Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Something to consider

Author Topic: Something to consider
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a Sunday School teacher that feared committing that sin. She passed down that fear to me. The sad thing is she did not know what the sin was but she was always telling us not to commit this unknown sin.

I lived in fear of committing that sin fior many years. Until a Pastor explain what the sins is. If we deny the voice of the Holy Spirit enough times or curse the Holy Spirit, the Spirit will never again convict us of sin and call us to salvation. The Pastor said if we feel guilty about sin we are in no danger.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jethro
Advanced Member
Member # 15162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jethro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one of the tactics of the devil, is trying to make a child of god think that he or she, has blasphemed the holy ghost, which the bible say has not forgiveness.

He who speaks evil against the holy ghost, is the carnal nature of man, it can't be forgiven. it has to be put to death. No matter how righteous or good it seems to be. Push comes to shove it is totally wicked. desperately wicked. It can not be forgiven, in this world or in the one to come. Thats why Jesus put it to death at the cross. Raising up the new incorruptible man, that can't be defiled. Hope this helps.

Whats the difference between resisting the holy spirit and speaking against him?
Far as i can see none. The people Jesus were talking to had just got done speaking against the holy spirit. Yet were still encourage to come and be saved. Apostle Paul called himself a former blasphemer.

Another thing you might want to take into consideration, is that the Holy spirit is the only one that can administer the finished work of Christ. This brings us into the reality of the finished work of Christ at the cross. With out that we would die in our sin. Jesus said that unless we believe that he is the Christ we would die in our sins.

once you come into what the realization of what this sin is, you are free to have faith and receive the love and grace of god in Christ that has been purchased for you by the blood of the lord Jesus Gods Christ.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. 34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;) 12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. 13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated. 14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. 15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

--------------------
jb

Posts: 124 | From: florida | Registered: Jul 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement