Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » When the most stable becomes unstable

Author Topic: When the most stable becomes unstable
knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 15 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don’t know if it is just me, but sometimes I get a feeling of appending doom or hopelessness and don’t know why. Just seems to come on me like a cloud. But in today’s reading in Going Through The Bible In A Year I read the below:

Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though its waters roar and be troubled, Though the mountains shake with its swelling. There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God, The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High. God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved; God shall help her, just at the break of dawn. The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved; He uttered His voice, the earth melted. The LORD of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah ~ Psalms 46:2-7

When the most stable becomes unstable, there should be "no fear" because of the transcendent stability of God. I will try and keep this in mind as I go through my life and hope you do also. No matter what happens, there is no reason to fear for the true Christian. We can always and forever keep our eyes on the King of Kings who always has everything under control. Jesus is the Prince of Peace!

Hope everyone has a good day and God bless you.

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement