Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » I call you not servants!

Author Topic: I call you not servants!
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
Gal 4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

You are no longer a servant, but a son. And since you are a son, you inherit God, being born of Him by the second birth.

People who are a law unto themselves are preaching the word. In the Old Testament these were called ‘false prophets’, and they were dealt with as examples to Israel, not to follow their example:

Heb 3:17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?

And scripture goes on to say that these very things were written for our admonishment.

Joh 10:32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
John 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

And of us, what does HE say?

• Luk 6:40 The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

He that claimeth that he ‘abideth’……..

Joh 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

The most demonic heresey in the church comes from those in the church. That is that believers who trust in His word as being true, are nothing more than impotent trash, and are deceivers if they faithfully represent the power of the Living God as being imparted to those surrender to His will. For these who find fault, it is rather what one 'does' for God in his own strength that counts, and the rest is just forgiven.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement