Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Achieving Prosperity

Author Topic: Achieving Prosperity
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 15 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daily Meditation
"A high-tech way to deliver God's Word"

Achieving Prosperity

3 John 1:2 Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.

I have, what I believe are a few short words of wisdom for you today. "I have discovered that over time, we are richer for what we discover we don't need, than for getting what we thought we wanted." Read that over a few times, and let it really sink in.

Unfortunately, some teach that "prosperity" is only about acquiring money or things. However, I want you to understand that true prosperity is a state of mind. You’ll develop a consciousness of prosperity, when you become aware that you’re always surrounded by the abundance of God.

One could correctly define "prosperity" as "Being aware that God is the abundant, always present resource, who is unfailing, and ready to supply the needs for all who will open themselves to it, through "faith."" And "faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."(Heb 11:1)

God’s Word states, "Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers."(3 John 1:2) My friend, you must understand what the word "prosper," as used in this verse, actually means. The Greek word "euodoo," yoo-od-o'-o is used. It means: "to have help on the road; to ;succeed in reaching; to succeed in business affairs; to have a prosperous journey." (Hebrew & Greek Dictionary)

"Prosperity," as God would have you claim it, is not associated with greed. Some time back I wrote how I was saddened as I a read an article reprinted from the Los Angeles Times September 19, 2004. I just stopped writing, and reread it; I am still amazed, and quite frankly disgusted at what is going on in Jesus’ name. You may read it for yourself, and make your own judgement, at http://www.trinityfi.org/press/latimes04.html What you will read in that newspaper article, is not the "prosperity" I’m writing about today!

Yes, God’s Word states, "Judge not, that you be not judged."(Mat 7:1) His Word also states, "You will know them by their fruits."(Mat 7:16) Therefore, as you seek to be "prosperous," remember that "those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition."(1 Tim 6:9)

In Gen 39:2,3, you may read how "the Lord was with Joseph, and he was a successful man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian. And his master saw that the Lord was with him and that the Lord made all he did to prosper in his hand." As you can see, there was much more to Joseph being "prosperous," than being rich!

My friend, you can open yourself up to greater prosperity, by having "faith" in God as your all-providing source, keeping in mind that all of your needs are being met. All you have to do to claim that prosperity, is to believe and trust God’s Word, and allow those divine ideas to take form in your life. If you want to have more prosperity in your life, try a few of these spiritual prosperity practices:

1. God first: You must put God first in all that you do, as you take time for prayer and meditation, throughout your day.

2. Give: God would have you give of your time and money, to the place(s) where you are spiritually fed. "So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver."(2 Cor 9:7)

3. Gratitude: Don’t be guilty of failing to practice gratitude. One way to do that is by keeping a daily list of all the things God does for you, and which you are grateful for in your life. I’ve had several very close calls, where drivers failed to stop at a stop sign. In one case, I slid to a stop just inches from a car that pulled in front of me. I’m thankful for what God did in those situations; my drive across town was "prosperous!" My friend, you need to be thankful for what God has saved you from, as well as what He has given you!

4. Disorder: One’s mind may become cluttered, or in a state of disarray, by "beliefs" which limit your ability to accept the things that God wants you to have. Get rid of the clutter, and make room for "faith!" This may come as a surprise to some, but poverty does not equal holiness.

I write often, that one may discover the nature of God in the Old Testament. Even though we are not saved by keeping any commandments, the "principles" contained in those commandments still apply today.

With that thought in mind, live according to God’s principles, "do not turn from [them] to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go." Meditate on God’s principles, "day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in [them]. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."(Josh 1:7-9)

In closing I want to point out who it is that will make you prosperous; "you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success." You thought it was God? Surprise, surprise; it’s "you!" (Smile) God indeed lays down the principles, however, it’s "you" who must make the decision to follow them! When you obey God, He is bound by His Word to do as He has promised in it!

When "you" follow God’s principles, "you will have good success"; He will enable you to be "prosperous." By the way, both "success" and "prosperity" have one thing in common; a four-letter word called "work!" (Smile)

Obey God; get to work; you’ll be prosperous!

Rev Russ

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement