Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Rom 2 devotions

Author Topic: Rom 2 devotions
clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Romans 2:12
KJV 12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
Thomson 12 For as many as have sinned without law, shall without law perish, and as many as have sinned, being under law shall be judged by law, on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ.

These are my thoughts.
Without the law we are still sinners and we cant keep the law so Jesus came to die for our sins so because of His death e are no longer judged by the law but by Jesus.

--------------------
God's word is truth

Posts: 303 | From: TN | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Romans 2:11
KJV 11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
NHEB 11 For there is no partiality with God.

These are my thoughts.
We are all on the same level to Jesus and we all need Him.

--------------------
God's word is truth

Posts: 303 | From: TN | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 2:7
KJV 7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
Thomson 7 to them who by perseverance in well-doing, seek for glory and honour, and incorruption [he will grant] everlasting life;

These are my thoughts.
When we have eternal life thru Christ we have a life of patience of well doing bringing Him glory and honor.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 2:6
KJV 6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
Thomson 6 who will render to every one according to his works

These are my thoughts.
God will give us based off grace but by what we do for Him.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 2:5
KJV 5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
Thomson 5 Indeed according to this obduracy, and impenitent heart of thine thou art treasuring up for thyself wrath against a day of the wrath and of the revelation of the righteous judgment of God,

These are my thoughts.
Let our hearts be joined to the Lord who is righteous.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 2:4
KJV 4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
Thomson 4 Or dost thou contemn the riches of his gentleness and forbearance and long suffering, not considering that the gentleness of God is leading thee to a reformation?

These are my thoughts.
We need to cherish and not despise the values and riches we gain from the Lord.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 2:3
KJV 3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?
Thomson 3 And dost thou imagine, O man, who judgest them who commit such things and dost the same thyself, that thou shall escape the judgment of God?

These are my thoughts.
The only way to escape judgment is by the cross, the cross changes us.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 2:2
KJV 2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.
Thomson 2 Now we know .that the judgment of God is according to truth against them who commit such things.

These are my thoughts.
God will judge by truth, we have to be in His truth thru Jesus being our Lord and Savior and He will lead us not to practice sin but glorify God.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 2:1
KJV 1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.
Thomson 1 therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art, who judgest another: for in the act of judging another thou condemnest thyself. For thou the judger dost the same things.

These are my thoughts.
We have our own sin so we shouldn’t judge, we are to let the word and Jesus be the judge, we are to share the truth but not in a condemning way but in a loving way.

--------------------
God's word is truth

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement