Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » LET IT GET YOU DOWN

Author Topic: LET IT GET YOU DOWN
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Just one more comment: If you pray to God and ask for something like healing, it seems to me that saying "if it be your will" is wrong because He has already told us that it is His will that we be healed, so this turns your comment into a question. Instead, Thank Him for healing you and expect it.

AMEN!
[thumbsup2] If He said it, He meant it and That's FINAL!-- We can Believe it and Receive it!

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phillipians 4:6-7 that you posted above in your opening sure is a mouth full.

Says Don't be Anxious. What's that ? I think it is a natural care thing that gets us out of balance physically and mentally. When that happens we make those around us out of balance. When we get out of balance (anxious) it drains our energy and we become self centered and stressful, unable to help others or not wanting to help others. A Pity Party. It hinders our service and trust in God. He said Be Anxious for Nothing.

Nothing ??? Well, He hasn't heard my case ! Who says? But then Paul tells us some details. He says to take it to God in Prayer, Supplication and Thanksgiving. Let it be known.

So, what is this Supplication thang ? Well, it is a cry of humility and dependence on God. In the light of who He is present your burden. At least enough to say the basics, He knows the rest. Something like this...Heavenly Father, I'm hurting, I'm scared to death, I just don't know what to do next. I know I'm not trusting you the way I should trust you...tell it like it is...Not like this...Hi Lord, How are ya? Ya know I'm not feelin good. How bout fixin me up? Ya see, I've got this place here where..blah blah..You are feeding Anxiety this way. Well, you know what I'm sayin.

Then Paul says, With Thanksgiving. Here you express your attitude toward God. Thank Him for your learning experience, what he is building in your life, for the tools he is using. Thank Him for deliverence from the situation. Without giving Thanks you have not surrendered yourself to God's ability to handle the circumstances.

Do you know someone who only comes by to see you when they need something ? Something to think about.

If your prayer to God is to fix a flat or make the fridge start running again I have no doubt that He could but it isn't very realistic.

Jesus answers prayer from believers.

The pathway to peace leads you to God through Jesus Christ.

Just one more comment: If you pray to God and ask for something like healing, it seems to me that saying "if it be your will" is wrong because He has already told us that it is His will that we be healed, so this turns your comment into a question. Instead, Thank Him for healing you and expect it.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 8 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen WildB, on our knees,there is no greater place of strength [Bible] [Prayer] [Cross] [thumbsup2]

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by Cornelius R. Stam

"For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Eph. 3: 14).

When adversity strikes, the world keeps telling us: "Don't let it get you down," but believers in the Lord Jesus Christ have learned that it is good to let troubles and difficulties get them down -- down on their knees.

A native evangelist in Africa sat outside his hut discouraged and unhappy. Trouble and disappointment had brought "great coldness" into his heart and he seemed ready to give up. The Lord, he felt, had utterly forsaken him. As he sat there, though, his little girl kept nudging him and saying: "Daddy, go inside and pray ." Finally it worked! The evangelist went inside, poured his heart out to God and arose feeling sure that the Lord would see him through.

It is good for us to get down on our knees before God. There is no attitude more appropriate to the redeemed sinner. And as we pray, often falteringly....

"The Spirit also helpeth our infirmities; for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit Himself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
"And He that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because He maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose"
(Rom. 8:26-28).

"Be careful [anxious] for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding. shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" (Phil. 4:6,7).

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement