Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Col 2:6 so walk ye in him:

Author Topic: Col 2:6 so walk ye in him:
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You sure seem familiar. No matter.

----------
?????

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You sure seem familiar. No matter.
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty you are soooooo right! That kind of ministering is more than you know. When I was very young in the Lord I found myself drawn to the folks in the church who did service like this. It is a humble heart that does such things and there is SOoooo MUCH to be learned from their heart! An example of humility such as washing dishes in a church preaches Jesus WITH their actions-- I love it!

We see Jesus washin feet just right before He died. [Smile]

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1Cr 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
-------------
Not everyone has the gift of teaching. This does not give us the excuse to do nothing. I often find myself in the kitchen washing dishes and occasionally vacuuming the carpet at Church, but even a glass of water given in Jesus' name is working for God.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that all you do is squirm?
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Harrison wrote
quote:
But every Christian in America surely thinks he is spiritual, and wants to teach, so confident is he, or she.
Actually that is not true at all. It has been shown that only about 5% of all the Christians support Christian churches and works, and also that MOST Christians prefer to sit in the pew and listen to another Christian TEACH THEM.

For instance, on this bbs, we have about 10 members who actively are sharing their faith on a daily basis with each other. And then there are about 70 guests, or pew sitters, who DO NOT TEACH and would not THINK of teaching.

So to repeat what you said, Michael Harrison
quote:
But every Christian in America surely thinks he is spiritual, and wants to teach, so confident is he, or she.
Not true at all. Most Christians DO NOT WANT to teach; most Christians want to SIT IN THE PEW and listen.

But not you of course. You first turn every Christian into a STUDENT by telling every Christian that they are IGNORANT Christians, and then you proceed to tell them that now you are going to teach them.

But, as someone said, you spend more time making other Christians wrong, almost for no other reason than that you can then say to them, "Look you need to applaud me for having figured it all out for you and you also need to give me praise that I'm taking the time to tell all you dumb Christians how it should REALLY be done, blah, blah, blah."

And what amazes me about you, Michael Harrison, is that I hardly ever hear you admit that you are sinner just like us ... it's always that WE are the sinners, but not you.

What was the last time that you think you sinned, Michael Harrison, and if it is not too personal, what was it that you considered sin?

quote:
Not true at all.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Col 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

And so, everybody is concerned about how to ‘walk’ in Him, or about not being lectured on how to walk in Him, whichever the case may be. But every Christian in America surely thinks he is spiritual, and wants to teach, so confident is he, or she. But in Revelations we read what we do not want to hear:

Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

But who will admit he doesn’t see? Yet Jesus thought it important enough for everyone to consider, in these last times. But it is hard to come down off of a high horse when we command the recognition of another, as though both ‘can relate‘. But Jesus says that, “If the blind lead the blind, they both will fall into a ditch.”

Jesus therefore says:

Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

But will they hear whom HE sends? For in days of old, Israel ‘stoned’ the prophets. Even still, in the days anew, each individual thinks he or she is better than they were, and that “such prose cannot pertain to me!” But they also thought that of themselves back in those days. And today, rather than humbling down to see if one can hear the voice of the Lord where HE is not expected to speak, he or she instead is drawn away, looking for a mountain top, from whence His voice will hail:

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having [themselves] itching ears;

But they will not consider it to be they, who do. It is of course, written about somebody else, of course.

So let the prudent consider should he or she be:

Col 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

For the question is, how did you receive Christ? Did you read your Bible through from cover to cover then say, “Lord, I am ready.“ Did you say seventy “Hail Marys?“ Did you take a bath and announce to the Lord that you are now clean for you have ‘done‘ what HE wanted? Oh, these are silly I know, but ‘how did’ you receive the Lord? For as you have therefore ‘received’ Him, so ‘walk’ ye in Him. Because neither will you benefit from these things that you insist you have to ’do’ to be saved, anymore than you will benefit by doing them to become righteous. For it is not how you ‘received’ Him.

It is a simple sentence which contains all that one needs to know.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement