Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » What about those Giants? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What about those Giants?
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, MentorsRiddle, thanks for putting in the effort, appreciate it ... so is there NOT EVEN ONE solid femur bone or other "giant" bone that I can point my Darwinian friend to, NOT EVEN ONE??? That is not good news if that is the case ...

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden
quote:
hi, MentorsRiddle, you said "many of these bones have been fake, but many have been real", do you mean to tell me that with the modern techniques that we have they could not determine if it was human or that it even was a bone?
With modern techniques we can determine if it was a bone or not, of course -- Determining if a bone is human or not is a completely different story all together.

Modern historians refuse, at times, to acknowledge a truth when they see one because it will run contrary to modern historical “truths”, which they hold so close to their hearts.

Many times, historians will dismiss claims such as these because there is no real explanation for their existence – at least in the realm of modern historical thinking.

Truth of the matter: large humanoid skeletons have been discovered all over the world; from the Americas to China.

All of which have been highly dismissed to clever fakes or just not possible.

Many ancient cultures speak of gigantic humans with impossible strength, etc.

As the old additive goes: there is always some ring of truth in every legend and myth.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Story behind the giant human femur sculpture (Mt Blanco)

From Joe Taylor

Mr. Jack Wagner sent me the following article in 1996 and asked me to sculpt a human femur the size of the one found in Turkey. As a guide for this model, I used the femur of one of the Malachite Man females.

What we know about this find is from a letter by the man who found it.

The article:

Dear Christian Friends, I was born and lived in the Middle East from 1938 to 1968. I was Ain-Tell and Euphrates water works Engineer and was very interested in archaeology and history and had some very interesting findings, some of which may sound unbelievable. I have brought with me a few silex arrow heads, etc., from the very battle-field where King Nebuchadnezzar and Pharo-Necho’s armies fought. And what about the giants mentioned in Genesis? In south-east Turkey in the Euphrates Valley and in Homs and at Uran-Zohra, tombs of about four meters long once existed, but now roads and other construction work has destroyed the spots. At two places, when unearthed because of construction work, the leg bones were measured about 120 cms (47.24 inches). It sounds unbelievable. I have lived with my family at Ain-Tell for more than 14 years at the very spot where King Nebuchadnezzar had his headquarters after the battle of Charcamish, where I dug the graves of kings’ officers and found their skeletons like sponge, and when you touch them they become like white ash, with spears and silex and obsidian tools and ammunition laying by.

This giant stood 14-16 ft tall. Genesis 6:4 states: "There were giants in the earth in those days;" Deuteronomy 3:11 states that the bed of Og, king of Bashan, was 9 cubits by 4 cubits (approximately 14 ft long by 6 ft wide). In his book Fossils Facts & Fantasies, Joe Taylor cites several accounts of giant human skeletons or depictions discovered in Egypt, Italy, Patagonia in Argentina, and the western US.

http://www.stevequayle.com/Giants/pics/giant.femur.html

Here is a link to more giant skeletons found.

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/giants.htm

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

hi, MentorsRiddle, you said "many of these bones have been fake, but many have been real", do you mean to tell me that with the modern techniques that we have they could not determine if it was human or that it even was a bone?

It was at least a bone, right, but then it was not sure if it was a human bone? What other animals is it being proposed that the bone may have come from? Are you saying the ridges were doctored off to make it appear to be human?

And when you say "many have been real", many means what and where in your research have you found these bone examples to be located? What about this Mt. Blanco femur?

love, Eden

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to answer that question.

it has been widly debated if that bone is from a human or not.

A human bone is very distinct as it does not have ridges, but is smooth, such as the bone shone.

The bone has been thought of as a hoax... while others deem it as real.

The truth, we will never know.

I have done alot of research into this Eden.

it is true that many people from around the world have found gigantic bones, which are from gigantic humans.

many of thsee bones have been fake, but many have been real.

Forgive me if my post seemed to ramble and what not, but it is one Oh clock in the morning where I am and I'm very tired and worn out...

just thought I'd put in my 2 cents.

Love,

Matt

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
Seriously, was that femur found in southeast Turkey in 1950 unequivocally determined to be a human femur? And if so, who determined it? This is something I'd like to show to my Darwin friend so I need a serious reply.

love, Eden

Eden, that article I posted with the picture is all I have. You could do some research if you wanted to. It would be worth it to save a Darwinist.
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
Interesting topic. I do believe that there is scientific explanation for giants after the flood, and I think that the same explanation could even possibly apply to giants before the flood.

In the scientific world it is called "genetic isolation". This study shows that when populations of people brake off from other populations of people and so on and so on that certain genes can become more dominant and certain other genes can become more dormant. This would explain the reason for the many differences(height,body shape,color,hair,eyes,etc)between people all over the world.

I used to assume that we began to see subtle diffferences in people only after the "tower of babel" was destroyed and people scattered.......in other words, I thought that God Himself changed the appearance of people as well as thier languages. I found that to be a wrong conclusion when the bible showed there to be subtle differences in skin color, size, etc. even before the "tower of babel".........so now I once again lean more toward the "genetic isolation" theory as a plausible reason for the differences in people all over the world.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Seriously, was that femur found in southeast Turkey in 1950 unequivocally determined to be a human femur? And if so, who determined it? This is something I'd like to show to my Darwin friend so I need a serious reply.

love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

Carol Swenson said to Eden
quote:
(Do you really think the spies said, "5303 nephilim"? Be honest now...)
I know they were very Strong, so they must have had the Strong's Concordance, and that's how they talked, "ah, you giant 5303 nephil, how are you" ...

love, Eden

Bloodbought
Advanced Member
Member # 4365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bloodbought     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brother Paul:
Now the question is were these “sons of God” angels, who assumed a fleshly form and left their appointed habitation to do abominable things for which they have been judged and are held captive awaiting judgment as some say the passages in Jude 6 and in 2 Peter 2:4 are referring to? Or are these “sons of God” the godly line of Seth, and these “mighty ones” merely giants in the sense of being extremely powerful kings and warriors?

I would say that the Sons of God were “men,” that is all, nothing more and nothing less, but many of them were large, strong and powerful men, with a head about themselves that they were God’s gift to women. They run their lives and ruled like gods, that I believe is why they called themselves “Sons of God.”

Daughters of men were “girls” that these men married and produced more Godless self-effort. God decided that enough was enough and wiped them out.

This is going to happen again,

Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

If the Sons of God were angels, God is going to allow angels to be unleashed to take all the nice girls prior to Christ’s return. Scripture doesn’t say so and therefore I don’t believe that the Sons of God were angels. They may have been angel possessed, but they themselves were not angels.

Posts: 822 | From: Ireland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

quote:
Originally posted by MentorsRiddle:
I'm sorry.

It wasn't the Outer Limits.

It was The Twilight Zone and the episode is called: Chosen.

Here's part one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wmatNZ2xuE

Some of my facts above were a little off. But it's been years since I've seen it so thee ya go [Smile]

Thank you. I watched it. Not biblical, of course, but it did certainly show how doubts and fears and desires for worldly success can hold people back from making the right choice, even when salvation is a free gift. It was a good show. Thank you for sharing it.
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, this is just fun [Smile]

The only explanations for post-flood giants are:

1. Giant-genes on the ark
2. Satan caused giants to be made again after the flood
3. One or more giants survived the flood (expert swimmer with 23 gold medals in swimming in the Bashan Olympic Games, slept standing-up on highest mountain tops, and ate fish for a few years. After the flood he convinced a tiny human woman to be his wife...probably dragged her off by her hair...)

I came across an interesting article that supports the first idea of giant-genes on the ark.

Basically it said that fallen angels fathered the Nephilim, but then the Nephilim intermarried with humans. Eventually there would be women who looked like normal human women, but they carried the giant-genes. The small population after the flood would lead to inbreeding, and hidden (recessive) genes would show up. Giants would marry other giants, and there you go. Bigger every generation.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Nevertheless, it seems odd that no reference was made to the idea that the spies said to their elders, "But, how did these giants 5303 nephilim get here AFTER the flood"???
Abraham lived for some years among the Anakim giants. The spies came to Canaan roughly 500 years later. Why would they ask how the giants came to be there? The existence of giants would be common knowledge, even in Egypt.

(Do you really think the spies said, "5303 nephilim"? Be honest now...)

Eden
unregistered

In any case, I have heard that in the 1509 B.C. Bashan Olympic Games, one of the giants 5303 nephilim from Bashan had 23 gold medals in swimming~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (23 gold medals).

So maybe that's how they made it to Canaan after the flood. And in any case, take that, Michael Phelps.

love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

But it is also curious that the Israelite spies who spied out the land of Canaan did not say something like "wow, to our great surprise, we saw more giants 5303 nephilim" in Canaan because in those days, the tribes used oral tradition/transmission which was repeated to their children and to their children, and these oral traditions were kept pretty pure through repitition.

So it seems to me that Noah's family would have continued to teach and repeat the tribal oral tradition that they knew from BEFORE the flood where Noah and his 3 sons had surely SEEN the giants 5303 nephilim.

And indeed, what information we have in the Bible about the time and events from before the flood back to Adam would have come from the oral tradition as taught by Noah's family to their children after the flood (unless it is strict dication by the Holy Spirit to the writers of Genesis 1-6).

So if, as I think Carol Swenson's article mentioned the bad angels AGAIN had intercourse with the daughters of men to create MORE giants 5303 nephilim, it seems that the spies would have said something more than:

Numbers 13:33
And there we saw the giants 5303 nephilim, the sons of Anak who come of the giants 5303 nephilim; and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

But it is true that even if the Israelite spies had learned in their tribal oral tradition about the giants 5303 nephilim, they themselves of course "had never seen any giants 5303 nephilim in person" because the Israelite spies were born AFTER the flood.

Nevertheless, it seems odd that no reference was made to the idea that the spies said to their elders, "But, how did these giants 5303 nephilim get here AFTER the flood"??? [Confused]

love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

But in any case the picture of the Mt. Blanco fossil from southeast Turkey is astonishing. Was that femur absolutely, definitely, swear on the Memra, determined to be a human femur?

love, Eden

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

quote:
If that were the case, then more than just Noah was righteous. The families of the wives would also have to have been righteous for them to have raised three pure Sethic daughters. (They couldn't have been Shemite [Semite] as Shem was one of Noah's sons). So they would have been saved too.

On the other hand, if the wives had been rejected because they were not pure, then Noah's sons would not have had wives...ever.

Who was Mrs. Noah? She was actually Naamah, the sister of Tubal-Cain (Gen.4:22), by Zillah, the second wife of Lamech. (The Genesis Rabba midrash lists Naamah, the daughter of Lamech and sister of Tubal-Cain, as the wife of Noah, as does the eleventh century Jewish commentator Rashi.)

Noah was the last pure Sethite.

But, you're probably right Eden. God hated the Nephilim monsters so much that He wanted every man, woman, and child destroyed. So even if the wives were not pure Sethic, they were most likely pure human. Satan contaminated the gene pool. According to God’s law the Kinsman Redeemer had to be a man. He couldn’t be an angel or any kind of a hybrid. Noah carried the uncontaminated human gene across the flood and made it possible for Jesus to be born.

The other option then, for giants after the flood, is that Satan caused more of them to be born. Jude 1:6 tells us the angels responsible were chained away, but it doesn't say when. When Noah cursed Canaan, that could have given Satan the opportunity he needed, so the Promised Land was infested with giants by the time of Abraham.

Biblical and historical records, along with credible archaeological evidence, show that when Abraham pulled up his tent stakes at Ur of the Chaldeans and moved his family and flocks to Canaan, many giants already occupied Transjordan. The scriptures also say that when this first Hebrew patriarch later established his headquarters at Hebron, he lived for some years among the Anakim giants who founded that city.

Although the Anakim in later times became the most numerous--and the most feared--of Canaan's giants, the Avvim and Hurrians (or Horites, as they are called in Genesis) apparently were the first tall people to occupy that land...They developed into or were succeeded by the Anakim or Rephaim, the 'Giants' of tradition, who built the megalithic monuments, the dolmens and menhirs, of Moab and eastern Palestine. To them may be due the earliest stone walls of the Canaanite cities.

http://www.stevequayle.com/Giants/Mid.East/Giants.Mid.East1.html

Eden
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol Swenson wrote
quote:
Noah carried the uncontaminated human gene across the flood and made it possible for Jesus to be born.
And how was it again that the giants 5303 nephilim reappeared on the other side of the flood? [Confused]

Numbers
33 And there we saw the giants 5303 nephilim, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants 5303 nephilim: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

What about those Giants, huh?

love, Eden

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

[pound]

Did you draw that masterpiece yourself?

I guess you missed this post...

quote:
But, you're probably right Eden. God hated the Nephilim monsters so much that He wanted every man, woman, and child destroyed. So even if the wives were not pure Sethic, they were most likely pure human. Satan contaminated the gene pool. According to God’s law the Kinsman Redeemer had to be a man. He couldn’t be an angel or any kind of a hybrid. Noah carried the uncontaminated human gene across the flood and made it possible for Jesus to be born.

Eden
unregistered

The family of Noah in the ark, according to Carol Swenson:
quote:
Noah's three sons brought with them wives who were not pure descendants of Adam, but those of the Anakim.
 -

(Forgive me this one time for posting a large picture, I don't know how to shrink it.)

What about those Giants, huh?

love, Eden

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Warning to anyone who watches the above video.

It contains language and content which may not be sutible for younger viewers.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

I'm sorry.

It wasn't the Outer Limits.

It was The Twilight Zone and the episode is called: Chosen.

Here's part one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wmatNZ2xuE

Some of my facts above were a little off. But it's been years since I've seen it so thee ya go [Smile]

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was looking at a list of episodes. I think it might be "The Second Soul" or "Final Appeal". Anyway, don't worry about it. I'll find it.

I wonder if there's an episode with giants? [Big Grin]

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

I've tried searching for the name but can't come up with anything.

It was on the newer version of the outer limits, not the older versions.

I'll keep looking. IF I find it I'll put the link here.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

I didn't see that one. What's the title? Maybe I can catch it on YouTube or somewhere.
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

I would guess the tree of life, since we already have eaten from the other one.

I thought it was an interesting movie.

It reminded me of an Outer Limits episode, where these strangers were showing up to peoples houses.

They would go in.

You would see a bright flash through the windows and and when you go in there would be a burnt area in the floor.

Well, these stranger sightings became more and more prominent. Everyone thought they were aliens killing people, etc.

Well, the main character was approached by these people several times, asking him to watch a video tape. He turned them away.

But, before they left they said they would be back one final time to offer him a chance to watch the video.

Well, they come back, but when they do, they show up with all of his friends that had dissapared after they spoke to these strangers.

He thought they were all aliens, shot the main strainger who fell over as if dead.

After a second, the stranger stood up from the ground -- not so dead.

Grew wings. and everyone dissapared.

The man went inside with the video tape, the stranger left on his porch.

The video was God. Telling them they were invited to heaven if they choose to go.

The video called the man by name, and knew all of his secrets.

The camera panned outside and atomic bombs began to fall and blow up.

They aliens/angels offered him a chance to go to heaven and his fear kept him away... so he died.

Interesting story and twist... one of my more favorites.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The innocents were running towards a tree at the end of the movie. Tree of Life? or the OTHER tree?
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Yes, Carol!

The Knowing was a weird movie!

Do you think they were taken to the Garden of Eden or something?

Is that what you got from it?

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

That reminds me of the movie "Knowing". [Smile]

Bless you, dear one. Love you.

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Honestly, I think the truth might be stranger than fiction.

Who knows.

I think there is life on other planets.

If there is God created them too.

Just because he doesn’t tell us about them doesn’t mean they are not there.

Either way, it does not effect me.

I still love Jesus all the same and believe in the bible.

Who knows, maybe there are some aliens that are servants of God?

One day we will all find out.

One day.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

The Earth is a miracle. The requirements for a habitable planet are so strict and so many that for all the requirements to be met in the same place, as on the Earth, is impossible. I don't believe there is life on other planets.

I do believe that Satan will capitalize on the idea of aliens for His own reasons, specifically to keep as many as he can from putting their faith in Christ. And when the Rapture occurs, people will be told "the lie" that the whole world will believe. The Nephilim were fathered by demons, but in today's world they could easily pose as aliens because that would fit their purpose.

People who don't give their life to Christ Jesus are vulnerable to so much deception and abuse!

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Good morning to you too, Carol.

I have always found this subject facinating.

I have often wondered if Aliens are actually fallen angels and demons.

I have herd that many abduction experiences will end when the person calles out the name of Jesus.

I mention this, because alot of people think that the fathers of the Nephelim are actually aliens and the like.

What do you think?

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning MentorsRiddle!

quote:
I am curious where the information was derived from in regards to the Nephilim and their abilities.

It does say "According to tradition..." [Smile]

Lots of interesting stuff here. You have to take it with a grain of salt though, so to speak.

http://gracethrufaith.com/ikvot-hamashiach/the-nephilim/

It makes sense to me that Satan was behind it all, and that he would empower the sons of demons.

The Greek and Roman gods, and other myths, were supposedly legends of the Nephilim.

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Carol, what you wrote is very interesting – to say the least.

I am curious where the information was derived from in regards to the Nephilim and their abilities.

I have never actually read that they had the powers of levitation, mind control, time travel, etc.

I have read that they may have built the great pyramids, etc.

I have read theories before that say the reason the great flood was necessary, was to clean up the genetic pool on earth.

According to some, Noah and his family was one of the last few remaining fully human beings left on earth.

The rest either had contaminated blood, or was fully Nephilim.

This his not biblical, of course.

The bible does not mention this.

But this is derived from theory, guess work and ancient texts from other books and texts.

One thing is clear: many ancient civilizations speak of children of powerful beings who ruled the earth at one point in time.

I have often wondered if the Greek gods, Zeus, Poseidon, Hera, etc. were actually Nephilim.

What are all of your thoughts?

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Nephilim, or fallen ones, of which we speak, were not only huge and powerful beings who may have actually taken over the pre-flood world.

They were the sons of demons, fallen angels, and allied with the cause of Satan.

According to tradition, in addition to being very large and strong, the Nephilim had enormous psychic abilities. They performed out of body experiences, levitation, mind control, time travel, mind reading and remote viewing. They had the power of pronouncing and removing curses and diseases, and had ways of knowing and predicting the future. Having aligned themselves with Satan, the source of their powers, they controlled and enslaved mankind and perverted God’s creation almost beyond redemption.

They were also extremely intelligent. They knew all about science, architecture, and engineering. Some believe they combined these skills with their powers of levitation to build the Great Pyramid and other great monuments around the pre-flood world. They sacrificed human beings all over the planet in temples and pyramids they built in Central and South America, the Far East, the British Isles, Egypt and other places. They drank our blood and slaughtered our babies, and were almost certainly tampering with both human and animal gene pools to pervert the creation and make our redemption impossible. They were the heroes of old, the mighty men of renown, memorialized in every mythology, and the primary reason God had to destroy the world and all its inhabitants in the Great Flood.

As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.( Matt. 24: 37)

How were the days of Noah? According to 2 Peter 2:4 these were the days when the angels fell and were judged.

Satan has launched several attempts to bring a race of supernatural hybrids to earth, and some believe that in the End Times man will experience this one more time. (gracethrufaith.com)

In addition to giants, there were other strange creatures.

Isaiah 27:1
In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

Revelation 6
7When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" 8I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Actually Brother Paul, from what I gather, the Book of Enoch was actually once widly accepted amongst the church but was later banned and burned.

Only a few copies remained -- Eythopian copies.

From what I understand, this book was once considered a book only the elect of the church was alowed to read, which caused some segregation and hard feelings against the underlings.

Once the underlings rose up in power, they had such anger against this book for making them feel segregated they did away with it.

But this may not be true.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Brother Paul
Advanced Member
Member # 7959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brother Paul   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks family, I never thought this subject would inspire so much commentary. And no it is not a "borrow" from the Book of Enoch which was not even written until the intertestamental period (though it may have been inspired by legends and traditions) and this reference is also found in the Book of Jubilees another apocryphal work from that period.

Brother Paul

Posts: 235 | From: Cambridge, MA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Yes, Carol, I did see it.

I've been aware of that photo for some time now, as I once researched in depth the Nephelim and other stories through out history of Giants.

Some of the earliest stories dating to ancient Sumeria.

Very interesting stuff in ancient hisotry if you know what you are looking for.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

MentorsRiddle

Did you see that Mt Blanco skeleton? King Og was actually about that big! Man o man! Yikes!!!

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Yes, Carol.

I think this is correct.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too...fallen angels. Holy angels would not disobey God by taking human wives. Jesus Christ is the only begotten of the Father.
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Just for the sake of the argument.

Many people beleive, including many biblical scholars, that the chapter of Genesis 6 is actually a shortened version of the Bood of Enoch.
(I am not saying I beleive this. Just saying.)

I for one beleive that the giatns are the offspring of unholy union between the daughters of men and angels.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

-

(Left to Right, 6 foot Male, Goliath, "Gigantopithecus" and in comparison, Og, King of Bashan)

Deuteronomy 3:11
(King Og of Bashan was the last survivor of the giant Rephaites. His bed was made of iron and was more than thirteen feet long and six feet wide. It can still be seen in the Ammonite city of Rabbah.)

-

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it were about the lines of Seth and Cain.
would it only say "sons of God(line of Seth) to daughters of men(line of Cain)"?
What about when sons of Cain took daughters of Seth?

GOD created the plant kingdom, hybrids do appear in the plant kingdom.
GOD created the animal knigdom, hybrids do appear in the animal kingdom.
GOD created man in HIS likeness and HIS image,
in the kingdom of GOD;
so what about the possiblity of hybrids in the kingdom of GOD!?!

On a side note, (regarding the sons of Noah and offspring) one of the possiblities of the curse on Canaan{Gen.9:25},is that he could have been the son of Ham and Noah's wife!

Work time, gotta go, have fun.

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

If that were the case, then more than just Noah was righteous. The families of the wives would also have to have been righteous for them to have raised three pure Sethic daughters. (They couldn't have been Shemite [Semite] as Shem was one of Noah's sons). So they would have been saved too.

On the other hand, if the wives had been rejected because they were not pure, then Noah's sons would not have had wives...ever.

Who was Mrs. Noah? She was actually Naamah, the sister of Tubal-Cain (Gen.4:22), by Zillah, the second wife of Lamech. (The Genesis Rabba midrash lists Naamah, the daughter of Lamech and sister of Tubal-Cain, as the wife of Noah, as does the eleventh century Jewish commentator Rashi.)

Noah was the last pure Sethite.

The other option then, for giants after the flood, is that Satan caused more of them to be born. Jude 1:6 tells us the angels responsible were chained away, but it doesn't say when. When Noah cursed Canaan, that could have given Satan the opportunity he needed, so the Promised Land was infested with giants by the time of Abraham.

Biblical and historical records, along with credible archaeological evidence, show that when Abraham pulled up his tent stakes at Ur of the Chaldeans and moved his family and flocks to Canaan, many giants already occupied Transjordan. The scriptures also say that when this first Hebrew patriarch later established his headquarters at Hebron, he lived for some years among the Anakim giants who founded that city.

Although the Anakim in later times became the most numerous--and the most feared--of Canaan's giants, the Avvim and Hurrians (or Horites, as they are called in Genesis) apparently were the first tall people to occupy that land...They developed into or were succeeded by the Anakim or Rephaim, the 'Giants' of tradition, who built the megalithic monuments, the dolmens and menhirs, of Moab and eastern Palestine. To them may be due the earliest stone walls of the Canaanite cities.

http://www.stevequayle.com/Giants/Mid.East/Giants.Mid.East1.html

Eden
unregistered

Eden had written
quote:
So how did the giants 5303 nephilim make it to the other side of the flood?
And Carol Swenson replied
quote:

Noah's three sons brought with them wives, who were not pure descendants of Adam but those of the Anakim.

First of all, my compliments on your vast repository of source material, it's commendable.

But, since Noah and his family were seen by God to be "righteous in his time", do you really think that Noah's 3 sons would have gotten them 3 wives from the nephilim anakim who were "not pure descendants of Adam"?

I mean, here Noah's family is chosen by God to carry on the knowledge of God in the earth, because only Noah's family has been found righteous before God:

Genesis 7
1 Then the LORD said to Noah, Come, you and all your house, into the ark; for you have I seen righteous before me in this generation.

So it seems highly unlikely to me that Noah's 3 sons had "nephilim wives" since God apparently frowned on the "sons of God having gone in unto the daughters of men"?

Wouldn't it be much more likely that Noah's 3 sons would have had themselves "pure" descendants of Adam as wives, meaning Shemite wives?

love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

Okay, thanks Carol Swenson, adding Genesis 6:1-3 helps.

love, Eden

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Because in your quote you said that “the giants are allegedly the offspring of the sons of God. But according to Genesis 6:4 it’s the other way around?, namely that the “sons of God” are the offspring of the “giants”?

You have to start at Genesis 6:1, instead of 6:4.

Genesis 6

The Corruption of Mankind

1Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, 2that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves , whomever they chose.

3Then the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years."

4The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward , when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

quote:
So how did the giants 5303 nephilim make it to the other side of the flood?
Noah's three sons brought with them wives who were not pure descendants of Adam, but those of the Anakim.

The Anakim as in Genesis 6:4 they are the sons of the sons of God, they are called the Nephilim (uncertain etymology) or giants (Heb. rapha, raphah, Heb. gibbor, mighty, Rephaim of Canaan ancestor of Og, king of Bashan, Emims of the Moabites, Zamzummims of Ammonites, Heb. murmurers, Zuzites (Zuzim) in Gen. 14:5) who were of old, men of renown.

Hence, Nimrod.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Here's an interesting video about the giants!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOFBzlQ6FTw&feature=related

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement