Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Two kinds of Christians!

Author Topic: Two kinds of Christians!
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To my darlin friends...Thank You. [Kiss]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's right where would we be without that bluefrog jokin all over the board? God knows we all need a good laugh every now and then.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bluefrog,
You are crackin' me up lol. I needed a laugh. My heart has been heavy lately.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

EDEN...If you are doin the cookin be careful if haven't fried frog legs before. Sometimes they jump out of the skillet. Well, so much for that.
I have been repremanded for clownin around here.

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in reality, there is only on type on Christian...
he or she as the gender may be; is as the name implies ... Christ like.... I'm not talking about Yahshua's perfection, because none of the human race have that quality as of yet, as believers, in this temple of clay we only have positional perfection in Christ.

But what make a true Christian recognizable to others are Yahshua's qualities shine forth from their action....

the greatest of these qualities to me, is the quality of love for others, to share other hurts, disappointments and losses and in these times give comfort, encouragement and healing.

knowledge of the scripture is useless without the demonstration of love....

if my word here on this board have ever came across seemingly without love....first may Yahweh forgive me, secondly may all the brothers and sisters on the board forgive me ...

may each one who names the name of Christ not think to highly of ourselves and remember these word from scripture...

James 4:6, "Yahweh resists the proud, but gives grace unto the humble."

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bluefrog wrote
quote:
Some say There are Two Kinds of Christians:

1. A person who has cast off their past by repenting of their sins and asking to be forgiven of them. They have asked to be a member of the family of God through the blood of Jesus Christ and been accepted.

2. There ain't none.

Exactly. Oh, BTW, I'm having froglegs and potato chips tonight. Be careful! You're in great demand.

love, Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

Thanks Copper. I am going to take a break now and be a potato. [zzzzzz]
Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bluefrog:

1. A person who has cast off their past by repenting of their sins and asking to be forgiven of them. They have asked to be a member of the family of God through the blood of Jesus Christ and been accepted.

2. There ain't none.

Your right, think about it

John 3:36) He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Think about the first part of this verse. Many claim and confess Christian, but try it by these verses

Galatians 5:24) And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

therefore anyone that has not crucified the works and lust of the flesh does not hath eternal life because they are not Christ‘.

And furthermore

Romans 8:9) But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

therefore they that abide in the fleshy works and deeds as we see do not have the Spirit of God because "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life" and are not children of the flesh but children of the Spirit, and they that live in the flesh do not have eternal life as it is written Romans 8:13)"if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die", thus concluding that all they that are in the flesh do not believe on him because "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life"

People can say as they will but the scripture still stands as the two edged sword Hebrews 4:12) "piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." and how much more through falsehood and lies? So therefore our final conclusion

They that are in the flesh do not have eternal life, nor God's Spirit that seals us till the day of redemption

And

They that are of the Spirit, born again, have eternal life therefore they are the one's that believe on him according to verse John 3:36

Flesh = wrath

Spirit = peace, love, and eternal life

They with the Spirit believe

and

They without the Spirit don't believe

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

2. There ain't none.

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There are many different personalities as we are not robots but individuals-- Jesus "corrects" HIS SHEEP through conviction of His Spirit and NOT BY THE OPINIONS of MAN!

Though Jesus worked miracles before their face, they could not see or hear Jesus because they were haughty in their heart. So though HE were speaking, they could not receive understanding for their accusing. That is the opposite of humility which Jesus preached, and without which no man will enter the narrow gate of the entrance to the Kingdom of Heaven.
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I face enough of this kind of mess when I walk out my front door-- I won't put up with it at all where I fellowship"
Found

So when you show up somewhere you simply are at liberty in carrying your weight to 'bump' whomsoever you will out of 'your' way? Is that not a symptom, evidence of something raw(ng). I ask this in a loving and concerned way, how do your children perceive you? Jesus cannot minister to them if you carry error in your person, with regard to HIS way. Are you willing to accept the consequenses?

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Eden, your balk was entirely predictable.

1Co 9:3 Mine answer to them that do examine me is this,

And he said essentially, why do you think to limit me?

Mar 12:24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

One is always advised not to accuse another of pride, when he should be examining himself first.

1Co 4:7 And who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

[I]So, as per the verse above, from where cometh the pride of which I am accused if I have not accomplished that of which I speak by self-will, self-determination, or effort, or even ‘devotion’? How then do ye accuse? Then should I be able to glory as though I did it. Then would I be boasting.

But one cannot even direct another’s attention to the reading of the scriptures the way they are written without pious dissention and accusation. Neither will they read the writer according to his words, but imagine to themselves what they think he said.

Heb 3:10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

Luk 7:31 And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?
Luk 7:32 They are like unto children sitting in the marketplace, and calling one to another, and saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned to you, and ye have not wept.

Was Jesus supposed to do ‘their’ bidding, or they, HIS?

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well,

There are those who say they are Christians and are not.

They are not Christians then are they?

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there are two types of Christians

1st type... those who believe in Jesus Christ and have submitted themselves to His will;

2nd type... those who believe in Jesus Christ and have not submitted themselves to His will;

the first type are the real deal...

the second type may also be refereed to as hypocrites, lukewarm or those to whom Yahshua told depart from me you lawless ones on judgment day...

ROMANS 8:9
Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His. ...

and the Spirit of Christ is to do the will of the Father!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Michael Harrison wrote
quote:
Eden, when will you ever learn? Never? Don't tell this to me. Tell it to Jesus. He is whom you must please. And you have said upfront and unmistakably, that you do not seek to please Him. Of course you'll balk at that assertion. But you have accomplished this by saying that you 'cannot' please Him.
Yes, let me balk at that. I have NEVER said that I do not intend to please the Lord.

I have asserted that I, as a sinner born with an inherited sin nature in my members, I WILL SIN, especially when I consider what Jesus said in the Sermon on the Mount. ONLY JESUS has ever lived the life that He himself delineated in the Sermon on the Mount.

So I do want to pleas the Lord, but I find in my members a law of sin which is NOT pleasing the Lord, and for those sins Jesus died:

Romans 7:23
But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Even the great Paul could not overcome the law of sin that he had inherited from his forefathers Adam and Eve. Only Jesus, as the second Adam and as the last Adam, was able to please God 100% of the time:

2 Peter 1:17
For He received from God the Father honor and glory when there came such a voice to Him from the excellent glory, saying, This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Or are you saying, Michael Harrison, that you also have received from God this honor and glory which, to My knowledge at least, was ONLY extended to Jesus of Nazareth?

You further said to Eden
quote:
Therefore in your estimation it is 'ok' not to please Him.
What makes you think that I don't want to please Him? I want to please God to 100% of my best effort, yes, but I also know that 100% of my best effort is NOT good enough to 100% please God all the time, because I am descended from the sinful line of Adam and Eve.

But Jesus was NOT descended from that sinful line of Adam and Eve, Jesus was INJECTED into the human chain of life by Mary being overshadowed by the Holy Spirit, so that Jesus of Nazareth said,

John 8:23
And He said to them, You are from beneath; I am from above: you are of this world; I am not of this world.

John 3:31
He who comes from above is above all: he who is of the earth is earthly and speaks of the earth: But He who comes from heaven is above all.

So, Michael Harrison, you finished by saying to Eden
quote:
And that is your take on the Word of God. So I ask, is HE satisfied with less than 100%? If you tell Him you are not going to give Him 100%, do you suppose HE will just 'take it?'
I do give God 100% of my best effort, with the help of the Holy Spirit which is now in me by the grace of God, so I do try to be nice, but even 100% of first Adamic human effort falls far short of the glory of God:

Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

But the beauty is, that God commends HIS love toward us while we were yet sinners and has set forth Jesus to be our propitiation and our covering for sin:

Romans 4:7
Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

Romans 5:2
By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

John 3:2
Beloved, we are now the sons of God, but it does not yet appear what we shall be; but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.

So until we SEE Him, we shall NOT be like Him, no matter how much we TRY in this Adamic sin body. It does NOT YET APPEAR WHAT WE SHALL BE.

If, therefore, we are not yet like Him, how then can we please God 100% of the time? We cannot. And if we COULD, there would have been NO NEED for Jesus to suffer and die on the cross for us:

1 John 4:10
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

If I have faith in God that Jesus is really my propitiation or my mercy seat covering my sins, then God is pleased with me:

Romans 5
8 But God commends His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

9 Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.

10 For if, when we were yet enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son, much more, being now reconciled, shall we be saved by His life.

God is very pleased that I am reconciled with Him, lest His Son had died in vain:

Luke 15:10
Likewise, I say to you, that there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.

So don't say that I am not pleasing to God. Only the blood of Jesus on me covering my sins can please God.

Does that mean that I can therefore "go ahead and sin", as you suggest I will do? Why would I behave more badly than before now that the Holy Spirit is guiding my steps?

It is wicked to allege that a Christian becomes WORSE after they are given the Holy Spirit to help and counsel and comfort them.

It is absolute NONSENSE to allege that a Christian, as a rule, is going to become WORSE than he was BEFORE he became a Christian, because the Holy Spirit is a Gentleman.

Or, perhaps you don't know what kind of spirit you are, Michael Harrison?

Luke 9:55
But He turned and rebuked them and said, You don't know what kind of spirit you are of.

love, Eden

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Thanks Betty. You have just the two kids?

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeanie,
Happy to pray for your family and appreciate your prayers for mine.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
Found In Him,

I love you too. [hug] I believe God has brought this group together at this time for a reason. We can come here and get recharged after dealing with the things of this world. Even in our own families, we often do not find the encouragement we need. In my family, my daughter does not believe in the rapture nor does she want to talk about prophecy. My son believe we are in the last days but he too does not like to talk about it.
Here we can be ourselves and find comfort from one another.
betty

Hi Betty-- I didn't see this message from earlier today. You're right about the encouragement... it's needed and hard to find isn't it? I hear you about your son and daughter. I've got 4 Betty that need turn to The Lord. I will pray for yours-- please pray for mine?

Please e-mail me if you want to talk without interference or just wanna pray?

I love you bunches--

jeannie

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

I face enough of this kind of mess when I walk out my front door-- I won't put up with it at all where I fellowship.

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

Perhaps we should all leave this board so he can minister to himself and be comfortable. eht daehnip backwards.
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem with the person we are talking about is that he considers himself a Superior if not the only Christian. None of us have been found in a fault that needs to be corrected. It is a case of pride that this person puts himself out there as the only one worthy of salvation.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Galatians 6:1) Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

is it wrong to point out a fault or error of someone if it be to their benefit? If it could save their soul and get them out of a snare, I think not. As long as it is handled in the proper way and not to the purpose of beating a fellow Christian down over it. This is the difference. Accusing someone will not benefit.

But when we do bring about correction to the persons edification, not to beat them down, degrade, or to maliciously accuse them, then is it with the right handling.

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

1 Samuel 2:3 Talk no more so exceeding proudly; Let not arrogancy come out of your mouth; For the Lord is a GOD of knowledge, And by Him actions are weighed.

Psalms 3:18 Let the lying lips be put to silence; Which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.

Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the Lord is to hate evil; Pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, And the froward (perverse) mouth, do I hate.

Proverbs 11:2 When pride cometh, then cometh shame; But with the lowly is wisdom.

Proverbs 13:10 Only by pride cometh contention; But with the well advised is wisdom.

Proverbs 14:3 In the mouth of the foolish is a rod of pride; But the lips of the wise shall preserve them.

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction. And an haughty spirit before a fall.

(Now why do you suppose I am hung up on pride here?)

Proverbs 29:23 A man's pride shall bring him low; But honour shall uphold the humble in spirit. (Humble in spirit ?..my my )

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Found In Him,

I love you too. [hug] I believe God has brought this group together at this time for a reason. We can come here and get recharged after dealing with the things of this world. Even in our own families, we often do not find the encouragement we need. In my family, my daughter does not believe in the rapture nor does she want to talk about prophecy. My son believe we are in the last days but he too does not like to talk about it.
Here we can be ourselves and find comfort from one another.
betty

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Thank you Sis Betty,

What you have said is more than enough for me. You are so right about needing one another and praying for one another.

I too believe that persecution will arise soon in our midst-- We need the strength of each other through words of encouragement and love. That builds up-- harshness tears down.

Love takes courage. You are a good example of courage to me today Betty-- and I do love you for it!

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Rom 14:2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

Rom 14:3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
--------------

Christians are people with weakness, all of us have our weakness. We are to love each other through our weaknesses. If someone does not eat meat because they feel it is a sin for them, we are to love them and not think we are superior then them because we can eat meat. We are all at different stages in our Christian walk. At 17, I was at a different Christian then I am at 56. Hard knocks and trials and tribulation have helped me grow stronger in the Lord, but this does not give me license to look down on another Christian who may be at a different stage in their Christian walk.
Being a Christian bears a responsibility of loving each other and encouraging each other.
We are living in perilous times. We need each other. We need to be here for each other. We live in a time, where things will get worse. Unless the rapture happens soon, we will in America face tribulation for our faith. If we do not come together as a family, we will be facing hard times alone.
Let us set aside pity differences and begin to love each other and pray for one another.
betty

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Be encouraged sisters and brothers in The Lord-- Jesus does not condemn you and DON'T listen to any accusations.

There are many different personalities as we are not robots but individuals-- Jesus "corrects" HIS SHEEP through conviction of His Spirit and NOT BY THE OPINIONS of MAN!

Assumptions and fault-finding are the devils playground.

There IS ONE KIND of christian...
Those who WORK OUT THEIR OWN SALVATION WITH FEAR AND TREMBLING!

THAT'S RIGHT--- WHO WORK OUT THEIR OWN!

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

eden, when will you ever learn? Never? Don't tell this to me. Tell it to Jesus. He is whom you must please. And you have said up front and unmistakably, that you do not seek to please Him. Of course you'll balk at that assertion. But you have accomplished this by saying that you 'cannot' please Him. Therefore in your estimation it is 'ok' not to please Him. And that is your take on the Word of God. So I ask, is HE satisfied with less than 100%? If you tell Him you are not going to give Him 100%, do you suppose HE will just 'take it?'

But what I read says differently. The very reason HE 'died' such a horrible death on the Cross, was to reconcile us to the Father, 100%. That means that the 'reason' HE died was so that we could 'PLEASE' the Father. The reason HE died was to "enable" us to please the Father as HE pleased the Father. That means, so that we may "be in His will." And if we are not in HIS will, we are in sin. "And that means that we are 'not' submissive." Tell it to Him. Justify yourself to Him. You do not have to do so to me. But when you teach others to do as you say, you heap judgment upon yourself.

As to your love affair with the word, 'oxymoron,' and distain for the word self-elect, there are people who "Join a church," and think they are saved. They are the self elect. They are the self elect who do not believe they must 'surrender' the surrender of faith, to please Him. Moreover I will assert that there are people who 'get' saved, and die, right there in a church. They may be found to be going through the motions, but their heart is not in it. They can know scripture, but not know the Lord.

So, Jesus said, "Be ye perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect," really meaning: Do your own thang in His name, and HE will recognize it, in His heavenly hall of fame? For Jesus died, for your alibi, (LOLOLOLOL, I cannot even finish it)). [happyhappy] ...and thas your claim to His fame.

Can one partially submit to His will and be in grace? He says that if you break one of the commandments, you are guilty of breaking them all. So on that notion, if you are out of His grace in an area, are you not out of grace overall.

Ye love dissention. That is all. Ye should love assention. "For God loveth a cheerful giver."

quote:
More oxymorons. There is no such thing as a "self-elect" Christian. Any Christian who has had a personal experience of his sinfulness before a righteous God, has also heard of the offer made by God thru Jesus, and such a Christian (you said that well) ELECTS to ACCEPT the offer that God has made.

That does not make the Christian a "self-elected" Christian, that makes the Christian a smart man or woman who recognizes a good deal when he or she sees a good deal.

And once that man or woman [is a Christian most of them, though not all, start to read the Word of God and to a greater or lesser extent are submissive to His will.

But the ONLY PERSON who has ever been 100% submissive to the will of God IS JESUS.
quote:
eden

Eden
unregistered

Michael Harrison wrote
quote:
There are two kinds of Christians: the self-elect, and the submissive to His will.
More oxymorons. There is no such thing as a "self-elect" Christian. Any Christian who has had a personal experience of his sinfulness before a righteous God, has also heard of the offer made by God thru Jesus, and such a Christian (you said that well) ELECTS to ACCEPT the offer that God has made.

That does not make the Christian a "self-elected" Christian, that makes the Christian a smart man or woman who recognizes a good deal when he or she sees a good deal.

And once that man or woman [is a Christian most of them, though not all, start to read the Word of God and to a greater or lesser extent are submissive to His will.

But the ONLY PERSON who has ever been 100% submissive to the will of God IS JESUS.

So Michael Harrison, you wrote
quote:
There are two kinds of Christians: the self-elect, and the submissive to His will.
NO ONE descended from the first Adam and Eve can be "100% submissive to His will" in this life, and there is no such thing as a Christian who is "a self-elect". ALL Christians are SELF-ELECTED Christians, that's HOW they BECAME Christians, and after that they are, more or less so, submissive to the will of God.

love, Eden
"that Christian is self-elected"

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

quote:
FOUND IN HIM...did you get my last script addressed to you ? I usually address my scripts to who I am speaking.

Doesn't seem to matter to some tho does it?-- well, that seems to be one of the problems.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

My point is for you to stop judging the people and actually get to know us.
betty

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Jesus knows the people here.

Heb 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Michael, you are the fine example of the statement that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Instead of spending all your time trying to decide who is or who is not a Christian, why not try to actually get to know the people here.
betty

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

FOUND IN HIM...did you get my last script addressed to you ? I usually address my scripts to who I am speaking.
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

So, gee, you guys, "who were not going to talk to me," took to that title rather well, as though, say, you owned it? Well it is not incumbent upon me to point out 'who' they are, but to address scripture the way it is written. As for the hearer's part:

Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

So he can choose. And I don't have anything to prove. I preach Jesus, and Him Crucified.

1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

bluefrog
unregistered

Pfffffttt.
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

quote:
FOUND IN HIM...
Is there anythang I can do to help ? If God has assigned someone to dishonor His evil elect maybe you need to go to that person and repent.
I would like to help but come to think of it I am an evil elect as well, so it is said. Maybe I can think of someone you could go to. Well, I can only think of one.

Many folks want to serve God, but only as advisors.

There is hope. God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

Please be advised that the adviser is not advised at all--

love,
ur evil twin

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

FOUND IN HIM...
Is there anythang I can do to help ? If God has assigned someone to dishonor His evil elect maybe you need to go to that person and repent.
I would like to help but come to think of it I am an evil elect as well, so it is said. Maybe I can think of someone you could go to. Well, I can only think of one.

Many folks want to serve God, but only as advisors.

There is hope. God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Gee, here I thought there was only one kind!

THE REAL DEAL.

Got Jesus?

The Lord knows WHO HIS OWN ARE.

THE LORD DOES.

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are two kinds of Christians; the self-elect, and the submissive to His will. One believes that he will be recognized for his hard work, and his attitude towards God. He feels that reading the Bible, and being (or appearing) devout, will accomplish favor with God. Therefore he will be seen for the ‘good’ person that he is.

The other kind of Christian is the one who surrenders to the will of God. He is the one who understands what it means to be under the Cross. He may still believe that he will be recognized for his hard work, and for being devout, but he is ‘set apart’ (or sanctified) by the fact that he receives of God, by way of surrender unto Him through faith. Thereby he knows what it is to be ‘dead’ that Christ might live!

One of these offers the sacrifice of Cain, and expects recognition. He will boast of his devotion. The other, while perhaps seeming to boast, or who is easily accused, will rather acknowledge his inability. This one recognizes his need for Christ. For, “”He came to seek and save the lost.” But “They that are well need not a physician,” and suppose themselves to ‘contribute’ to God, whereby they are not ashamed to speak evil of the elect, or to distain the elect’s wisdom. These have their praise of men. And that is what they seek. And men receive them.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement