Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » When life starts seeming meaningless!

Author Topic: When life starts seeming meaningless!
knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 15 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Notes from today Through The Bible In A Year
Genesis 50:1 - Exodus 2:10

(Exo 1:21) And it came to pass, because the midwives feared God, that he made them houses.
Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. When you fear God above everything else then you will be where you need to be, because God will see to it.

(Proverbs 9:10) "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Matthew 16:13-17:9

Mat 16:24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

He is demanding total commitment from them—even unto physical death—and making this call to full surrender a part of the message they are to proclaim to others. Christ repeats this same call to life-or-death devotion in Mat_16:24; Mar_8:34; Luk_9:23; Mat_14:27.

It seems sometimes I am lost in what I am supposed to be doing. So lately, I have been thinking on this subject. As I was reading my Bible In A Year today I was reminded of what Tony Evans said in a clip on the radio this past week. It has been standing out in the bible when I read it. He said, "Our problem today is we've got Christians who want God to get them to heaven who do not want Him to own them on earth. He does not just want to be in your life He wants to own your life." ~Dr. Tony Evans

I think until I and anyone else becomes totally committed to the Lord they will feel lost as they are not hearing from God and they are not in His will and your live starts seeming meaningless.

If you want to hear the message from Tony Evans click below:

http://christianvisualmedia.com/index.php/listen-to-audio?view=song&song_id=83

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement