Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Spirit of the Past

Author Topic: The Spirit of the Past
The Beauty of Holiness777
Advanced Member
Member # 7380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Beauty of Holiness777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WoW! Strange replies on this post but at least everyone is on good terms! [thumbsup2]

--------------------
In God I'am Complete.
I am a "Spiritual Being" living in a physical body.
{Prayer - a force that reaches people and places when we can't}

Posts: 192 | From: God's Universe | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bluefrog:
COPPER25...Thanks for saying so.

Maybe a bad time to bring this up but did you know that your scripts are sometimes tough to read? I have the mentality of a rock and it is hard enough to grasp with bad eye surgery and a constant headache. Problem is though, you have good stuff to offer but it can be misunderstood or not understood sometimes. FYI

For example just go back to your last script.

The thing is I am lead by the Spirit to write what I write so can I take away or add, except it be acceptable in God's sight, Nay, but just point out the parts that you want me to explain and let it biuld from there. Take your time reading it to put it together. Sometimes it takes me a minute or two to find out why I was led to put what I was led to put, but it always tends to harmonize and fit after it is composed.

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
COPPER25...Thanks for saying so.

Maybe a bad time to bring this up but did you know that your scripts are sometimes tough to read? I have the mentality of a rock and it is hard enough to grasp with bad eye surgery and a constant headache. Problem is though, you have good stuff to offer but it can be misunderstood or not understood sometimes. FYI

For example just go back to your last script.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bluefrog, O a since of humor is not a bad thing at all. I guess I instinctively get excited on the truth am I am use to the contend factor at times, my bad.

[hyper]

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glory belongs to Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last time I looked my front yard was clean! Saved by Grace.

Selah. [hug]

--------------------
If you ever get so hungry for God that you are in pursuit of Him, He will do things for you that He won't do for anybody else.

Posts: 112 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Glory belongs to Him wrote
quote:
No Eden the the big heap was on your front yard all along I quess it started piling up the day you said you were a CHRISTIAN!
Exactly. That was the day I first became aware of it. And when did you first notice yours?

"And in the same hour..."

love, Eden
LOL

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turns out the English word "virtue" occurs only 7 times in the KJV but that there are two Greek words that are translated "virtue":

virtue 1411

Luk 8:46 And 1161 Jesus 2424 said 2036 , Somebody 5100 hath touched 680 me 3450: for 1063 I 1473 perceive 1097 that virtue 1411 is gone 1831 out of 575 me 1700.

virtue 703

2Pe 1:5 And 2532 1161 beside 846 this 5124, giving 3923 all 3956 diligence 4710, add 2023 to 1722 your 5216 faith 4102 virtue 703; and 1161 to 1722 virtue 703 knowledge 1108;

Strong's Concordance

virtue 1411
1411 dunamis; force (literally or figuratively); specially, miraculous power (usually by implication, a miracle itself):--ability, abundance, meaning, might(-ily, -y, -y deed), (worker of) miracle(-s), power, strength, violence, mighty (wonderful) work.

If you know anything about the Greek, you know that the word dunamis is also translated by many other English words, like "power" and "ability", "virtue", "mighty", "miracles", and "strength". But only a couple of times as "virtue", as in "virtue went out of Him".

virtue 703
703, arete; properly, manliness (valor), i.e. excellence (intrinsic or attributed):--praise, virtue.

703 arete occurs only 5 times in the New Testament and is translated 4 times "virtue" and translated once "praises", in the KJV.

So not much virtue, and much dunamis yes, but little arete, if you know what I mean.

love, Eden

Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glory belongs to Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK bluefrog "The Spirit of the Past" has ended. [zzzzzz] [zzzzzz] [Smile]

--------------------
If you ever get so hungry for God that you are in pursuit of Him, He will do things for you that He won't do for anybody else.

Posts: 112 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

No Eden the the big heap was on your front yard all along I quess it started piling up the day you said you were a CHRISTIAN! [happyhappy] [happyhappy] [pound] [roll on floor] [youpi]

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

EDEN...That was funny...LOL and I'm too tired to laugh.

riv [zzzzzz]

Eden
unregistered

bluefrog wrote
quote:
Don't ya suppose that it depends on which bible you are talking about?
I be talking about the ENGLISH K...J...V. I don't know abou the ENGLISH N...I...V, or abou the ENGLISH American Standard Bible. To solve all that, I'd have to look what the underlying Greek word is to see if it is also translated by ANOTHER English word, and may I will do that.

BTW, bluefrog, the search is not done in this case in a Concordance, but in an electronic Bible from www.biblesearch.com.

love, Eden

Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

bluefrog I was just about to answer with almost the same answer! [thumbsup2]

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Glory belongs to Him brought a backhoe and unloaded a big heap on my front yard. I then divided it up into small piles and sent a little pile to each one of you. [happyhappy]

But like Joseph sending extra messes to his full brother Benjamin, I did send some extra messes to Michael Harrison.

love, Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

Don't ya suppose that it depends on which bible you are talking about ? Your concordance doesn't tell all. Seven is the perfect number.
That's my middle name, Bluefrog 7 Rivit

Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

Watch it about the women stuff now touchy, touchy! [Smile]

Come on now, think back bluefrog my brother I have gotten on Eden for picking on you to.

See I have no respect of persons [pound] and my love stays the same. [hug]

Who threw this topic off anyway [Confused]

Oh yea I remember now, Eden, bluefrog, found in Him and I. I am true to my word I have no respect of persons. [pound] [roll on floor] even when it comes down to me. [wiggle7]

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Glory belongs to Him wrote
quote:
The word virtue shows up in scripture a lot.
Actually, that is not true. A search for the word "virtue" shows that the word only occurs 7 TIMES in the entire Bible.

love, Eden

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's hopin

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

There I was razzin Eden for pickin on GloryBeToHim and I get told off by her. That's a woman for ya. hehehe Oh well, I'll get over it.

Did "The Spirit of the Past" end yet ?

Eden
unregistered

bluefrog wrote
quote:
Look, if you and GLORY BELONGS TO HIM don't like it and care to criticize me any more, don't bother, just ask me to leave and I will.
We're all individuals and come from different backgrounds and have our own funnin' habits and whatever interests us most.

As far as I am concerned, bluefrog, you are MORE than welcome to participate on this board, rivit, or not. Just be whoever you want to be, it's fine with me.

However, I suppose that we are responsible for our doctrine sides of our posting, so I do draw the line, with any member, that if they post something that I think does not line up with the Bible, I'm likely to bring that up.

For instance, Michael Harrison is just as welcome to participate on this board, eventhough he makes me gnash my teeth, uhh, often. [Big Grin]

But to me, the more the merrier. I wish we had a LOT MORE chatterbox Christians on here. It has always amazed me how few actually participate.

love, Eden
"all aboard!"

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess you all should be gettin on me too huh Eden? I guess the big ugly turkey joke was not so funny [Confused]
Well, I figured it was a good opportunity to get cha back for the ape ordeal. oops!
All in fun

Let's all hug and be friends?

Hey, Jesus is comin soon!-- no time to fuss now!

peace
[Smile]

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

bluefrog wrote to Found in Him
quote:
Have you met Michael?
Not THERE is a man with a sense of HUMOR. [Big Grin]

love, Eden

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

I personally have never seen you get outta line. Your joyfulness and kidding makes me laugh out loud at times. My Daughter and Granddaughter spent the weekend with me this past weekend and there were times that I would laugh out loud at things you had said as I would check in and read the latest-- my Daughter would come running and ask what the fuss was about while I was laughin and holdin my belly. Through that she was reading different things that were being ministered on the board-- things that she asked questions about and made her think. So-- God uses ALL things for good brother! That joy that you have is a blessing! It's not rude or cutting.

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

Thanks.

I didn't intend to give you the impression that I was a chicken soldier or sumpthun like that.

I was just saying that if my clownin around bothered you, just tell me and I will leave.
I have no desire to be a pest or disrespectful.

Most things I have become involved in at church I had to bring to life. Sunday School...Boring!
Committee Meetings...Boring, etc Civic Clubs and Government Chair Positions...boring but not for long. That proves to me that happiness can make things gooder.

Well, anyway, I'm sorry if I got out of line.

Hugs

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

quote:
Originally posted by Glory belongs to Him:
Yea, yea, yea, I know Eden can strike a lot of nerves on this board. But I don't think he would be Eden if he didn't would you?

And my friends, I don't think bluefrog would be bluefrog unless he could be his joyful self. Ya know, let's just stop ok? Not all folks are made up the same way. That's what's great about the human race. Bluefrog-- you are needed here. You have good balanced wisdom that you minister in humility. That is rare. The loss of you on the board would be a loss to all.

--------------------

Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

Just my point bluefrog I know you love the Lord. I too love to have a good laugh God made laughter. But I also found out sometimes that good laugh comes at the expense of hurting someonelse's feelings, not meaning too a lot of times but it happens. And that's not Christ-like.

Yea, yea, yea, I know Eden can strike a lot of nerves on this board. But I don't think he would be Eden if he didn't would you?

Anywayssssss I didn't post that reply to offend you. That particular verse in Matthew is one that was talked about in church a while back, and it's one that should keep us all in rememberance. Simply because two words in that verse says "every word."

Oh yes, [Frown] God has no chicken soldiers in His Arm Forces so leaving should never be an option.

So you might as well stand your ground and be tough with the rest of us bible lawyers! [pound] [hug] Oh yea I remember that one! [cool_shades]

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

We all have our own way of communicating. Some enjoy doing what they do and some feel compelled to do what they do.

If a person on this board chooses to be serious, which I believe we all do, I see no harm in being friendly with one another. It has been obvious that others don't feel that way.

Too often, in my opinion, when an issue is brought up the first thing that usually happens is responses about hell and damnation if we don't abide or stand fast and how many don't do what they should do.

For cryin out loud my friend, where is the glory and praise in that kind of attitude ? Well, it is in my nature to be friendly and kid around.
Look, if you and GLORY BELONGS TO HIM don't like it and care to criticize me any more, don't bother, just ask me to leave and I will.

I love Jesus to pieces but if you, Michael and Glory....feel that I am wasting you time and am not glorifying Him I certainly am not going to force myself on you. rivit

Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

quote:
Originally posted by bluefrog:
GLORY BELONGS TO HIM....If our having a little fun on this board offends you, I am sorry because I am the one who usually stirs things up. If it is because I am a man, I can't help that. The other ladies on here have not been offended but I am sorry if you are.

If God did not have a sence of humor I think He would have closed down shop long ago.

Have you met Michael ?

IT is out of the mercy of the Lord we are saved, humor, I think not. God has not said a single joke nor crack in the bible. It is all serious, as serious as our faith!

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

GLORY BELONGS TO HIM....If our having a little fun on this board offends you, I am sorry because I am the one who usually stirs things up. If it is because I am a man, I can't help that. The other ladies on here have not been offended but I am sorry if you are.

If God did not have a sence of humor I think He would have closed down shop long ago.

Have you met Michael ?

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

God has a great sense of humor though guys.... come on... ever seen a Basilisk lizard? Those are the funniest looking critters ever! Now tell me that God doesn't have some fun!

--------------------

Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

Yeshua (God) said;
But I say unto you, that every idle (careless) word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. (Matthew 12:36).

Every day we are confronted or presented with choices that can lead us in "The Way" or the "broad way" of self destruction every idle word we speak, and every thought we entertain. So as christians who has the mind of Christ Jesus we are to occupy our time and thoughts with profound importance. (Even with the words we say.) Because some of the little things we think are nothing, will be some of the major things that we keep us from receiving eternity.

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

but the panel turned into a big ugly turkey though! [pound]

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

When this panel started I thought it was going to be about God saying that He knew us before the beginning.
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
rivet tweet tweet

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

[pound] Very Funny.

See, you are in good company: 2 tough old birds, and a frog, you turkey.

Eden
unregistered

bluefrog said to Eden,"EDEN,,,you just had to say that didn't ya. hahaha You turkey."

-

Is that in the Bible, bluefrog? Is that similar to, "You fool"? [Confused]

Matthew 5:22 (modified)
But I say to you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment; and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, You turkey, shall be in danger of hell fire.

love, Eden

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

[roll on floor] [pound]

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

EDEN,,,you just had to say that didn't ya. hahaha You turkey.

Did ya know Linkolns Birfday is comin up on the twelfth?

Eden
unregistered

Amen, be blessed sister.

Eden

Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

Thanks Eden. [Smile] [thumbsup2]

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

dear sister, don't you mean "the Spirit of the Past" instead of "the Spirit of the Pass"?

love, Eden

Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

The Spirit of the Past

Brethern I count not myself to have apprehended; but this one thing I do forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.Phil. 3:13-14

The acheivement of this mark of perfect love is to be an attainment of the mind, of the will not of the flesh but of God. We die daily in the renewing of the mind for we are constantly at war against the flesh. The mark of the prize is a higher attainment in love a love that reaches beyond the break.

This love makes us love our enemies inspite of, and far beyond this it signifies the full purging out of angry, malice, hatred, envy, strife, not only in actions but in words and thoughts. So many times christians live their lives in past experiences; not realizing they will never live a fulfilling and blessed future until they release the spirit of the pass.

It's only until they release bad pass experiences will they finally start reaching toward the mark of the high calling. It's only when they start to really renewing the mind can the spirit of pass hurts, pains, and unforgiveness be totally released. The mind holds and captures and if not renewed it eventually destroys but God can give and has given us power to escape this destruction.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think of these things.

The word virtue shows up in scripture a lot. The definition of virtue is the exercising of spiritual excellence and moral goodness. Pressing toward the mark takes virtue.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement