Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Ps 94

Author Topic: Ps 94
clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Psalms 94:19
KJV 19 In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.
Thomson 19 O Lord, according to the multitude of the sorrows of my heart; thy comforts delighted my soul.

These are my thoughts.
‘God is the comfort to our soul.

--------------------
God's word is truth

Posts: 303 | From: TN | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Psalms 94:18
KJV 18 When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up.
Thomson 18 Did I say, My foot hath slipped? Thy mercy, O Lord, assisted me.

These are my thoughts.
We need to the Lord to hold us up because without Him we are destined to fall.

--------------------
God's word is truth

Posts: 303 | From: TN | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Psalms 94:17
KJV 17 Unless the LORD had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence.
Thomson 17 Had not the Lord indeed come to mine assistance; my soul would soon have sojourned in the mansion of the dead.

These are my thoughts.
We are hopeless without Jesus and we live by His helping hands.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Psalms 94:15
KJV 15 But judgment shall return unto righteousness: and all the upright in heart shall follow it.
Thomson 15 till justice return to judgment; and all the upright in heart be in her train.

These are my thoughts.
God’s judgment makes things right and by following Christ we are right before we face judgment.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Psalms 94:14
KJV 14 For the LORD will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance.
Thomson 14 For the Lord will not cast off his people; nor will he forsake his inheritance;

These are my thoughts.
God wont reject us once we have come to Christ because by Christ we become His people and become coheirs with Jesus.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Psalms 94:13
KJV 13 That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked.
Thomson 13 in order to set him at ease from evil days; until a pit be dug for the sinner.

These are my thoughts.
We need to seek Jesus for rest and give Him judgment and not judge ourselves.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Psalms 94:12
KJV 12 Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law;
Thomson 12 Happy the man, whom thou, O Lord wilt instruct; and whom thou wilt teach out of thy law;

These are my thoughts.
If we are His child, He both disciplines and teaches us.

--------------------
God's word is truth

Jethro
Advanced Member
Member # 15162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jethro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey Clark, i know it hard sometimes to pray for our enemies. Just think, that if through our praying for them,they come to Christ and be saved; they won't be enemies anymore. When some one hurts me i found that if i go to God in Christ and tell him, how the wrong me and acknowledge the fact that my response, to them is wrong and admitted to god my sin, im released from it. What im saying is i can't justify my hatred towards any body regardless of weather they deserve it or not. Ya what they did might be very wrong, but my response if not of love is wrong.
i don't want anyone to be destroyed

--------------------
jb

Posts: 124 | From: florida | Registered: Jul 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Psalms 94:11
KJV 11 The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.
NHEB 11 The LORD knows the thoughts of man, that they are futile.

These are my thoughts.
We often want to follow our own way which is vain, we are blessed to follow His ways.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Psalms 94:10
KJV 10 He that chastiseth the heathen, shall not he correct? he that teacheth man knowledge, shall not he know?
Thomson 10 Will not he, who chastiseth nations, reprove? He who teacheth man knowledge?

These are my thoughts.
We should learn from the discipline we receive from the Lord.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Psalms 94:9
KJV 9 He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? he that formed the eye, shall he not see?
Thomson 9 Doth not he, who hath planted the ear, hear? And doth not he who formed the eye, see?

These are my thoughts.
If we have ears and eyes then we need to use our sight and hearing to honor and seek the Lord.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Psalms 94:8
KJV 8 Understand, ye brutish among the people: and ye fools, when will ye be wise?
Thomson 8 Consider I beseech you, ye brutish among the people. And ye fools, at length be wise.

These are my thoughts.
Rather then to think we are wise, we need to just keep trying to understand more and more.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Psalms 94:7
KJV 7 Yet they say, The LORD shall not see, neither shall the God of Jacob regard it.
Thomson 7 and said, The Lord cannot see, nor can the God of Jacob discern.

These are my thoughts.
There isn’t anything the Lord cant see, we cant hide anything from Him.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Psalms 94:6
KJV 6 They slay the widow and the stranger, and murder the fatherless.
Thomson 6 They have slain the widow and orphan: they have murdered the stranger,

These are my thoughts.
When people move away from the values of the Lord evil happens on big levels.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Psalms 94:5
KJV 5 They break in pieces thy people, O LORD, and afflict thine heritage.
Thomson 5 They have oppressed thy people, O Lord: and afflicted thine inheritance.

These are my thoughts.
Those who don’t follow God often hurt the people of us who do.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Psalms 94:4
KJV 4 How long shall they utter and speak hard things? and all the workers of iniquity boast themselves?
Thomson 4 Shall they declaim and utter injustice? Shall all the workers of iniquity speak?

These are my thoughts.
The world is so full of arrogance, we are to humble servants filled with the love of our Lord.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Psalms 94:3
KJV 3 LORD, how long shall the wicked, how long shall the wicked triumph?
Thomson 3 How long shall sinners, O Lord; how long shall sinners boast?

These are my thoughts.
God will see to it that the wicked’s triumph ends.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Psalms 94:2
KJV 2 Lift up thyself, thou judge of the earth: render a reward to the proud.
Thomson 2 Exalt thyself, O thou judge of the earth; render a retribution to the proud.

These are my thoughts.
The Lord is going to exalt Himself and we are to exalt Him, He will judge the earth in His time.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Psalms 94:1
KJV 1 O Lord God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself.
Thomson 1 A Psalm by David for the fourth day of the week. The Lord is a God of vengeance, the God of vengeance hath given solemn warning.

These are my thoughts.
Vengeance is for the Lord to take and we need to let Him have it from us because for us to take it would be sin.

--------------------
God's word is truth

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement