Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » This is My Son!

Author Topic: This is My Son!
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EDEN...My friend, if you are going to comment on my script, please make sure you read it right.

I commented on one your scripts just today which pretty much relates to this back and forth thang.

Just for example: at the end of my script I said "I hate to think about it". then you took off on to something not related to my comment.
I was saying that if man could get their hands on the flesh bodies of the three, I hated to think about what they would do with them.

To think that I meant not to dig into (oh oh, I shouldn't use that term with you)the word was mistaken by you. However, you knew what I meant.

I'm thinkin Turkey legs.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 Peter 1
17For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When making our point becomes more important than the point God is trying to make-- the mess just becomes --pointless--

All glory belongs to Jesus-- That's the point.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe you should change your cyberhandle from bluefrog to bluecross.

Anyway, you wrote
quote:
Of course we need to study and ask questions but more important is what we need to know.
If it's Bible it is all important to me, though not all pertains directly to salvation, which is the most important. But to me ALL the subjects in the Bible are important. You continued:
quote:
Most important is in your subject: This is my Son.

Satan has been working on the scriptures a little longer than we have. He is well aware of anything in the Word that can raise doubt or question. That is his specialty. The Holy Spirit will help us out if we will let Him.

I don't doubt that Lucifer-Satan has also read the Word and is well-versed in the Word. But there ARE things in the Bible "hard to understand" which I will have to ask the Lord Jesus about when He comes, but in the meantime it is good fodder for Bible forums, and keeps us busy thinking about the Lord, in one form or another. You ended with
quote:
Is it important to know if Moses and Elijah are in heaven? Were their bodies, Jesus included, taken up into heaven in the flesh? The bible says no flesh in heaven. If their flesh bodies were left here on earth can you imagine what would happen to them? I would hate to think about it.
The Bible says that the spirit of man returns to God and that the body of man returns to dust:

Ecclesiastes 12:7
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return to God who gave it.

So regarding you "hating to think about it", is God's hand now shortened that He could not EASILY reunite the spirit with another body, either by a gathering of the dust of the first body, or simply by fashioning another dust body "like the first"? Don't sell God that short.

Matthew 9:33
And when the devil was cast out, the dumb spoke; and the multitudes marvelled, saying, It was never so seen in Israel. Indeed not.

Mark 10:27
And Jesus looking upon them said, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

So God could have simply reunited the spirits of Moses and of Elijah with either their own former dust or with some new dust.

love, Eden

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is My Son in whom I am well pleased... Said The Father [Big Grin]

--------------------

Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Revelation 11

3And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

4These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

Hebrews 9:27) And as it is appointed unto men once to die , but after this the judgment

Deuteronomy 34:5) So Moses the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD.

Now think about it, When in the biblical history has a man died twice on earth? When has a person who was dead and gone to heaven, and then came back? Look at the scripture closely "And as it is appointed unto men once to die". Thus the conclusion is that Moses, seeing that he died once and went to heaven cannot be one of the two witnesses, John 10:35) "the scripture cannot be broken"

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

EDEN...Subject: This is My Son

I think there are limits to what we can understand or need to understand. As babes in Christ it's like "what's that?", "why", "etc"
Of course we need to study and ask questions but more important is what we need to know.

Most important is in your subject: This is my Son.

Satan has been working on the scriptures a little longer than we have. He is well aware of anything in the Word that can raise doubt or question. That is his specialty. The Holy Spirit will help us out if we will let Him.

Is it important to know if Moses and Elijah are in heaven? Were their bodies, Jesus included, taken up into heaven in the flesh? The bible says no flesh in heaven. If their flesh bodies were left here on earth can you imagine what would happen to them? I would hate to think about it. When man was created we were made in His physical likeness but God says we do not know what He looks like. What if we knew just what God looks like? Imagine that? What would man do about that? So, we just make up an image of Him and Jesus. It's all about Him.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

DON'T make me get outta bed again!!!!....

This is my Son, in whom I am well pleased, listen to Him.

There.

I can go 2 bed now.

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

allayouall be the topic too, as sons and daughters of God and as brothers and sisters of Jesus. allayouall (thank God, I thought she'd never go to bed...only kidding)

love, nedE

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

quote:
Originally posted by bluefrog:
You are letting him off too easy.

Why are you keeping me up so late ?

You're up of your own doing just like me rivit.

And yeah, you are right I let him off too easy-- Eden, Jesus is suppose to be the MAIN topic! REPENT! [Big Grin]
There. I did it.
got2go2bed now [zzzzzz]

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

I think that is one of the beauties of starting a Topic, the Topic may stall and then it may also spark a sidebar question which gives the Topic new life again, albeit perhaps on a new Topic. But, were it not for the posting of the original Topic, that sidebar question would never have been generated. So sometimes when a Topic stalls, it can get new life with a sidebar, and who knows, a stickler like bluefrog may bring it back onto This is My Son! again. It's all good. I learn from all of it, as much from the onTopic and offTopic stuff, as long as it's Bible, I'm game.

love, Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

You are letting him off too easy.

Why are you keeping me up so late ?

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

sorry Eden-- I just thought it distracted from the title- You know me and my tail feathers getting in a bunch if I feel something is threatening Jesus' glory! - I guess we are all guilty of strayin from the subject!
peace [Smile]

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

Eden is always doin that. His mind gets goin and questions come up and here we go......it's fun though. Keeps us on our toes.

Most studies I have made on Moses and Elijah and the two witnesses are the same.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

So does the fact that Moses and Elijah appeared with Jesus on the mount mean that Moses and Elijah are ALREADY alive with Jesus in heaven, or did Jesus go get them from "the bosom of Abraham", considering this scripture?

1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first.

Or did Jesus take "captivity captive" after His resurrection and He carried with them those who would be saved from the "bosom of Abraham" to be already "walking and talking with Him", and was that the case with Moses and Elijah?

They can't be "dead in Christ", can they, since they were Old Testament figures? Although of course they, like Abraham, can have looked forward to Christ by faith just as we look backward to Christ by the same faith, but would they be considered to be the "dead in Christ" who apparently don't rise until the rapture occurs?

love, Eden

What does that have to do with this post?
You can answer those questions as well as me. [Smile]

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

So does the fact that Moses and Elijah appeared with Jesus on the mount mean that Moses and Elijah are ALREADY alive with Jesus in heaven, or did Jesus go get them from "the bosom of Abraham", considering this scripture?

1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first.

Or did Jesus take "captivity captive" after His resurrection and He carried with them those who would be saved from the "bosom of Abraham" to be already "walking and talking with Him", and was that the case with Moses and Elijah?

They can't be "dead in Christ", can they, since they were Old Testament figures? Although of course they, like Abraham, can have looked forward to Christ by faith just as we look backward to Christ by the same faith, but would they be considered to be the "dead in Christ" who apparently don't rise until the rapture occurs?

love, Eden

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

You are so right about furthering or pushing the conversation. They close up their hearts and at that point- the door is shut.

The heart of a child is so eager and willing to receive the gospel. I believe that is one of the most important ministries of today. The ground of their little hearts is ready for those seeds.

Sin abounds in this day and age and love has grown cold. There are those out there who need to be ministered to-- I just pray that I can be there to offer Jesus when the opportunity arises.

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

Where or What would we be without the Son Jesus?

I was talking to a young man who said he believed in God, reincarnation, budda, Mohamad, and other various religions but he pretty much had taken from each to form his own religion.

One of the things he said, and there were many that were hard to listen to, was that the crucifiction was no big deal. He said that after His little stay and then the cross, in a flash He was back in heaven...Big deal!

Others have voiced their concern that God would let all the bad and crazy stuff go on without stepping in and stopping it. And of course, the favorite complaint that if we don't step to the beat of God's drum He sends us to hell.

I found that many of them had spent a good deal of time in the bible and using scripture against it. There are people who publish or furnish on web sites, scripture out of context against Christianity claiming that we are ignorant easy prey to a popular novel called the bible. Most of these are usually educated and brag about it.
My secret advantage with them is to let them rave on. I have made my introduction and kept my cool but now I smile and depart. That is my job and it is a simple one, it just needs done.
From there on, hehehe, the Holy Spirit steps in.

If you argue with them, loose your cool, make threats, start pounding scripture, talk the talk they don't understand you are just makeing it harder on the Holy Spirit. If He can't get the job done, no one will. We, you and I, can not save anyone.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

The Transfiguration
 2After six days Jesus took Peter, James and John with him and led them up a high mountain, where they were all alone. There he was transfigured before them. 3His clothes became dazzling white, whiter than anyone in the world could bleach them. 4And there appeared before them Elijah and Moses, who were talking with Jesus.
 5Peter said to Jesus, "Rabbi, it is good for us to be here. Let us put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah." 6(He did not know what to say, they were so frightened.)
 7Then a cloud appeared and enveloped them, and a voice came from the cloud: "This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!"

I can't help but wish that I could have been present to witness this scene-- like so many others in the bible, this one sparks a lot of interest .

The transfiguration only included 3 disciples, high on a mountain-top where they could be all alone. Jesus is transformed right in front of their very eyes-- in clothes as white as snow. Can you imagine being Peter, James or John at that moment?

Peter says “Rabbi, it is good for us to be here-- Amen it would have been good! Is it any wonder that Peter pipes up later in scripture answering Jesus' question: “who do YOU say that I am”???—Peter says “YOU are The Christ-- The Son of The Living God!” Jesus then said “Blessed you are Simon Peter for My Father has revealed this to you-- Not man” Blessed is Right!!!! How could we know just who Jesus is unless He is revealed? Unless our eyes are opened?

Moses and Elijah appear there on the scene and are talking with Jesus when Peter pipes up and says to Jesus "Rabbi, it is good for us to be here. Let us put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah." Father God then envelops them and seems to point out with very few words-- This IS My Son-- Here you see Moses and Elijah-- Moses gave the law, Elijah preformed miracles BUT, THIS, THIS is MY SON! He IS The One I am pleased with, HE IS the One I love – HE IS The One to be listened To!

"This is my Son, In whom I am well pleased, Listen to Him!"

What a beautiful thing to me.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement