Christian Message Board And Forums

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Board And Forums   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Christ In The Shadows

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Christ In The Shadows
Jethro
Advanced Member
Member # 15162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jethro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
isaiah 7 :i-14;

1 And it came to pass in the days of Ahaz the son of Jotham, the son of Uzziah, king of Judah, that Rezin the king of Syria, and Pekah the son of Remaliah, king of Israel, went up toward Jerusalem to war against it, but could not prevail against it.

2 And it was told the house of David, saying, Syria is confederate with Ephraim. And his heart was moved, and the heart of his people, as the trees of the wood are moved with the wind.

3 Then said the LORD unto Isaiah, Go forth now to meet Ahaz, thou, and Shearjashub thy son, at the end of the conduit of the upper pool in the highway of the fuller's field;

4 And say unto him, Take heed, and be quiet; fear not, neither be fainthearted for the two tails of these smoking firebrands, for the fierce anger of Rezin with Syria, and of the son of Remaliah. 5 Because Syria, Ephraim, and the son of Remaliah, have taken evil counsel against thee, saying, 6 Let us go up against Judah, and vex it, and let us make a breach therein for us, and set a king in the midst of it, even the son of Tabeal: 7 Thus saith the Lord GOD, It shall not stand, neither shall it come to pass. 8 For the head of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is Rezin; and within threescore and five years shall Ephraim be broken, that it be not a people. 9 And the head of Ephraim is Samaria, and the head of Samaria is Remaliah's son. If ye will not believe, surely ye shall not be established. 10 Moreover the LORD spake again unto Ahaz, saying, 11 Ask thee a sign of the LORD thy God; ask it either in the depth, or in the height above. 12 But Ahaz said, I will not ask, neither will I tempt the LORD. 13 And he said, Hear ye now, O house of David; Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will ye weary my God also?14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Fullers. Their work was to cleanse garments and whiten them. The soap they employed consisted of salts mixed with oil ... The Fuller's Field (2 Kgs. 18:17; Isa.

Holman Bible Dictionary

A site outside Jerusalem's walls, located near the conduit between the Gihon Spring and the upper pool (2 Kings 18:17 ; Isaiah 7:3 ; Isaiah 36:2 ). The road to the Fuller's Field was the scene of an encounter between Rabshakeh, agent of the king of Assyria, who stopped within hearing distance of those on the city walls, and the leaders of Jerusalem. See

a spot near Jerusalem (2 Kings 18:17; Isa. 36:2; 7:3), on the side of the highway west of the city, not far distant from the "upper pool" at the head of the valley of Hinnom. Here the fullers pursued their occupation.

NOTES
fullers field used in one record to negotiate with your enemies
it also is know in the new testament as potters field where common people used to berry the dead
ahaz is not only a sinner, he is a anointed king of israel.
God tells Isaiah to go meet Ahaz, bring his son (Shearjashub - means a small remnant) at the end of the conduit of the upper pool in the highway of fullers field. these things God describes make up a water system fed by virgins springs, the pool is where the water is store, the conduit, is like a channel, used to direct the water, the end is where the water is poured out. the location in the highway, a highway is something that has been prepared to get somewhere. the upper pool was fed by a spring called virgin springs which was the source of water for Gihon springs, fullers field - fuller was a archaic term used to describe a craftsman of some sort. fullers field also was a place that had a lot of clay in the ground Isaiah 1 mention fullers soap . the virgin spring is a natural spring that was harnessed to supply water into a pool the water had to ascend into the pool, because of it constant flow would descend into the the chanel of conduit this serves to show his death and resurrection and origin. I know the presentation i put together could be polished much better but the point is, it describe in detail what Christ would come and do. Not only that it is relevant to the context.Perhaps i should define each working part more clearly. in order to get the definition of these thing i had to look into the objects described and define their function

BRIEF BACKGROUND
Ahaz was the king of Israel, hadn't walked uprightly before god. Had no reason to think God would help him. God send isaiah, who represents God, to let him know that he is the head of the house of David and what he has planned in the house of david will be accomplished. These armies that plot evil against you these firetails are just that, the end of the fire and they have no future. Their head governing force will fail in the near distant future and they will be know more

UNFINISHED SUMMERY
God is going to bring his son, through a small remnant of the linage of David. By the end of the virgins child who is the spring that descends and ascend, to pour out Gods spirit, through this highway he has prepared for all vessels of clay. This is why Ahaz you won't be Destroyed

SIGNS
14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

GOD said I will put enmity between you and the woman and between her seed and your seed he shall crush your head and you will crush his heel

This all ties in to gen 3:15. Everything in the old covenant, is all about God bringing Christ Jesus, into the world his first born son to restore the kingdom back to God. the first sign begins with god telling the serpent

what will be done will be by GOD'S hand
GOD'S gonna put hate in this woman towards you
GOD'S going to put hate in her seed towards you
he will crush your head
you will crush his heel

Notice God doesn't say the man seed. the reason for this is the genetic code (genetic code is just a term used to describe the properties of the seed) in the reproduction process the genetic code is in the seed of the man. The seed of the women is like a scroll. The seed of the women, opens the tail of the male's seed and copy's all the genetic code and becomes it, according to science. Man became defile rejecting the nature God had designed him to be. It seems that man genetic code, is written by his actions, the desire that motivates him. This is why God say the Woman's seed. Now we see here in Isaiah 7:14 . that the woman is a virgin. God is going to put his seed in her, containing his nature. This is most important in redemption. The child has to be without sin in order to redeem man. This is why no one else can save your soul, because we are all subjects to the condemned fallen nature of Adam, regardless of how good we might seem to be. psalms 139 is a prophecy given king David, A picture of God forming Christ in the womb.

Circumcision is also a sign. God tells Abraham to get circumcised. One of the signs is that this new life that God the father of the promise, will birth trough Abraham's linage, will involve the shedding of blood in order to remove the flesh from your life. This is to be performed on the eight day of life. The eight day of life, is believed to mean something above the natural realm of life. This is something God is going to do. the flesh is the human fallen nature that stimulate the motives of the lives of man. Uncircumcised males were consider dogs being easily sexually stimulate by the flesh. circumcision has no bearing on your salvation we are save by gods grace only the supernatural circumcision that he is speaking of is done through receiving the life of Christ through faith

Isaiah 7 14; is more detail on gen 3:15;

--------------------
jb

Posts: 58 | From: florida | Registered: Jul 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jethro,

When you say’s Jesus’ wife. I assume,you are talking about the Church. Am I correct?
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 3150 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jethro
Advanced Member
Member # 15162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jethro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes. I'm just grazing on this, trying to getting better understanding. Here is something you might be interested in, these thoughts came to me. I haven't study them or research them i was thinking about Jacobs, birth when he came out the womb, he had his hand on his brothers heal. I immediately thought of Tamar Judah's daughter in law, when she gave birth to her sons. The younger ones hand came out of the womb first the mid wife put a scarlet cloth on it to show he was born first, when the child went to put his hand back, the other child in her sprang out first, through the gap. Every thing is tying back to gen 3:15 god was in the process of crushing the serpents head. i wonder what god is trying to show us through all these bread crumbs that make a whole. if you have any thought on this let me know . have nice day

--------------------
jb

Posts: 58 | From: florida | Registered: Jul 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jethro,
Thank you for answering my question. You have an interesting study. Would be interesting to find out why the babies came out the way they did.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 3150 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jethro
Advanced Member
Member # 15162

Me to , this i know it's all about destroying the devil through Jesus. I think God in Jacob birth is saying i have my hand on the serpent im about to mess up his plans. Then when Tamar son pulls his hand back, i think god is saying im gonna knock him out. Out sprang her other son. I was hoping that you, would study it and see what you come up with. I m sure there is a whole lot of good food there.

--------------------
jb

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In man's tradition, the firstborn son is privileged. But God does not follow man's traditions. God made His own choices of who would be in the lineage of Christ.
Posts: 6725 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jethro
Advanced Member
Member # 15162

True. Carol. just reading the event in gen 38-39 when Judah found out Tamar was pregnant, he was going to burn her. then she showed him his personal effects, she had against him and he let her go. i thought Judah, wasn't under the law, where did he get all these rules from. was this the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil ruling in the hearts of men. Tamar disarmed the reasoning of man proveing him guilter than her. i recall Adam felt a shamed had cover himself, here man feels ashamed feels he needs to burn another human being to death justify himself. Jesus said this you that are without sin throw the first stone. all this phoney righteousness of man is purge through affliction till he comes to the point of life he was conceived by when God smile on them and gave it life, there was no i'm right your wrong human reasoning. There was just a misguided pursuit of the passionate love that touched the spirit of life

--------------------
jb

Jethro
Advanced Member
Member # 15162

The first life of man, was formed by God. When man sinned, man ended up rejecting the nature God, created in him. There was no cure for him, but death. this is why God refuses to bless mans first born. God blesses the second life he bring into the world. This life is different. this life is not formed out of dust. This life is birth by God, making the second life his first born. Through which he has designed a plan, to save the life that was in the fist man; with out destroying the life of man. This is why God blesses the younger son and not the older. It is symbolic type for what God was going to do, through his first born, making all the offspring of man subject to him.

Jacob having his hand on his older brothers heel at the time of birth, also has a significant meaning for the reader, to inspire faith in something God had not yet revealed in full. Just the word heel, should make you think of genesis 3:15; God seems to be saying, i have my hand on the enemy's heel, on the first life i put in you, and he will be a servant, to the second life that i give you. The word heel, is also a type of symbol: can mean places he goes, things he does, plans he makes and his end. This is not in the tone of a good thing for the older brother, who represent fallen man and his assumption of good. Lets go look at Gods hand again, from the womb, hopefully it will rise some light on the subject( The name Zarah is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Zarah is: East, brightness.) which is Judah daughter in laws Tamars 2nd child's name the sun rise in the east- rising of light on the subject.

Stretch out thy hand over the waters of Egypt, and they shall be blood (Exod. 7:19).

Stretch out thy hand over the streams, and cause frogs to come up (Exod. 8:5).

Stretch out thy rod and smite the dust of the land, and it shall be lice (Exod. 8:16).

Stretch out thy hand toward heaven, and there shall be hail (Exod. 9:22).

The hand of Jehovah is stretched out upon all nations, and who shall press it back? (Isa. 14:27, 28).

When Tamar was about to give birth there were two nations in her womb. The hand of the child represent what God, at the time was going to bring about through the seed of the promise. One child stretch out his hand from the womb, the mid wive put a scarlet thread on it, to determine which child is born first thinking he would be born first.

--------------------
jb

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Church Webs | Privacy Statement