drunken mother whom I hated in a fear-filled household and, in the end, decided to go into nursing.

But I continually pondered death....but received no answers...It was at this time that I got involved in the occult. So things went downhill from there.

Inside I just wanted to die...I seemed to be a black hole with no way of escape!

I took an overdose of drugs stolen from the hospital ward, cut arteries in my wrists and waved goodby to the world, but I awoke in pain and with stitches! Yet I was not truly sure if I was really alive.
They placed me in a room about 6x4 and I stayed there for several years!
I was given 36 plus drugs a day, and strapped in a straight jacket on occasions. No window, no visitors, no furniture. Just a mattress on the floor. No clothes on me either!...where was I? I did not know it then, but I was in a padded cell!!

After 17 months they moved me for short periods, to have treatments. The treatments did not work. I hated life, feared everything, felt alone. There was no God...
The doctors advised therapy which meant going outside the grounds into a high security wing of a psychiatric hospital... In other words, an asylum.

On one occasion I managed to escape but was captured and returned. The consultant said to me, "Liesl! Stop running away, you are here for life, the quicker you accept this the easier for us and the easier for you. This is now your home for life."
I just wanted to die.

On one occasion I escaped and got into the black market drug scene and became an addict..My plan was to die from all these drugs.
Later on, I escaped once again but still only wanted to die. On the way went into a hall, I heard a man say,
"God can do anything, absolutely anything! He can heal the sick, heal the mentally sick and set the drug addict free!"
The *God* bit made me angry...then I heard a lady say, "Jesus loves you! He knows what a mess you are in, He really cares." Now a new 'record' was in my mind.

I returned to the hospital. Eventually, there were many escape attempts; some succeeded, and some failed.
One day some Christian visitors came to see me in hospital.. they laid hands on me and I was healed....It was after that that I accepted Jesus into my life...accepting Him as Lord and Savior...Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
These are not mere words but reality:
'In My name they will drive out demons'
(Mark 16:17)
Many don't accept this but Jesus would never tell us to do that if demons do not exist! Jesus drove the demons from me, so I know it is true!! Jesus is the Victor. We have all power in Jesus and He does heal the sick today and set the captives free. He is wanting His people to believe His words.

YOU are his people. You are the ones He calls. He demonstrates his power with the lost and the sick and the bound. Praise Him for the faith of those who came into my cell and simply asked Jesus to touch this girl's mind.

Praise Him..Amen.

Liesl Alexander.
Free To Live Ministries
Liesl@free2live.org.uk http://www.free2live.org.uk (the whole story)

--------------------
Liesl ALexander
Free To Live Ministries

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement