Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » How to be saved=born again and join the family of God!

Author Topic: How to be saved=born again and join the family of God!
Sa:ji:sdo:de
Advanced Member
Member # 13749

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Sa:ji:sdo:de     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

-
Although the supernatural aspect of the birth about which Christ spoke at John 3;3-8 is a bit of a mystery, the procedure for obtaining it is actually pretty simple. Below are the instructions that Christ gave to a man named Nicodemus when he asked questions about it.

†. John 3:14-17 . . Just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, so that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him.

The incident to which Christ referred is located at Num 21:5-9.

Long story short: Yhvh's people became sick and tired of living in the desert and eating manna all the time at every meal. But instead of courteously, and diplomatically, petitioning their divine benefactor for tastier food and better accommodations, they became hostile and confrontational.

In response to their insolence; Yhvh sent a swarm of deadly poisonous reptiles among them; which began striking people; and every strike was 100% fatal, no exceptions. In no time at all, much people of Israel died. Then those not yet dead got nervous and appealed to Moses for help. In reply; the Lord instructed Moses to construct a model of the beasts and hoist it up on a pole in plain view so that everyone dying from venom could look to it for immunity.

Now the key issue here is that the model was the only God-given remedy for the people's terminal condition-- not purity, not sacrifices and offerings, not tithing, not church attendance, not missionary work, not confession, not holy days of obligation, not the Sabbath, not charity, not good deeds, not good behavior, not piety, not Bible study and Sunday school, not catechism or yeshiva, not one's religion of choice, not self denial and/or self control, not the so-called golden rule, not vows of poverty and/or chastity, not the Ten Commandments, not the Eucharist; no, none of that: not even prayers. The model was it; viz: it was all or nothing at all-- there was no other option. Whoever failed to look to that model for immunity died: no exceptions.

In other words then: Christ's sacrifice of himself to satisfy justice for the sins of the world is the only God-given option for protection from the second death depicted at Rev 20:11-15. The default is terminal; no exceptions. People relying upon self denial and/or self control instead of putting all their trust in Christ's crucifixion, are dead men walking.

†. John 3:18 . .Whoever believes in him will not be condemned; but whoever does not believe has already been condemned.

Supposing someone is interested in taking Christ at his word? What to do about it?

Well; all that they have to do is simply speak up; like this:

"God; I am a sinner. I would like to take advantage of your son's death."

That prayer need not be public. It can be spoken in the privacy of one's own bedroom or even in a restroom where they work.

There's only one catch to that prayer. The speaker has to be convinced in their own mind that Jesus' Father is really out there or they will be speaking into the air and get no results.

†. Heb 11:6 . .Without faith it is impossible to please Him, for anyone who approaches God must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who seek Him.

How is it that I am so confident that God will honor the prayer I recommended? Well; again, I'm taking Christ at his word and acting on faith.

†. John 6:37 . . Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and I will not reject anyone who comes to me, because I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of the one who sent me.

. . . And this is the will of the one who sent me: that I should not lose anything of what He gave me, but that I should raise it the last day. For this is the will of my Father: that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him may have eternal life, and I shall raise him the last day.

/

Posts: 1245 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amos 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:
12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.
13 In that day shall the fair virgins and young men faint for thirst.

This day is now upon us as God's Word has systematically been removed and silenced from the average baseball fan by the Obama Administration and the Pope.

God's Precious Word TODAY!
"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time." (1 Timothy 2:5-6), KJV)

THIS TIME IS NOW UPON US!

ITS YOUR PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!

The Bible KJV, God's WORD, will only be a story book written by men unless.......YOU ARE BORN AGAIN!

How To Be Born Again

The Sinner: "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).
The Problem: "Jesus answered . . . Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God" (John 3:3).
The Sentence: "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 6:23).
The Saviour: "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).
The Solution: "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" (Romans 10:9).
The Timing: "Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation" (2 Corinthians 6:2).
Your Acceptance of God's Gift: If you really believe that Jesus Christ took your place in judgment for your sins on the Cross, you can pray the following prayer.
The Prayer: Lord Jesus Christ, be merciful to me a sinner. I do now receive you as my personal Lord and Saviour.
The Result: If you sincerely prayed the above prayer, you are now born again! (John 3:3).
Welcome to God's Family: "Therefore if any man [or woman] be in Christ, he [or she] is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (2 Corinthians 5:17).

[rapture]

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GISMYS16
Advanced Member
Member # 12739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GISMYS16   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PTL!! I have good news for you!!! You can live your life as a blessed son of God.

How to be saved=born again and join the family of God!

Romans:
Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13 God says=
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved....................

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

An ""example prayer"" if you have never before talked to God.
Heavenly Father:........................................... ...............................
I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of
my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my
heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the
Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have
Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe
that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now
to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and
Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the
day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess
with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed
by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen

Posts: 36 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement