Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Entitlement Mentality of the American Church

Author Topic: The Entitlement Mentality of the American Church
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
“This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves.”– 2 Timothy 3:1-2

By Mike Wingfield

I often wonder what the Lord thinks of the churches in America. Are most of them a reflection of what He really wants the church to be? Does the character and message of the church truly represent the holy and righteous standards and eternal pans of our holy Lord? Do most of the churches in America please the Lord, or do they make Him sick at His stomach? Remember what He said to the church of Laodicea? “… because thou art lukewarm [filled with apathy], … I will spew thee out of my mouth.” (Revelation 3:16)

If the apostles of the early church were to attend our present-day American churches would they recognize them as an extension of the true church that was established in the first century? We should expect some cultural differences. Worship styles can reflect the culture. Dress preferences may reflect the customs of the day. But doctrine, what we believe, cannot and should not be altered to fit a culture. Truth is truth. God’s truth is eternal and transcends cultures.

In my lifetime, America has experienced an incredible change in the character and makeup of its people. Both born-again evangelical believers and secular unbelievers have adopted a new frame of reference. The entire culture has radically changed!

Click Here to read the entire article

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement