Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Hiding from God is impossible

Author Topic: Hiding from God is impossible
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiding from God is indeed impossible. If more people, including Christians, could realize how much God is watching their every move, they would not as hastily think that "no one on earth has seen what they just did". Indeed, God has just seen it, and He is the LAST one that you would want to see what you just did.

Deuteronomy 7:10
And repays them who hate Him to their face, to destroy them: He will not be slack to him who hates him, He will repay him to his face.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent. Thank you for sharing.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ran across this little story and wanted to share...

Have you ever planned something...something maybe a little sneaky? Something where you had a master plan of how everything was going to go; you imagined it so perfectly and just the thought of it made you smile?

Well, I have.

When I was in the fifth grade, I had a brilliant plan. I decided I was going to ditch school and stay home. My plan was to make popcorn, eat all the junk that I could find in the house, and watch my favorite soap operas. I was going to have the house and the T.V. all to myself with no one to interrupt my perfect day at home. (While all the other pour souls were at school.)

We all left for the day as usual, but once everyone went their separate ways, I ran back to the house. I walked through the door with a smirk that had pride written all over it as I had succeeded in this great plan of mine.

All was going great! That is until I heard the door slam shut."No, it couldn't be". Yes, it was my mom! "What in the heck is she doing home?!" She totally ruined my plan - what was I going to do? So I ran around the house like a crazy person looking for somewhere to hide. The shower, I will hide in the shower! I climbed in and there I sat all day long!

Meanwhile, my mom was doing her thing - listening to music, cleaning, whatever. As I sat there, I'm thinking, this is great. How fun is this? But the worst part about all of this is that everytime she came remotely close to the bathroom, my heart began to beat faster. I was so afraid she was going to find me. Pretty soon, it didn't matter to me whether she was close to the bathroom or not. The fact was she was in the house period. Just feeling her presence was enough to drive me crazy. Still I sat, wishing I was at school with all those other pour souls. At school, I would at least get recess!

I don't know how many hours went by when I finally realized I wasn't having any fun-it was certainly not worth it anymore. I couldn't take sitting in the dark bathroom hiding behind those shower doors anymore.

All at once, I went from feeling like a master planner to a humbled little girl who felt as stupid as the plan she made. What was I to do? I could have sat there into the night and waited until someone unkowningly turned on the water expecting to shower but then I would have been a wet, stupid little girl. On the other hand, I could muster up the courage to come out of the shower and confess.

And so I did it, I stood up and said "I'll take it like a man! Whatever happens from here, it's got to be better than sitting on the cold, hard, shower floor!"

She was in the kitchen, naturally, I startled her. As I stared down at the floor, I told her all about my plan (except for the part about how mad I was at her for ruining everything). I will never forget her response. She laughed. Yes, that's right, she actually laughed at me! She told me that sitting in the shower all day was punishment enough. We talked it through and she told me that I should just tell her if I ever felt like I needed a day at home. In the right timing and circumstances she would work it out and I wouldn't have to do anything wrong to get what I wanted or needed. Then I really felt dumb. What a concept, just ask.

Would you believe this thought came to mind as I was reading Psalm 139? My mind often wanders when I read God's word; I love how practical His word is. Let's read Psalm 139:1-12 together:

"O LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, but behold, O LORD, You know it altogether. You have hedged me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain it. Where can I run from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, Even there Your hand will lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me. If I say 'surely the darkness shall fall on me,' Even the night shall be light about me; Indeed the darkness shall not hide from You, but the night shines as the day: The darkness and the light are both alike to You"

The Creator God sees it all. He is EL Roi (El-RAW-HEE, the God who sees me.)

This is great news for the one who has given themselves over to Christ completely. God's very name means He is always watching over us. However, for the one who is still hiding from God, this can be dreadful and uncomfortable. The truth is, we cannot hide anything from God. He sees the deepest darkest things of our heart. Yet, He desires to free us and He love us in spite of it all.

How are your plans coming along? Do you feel God's presence? Do you hear Him calling you out of your hiding place?

Answer the call - His plans for us are far better than any we can come up with on our own.

Most Importantly, His plan won't send us running to find a hiding place.

Let His light pierce your darkness - though it may hurt awhile, as it does when you first turn on a light in a dark room, you will adjust quickly and find that the warmth of the Light will bring peace to your soul.

Teresa Ortiz

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement