Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » THE TRUE BIBLE CHURCH

Author Topic: THE TRUE BIBLE CHURCH
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember when I first learned to swim. The lady who was my cub scout mom took all of us brats to a pool and the instructor made swimming look easy. We all jumped in the water and came up coughing, gaggin, and though we were gonna die.

Everyone else in the pool was swimming, it was hot, the water was cool and pretty. Our cub mom was behind us and we wanted to do well for her. You might say we wanted all this and were baptised.

That was when we got serious. We learned to dog paddle, float, side stroke, spit water at each other, do cannon balls, and the more we learned the happier we became.

My cub scout mom wanted us to learn to swim so later we wouldn't drown. God Bless Mrs Bettes.

About the true bible church..it doesn't call the building we meet in a church. Like you say above, the church is the members and Jesus is the head, not the pastor. Each member is given a spiritual gift to make the body function properly. Making a study of those gifts is a very interesting thing to do. Isn't that somethin...Jesus was preparing us all along to do what he had planned all along and the bible says so.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean a personal experience with Jesus right?

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cornelius Stam wrote, as posted by WildB
quote:
Many people have truly come to know Christ as Savior after having been sincere, religious "church members" for years. Though faithful supporters of some earthly church organization they had never experienced the truth of II Cor. 5:17: "If any man be in Christ he is a new creation."
I think it is more likely that they had never experienced "seeing themselves as sinners". I think someone could go to church, especially in the Catholic church but also in the Protestant church, who was BORN into a family that "went to church", and so they also mechanically went to church", but THEY NEVER HAD A PERSONAL EXPERIENCE OF THEIR OWN SINFULNESS before a righteous God, and thus they were NOT REALLY SAVED YET.

I think that is much more likely than that they had NOT YET experienced the truth of II Cor. 5:17: "If any man be in Christ he is a new creation."

They have to see themselves as a SINNER first before they could ever see themselves as a NEW CREATION, I think.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by Cornelius R. Stam

Many people have truly come to know Christ as Savior after having been sincere, religious "church members" for years. Though faithful supporters of some earthly church organization they had never experienced the truth of II Cor. 5:17: "If any man be in Christ he is a new creation." It is possible to be a member in good standing of some church organization, yet be outside of the one true Church of which the Bible speaks.

This is because the true Bible Church is not an organization but a living organism, a spiritual body, with a living Head and living members. Again and again St. Paul, by divine inspiration, calls the Church, the Body of Christ. He says: "We being many, are one Body in Christ..." (Rom. 12:5). "Ye are the Body of Christ, and members in particular" (I Cor. 12:27). "We are members of His Body" (Eph. 5:30).

How do we become members of this true Bible Church, the Body of Christ? First, we must acknowledge ourselves to be sinners in God's sight, for Ephesians 2 relates how Christ died for sinful men that He might "reconcile" them to God "in one Body" by the cross (Ver. 16). Thus, when believing sinners are reconciled to God by faith in Christ, they are regenerated, given a new life, by the Spirit, and by the Spirit are baptized into the Church, the Body of Christ.

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Spirit" (Titus 3:5).

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body" (I Cor. 12:13).

Every one of us should ask himself: "Have I been baptized by the Spirit into the Body of Christ?" If not, trust Christ as your Savior and become a member of the one true Bible Church. Then associate yourself with some local assembly where Christ is honored and the Bible taught, "rightly divided."

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement