Home

Christian Message Boards

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Order Of Melchizedek

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Order Of Melchizedek
Jethro
Advanced Member
Member # 15162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jethro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is taken from zechariah 6:12-13, Psalms 110, Isaiah 45:5-6, Hebrew 1:3, Luke 24:39, Luke 24:51
John 2:19-21

Zechariah 6:12-13
12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD:

13 Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Psalms 110:1-4
1 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. 2 The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. 3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth. 4 The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

Isaiah 45:5-6

5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: 6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

Luke 24:39

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Luke 24:51
51 And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.

Hebrew 1:3
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, after he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

John 2:19-21
19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

Zechariah was written around 250 yrs before this vision actually happened. Verse 12-13 is clearly talking about the Lord Jesus the Messiah. These two verse shows him ready to be sent to accomplish his mission.

We see in these two verses what his mission in part will be and that is to build the temple of the lord. We also see that he will come during the second temple. We learn in the gospels that the temple the Lord is sent to build, is the human temple of God.

It shows him in verse 13 that after he finishes building the temple he takes his seat ruling as a king and priest over both. Keep in mind this vision is taking place between both mountains of brass also keep in mind that the new covenant was not brought into reality at the time of this vision.

in 70 ad the temple was destroyed. Yet in zechariah 6:13 messiah is shown to be ruling upon his throne. How can that be? This scripture is fulfilling the prophecy of psalms 110 showing the lord jesus taking his throne in heaven being seated at the right hand of God. Showing the lord both a king and priest of the order of Melchizedek. The order of Melchizedek has no lineage allowing him to be both a king and priest of the tribe of Judah. overruling the levitical priesthood.

Some have tried to attribute psalms 110, to a assumption a soldier, wrote this psalm about David claiming the soldier was referring to king David as being the Lord that the lord God was speaking to. but that is not the case the person that the Lord is referring to is a eternal king and priest ruling over the kingdom. We know David died and rests with his fathers. Not only that but isaiah 45:5-6 declares that there is no one sitting at the right hand of God before isaiah's lifetime, or he would still be sitting there, till all enemies were put under his footstool. If you listen to the news on what we call television you know this hasn't happened yet,

The lord is still sitting at the right hand of God. We know that the Lord Jesus rose from the dead after he purge are sin. Not only that he rose having his flesh and bone. this took place 750 yrs after Isaiah's vision, 1750 yrs after David vision 250 yrs after Zechariah's. This annul's the claim that that psalms 110 is speaking of someone other than the Lord Jesus.

The Melchizedek priesthood has tremendous importance in the legitimacy of the gospels. this allows The Lord Jesus to be both king and priest of the tribe of Judah where as if he wasn't of the order of Melchizedek it would be impossible to be of the tribe of Judah and the tribe of Levi he would have to have 2 fathers, according to the old covenant if you were a priest you would have to be a levite a son of Levi. a mothers linage isn't recognised by Jewish customs.

Also the Order of the Melchizedek priesthood allows God to overrule the the jewish customs of having to be verified of his tribunal descent through a earthly father. The melchizedek priesthood has no account of lineage. Securing the virgin birth. the very fact that Jesus The Christ's lineage can not be counted proves he is a priest after the order of Melchizedek, confirmed by God, fulfilling psalms 110. The scriptures can't be broken. If you could prove Christ had a earthly father according to the census it would break the prophecy of psalms 110.

the point is that the Tanakh confirms that the messiah came during the 2nd temple and took his throne ruling over both covenants, for the purpose of unifying the 2. In psalms 110 we see where he takes his seat. we also see him raised from the dead ruling as both king and priest of the order Melchizedek. Confirming the new covenants claim. Isaiah 45:5-6. guards the seat of Christ from false assumption that God was speaking to someone else in Psalms 110, As some have claimed. The arial view of God, nicely connects centuries of writtings together as he said

"...For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, DECLARING THE END FROM THE BEGINNING, AND FROM ANCIENT TIMES THINGS THAT ARE NOT YET DONE, Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure" .

--------------------
jb

Posts: 95 | From: florida | Registered: Jul 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Visual Media | Privacy Statement