Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » For many are called, but few are chosen.”

Author Topic: For many are called, but few are chosen.”
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, I just try to take all of His repent warnings to heart.

I figure it's better to be safe than sorry!

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are talking about Rev 3:19, I don't think He was talking to a believer.

Opportunity may knock once, but temptation bangs on your front door forever.

Some people are kind, polite, and sweet spirited until you try to sit in their pews.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bluefrog:
Yeah, and Churches don't mean a building either!

Church means a family of believers. It don't say anywhere, no where, nada, their either, that a church is a building. Now, see how smart I am?
And, churches don't have eyes or ears either. Wheww, I'm on a get tough roll now....

AMEN!We ARE the church!

Funny He was tellin the "saved" to repent huh?

That'll make ya squirm in a pew won't it?

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Yeah, and Churches don't mean a building either!

Church means a family of believers. It don't say anywhere, no where, nada, their either, that a church is a building. Now, see how smart I am?
And, churches don't have eyes or ears either. Wheww, I'm on a get tough roll now....

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Kicked out or spit out?-- I don't want either one!

Um, He's not messin around!

Revelation 3
These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation. 15I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see. 19Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. 20Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. 21To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:

remember the scriptures, Yahshua's word's “Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments.”

If you ever even think you have a spot on your garment, just ask and it will be done for you. My heart is that you always know my great desire fore you to be with me for eternity.

AMEN! He is coming for a Bride without spot or wrinkle! If you scroll to the top-- you will find me on my knees... that's where we are found in Him and washed!

He IS our ONLY righteousness!
Philippians 3:9
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith.

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen bluefrog,
quote:
I may have a third step...

step 3=endurance

Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Found in Him , I totally agree but for clarification I would add in the picture of the Bride and Groom before the wedding supper in Heaven actually take place the believer is in a state of betrothal. At the wedding if the bride has been found to be unfaithful the Groom may put her away...remember Mary and Joseph ?

remember the scriptures, Yahshua's word's “Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments.”

Yahshua gave the believer the Garment, spotless when given.... then He told them if you happen to soil your garment, I have provided a 24 hour around the clock cleaner with spit second service!

If you ever even think you have a spot on your garment, just ask and it will be done for you. My heart is that you always know my great desire fore you to be with me for eternity.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

I may have a third step...

step 3=endurance

Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

This scripture is taken from the description that Jesus used to speak of those alive during the tribulation period. However, for a Christian to endure the trials and tribulations of life in its self when they were alive I am sure the same applies.

Mark 13:12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.

Same time period, but think of all the Christians who will turn on one another thinking that they are saving the souls of their loved ones when what is really happening is they are deceived by the devil himself. This also could have happened while alive but on a much smaller scale.

Bottom line is, Repent, Be Saved and Hang In There !

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thunderz7:
There has been much works vs. grace debate here of late;
I don't wish to bring that to this thread.

"If" looking at called and chosen as a 2 step process -
step 1 = called
step 2 = chosen

Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Does anyone see a 3rd step?

be blessed in Jesus/Yeshua

Jesus said:

"many are called or "invited" few are "chosen"

I believe this parable to also be a picture of God the Father sending His son to the Jewish people. The word says-- He came to His own, but His own received Him not.

He came and was their Messiah-- but they refused him. Jesus said "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!

He came with an invitation-- But They WOULD NOT!

Jesus is the ONLY way to The Father.
He said anyone that tries to climb up some other way (other than by THE SON) to heaven is a thief and a hiring!

NO ONE will enter in and be justified before God Almighty "CLOTHED" in HIS OWN righteousness!
For God made HIS SON to BECOME sin-- think of that! He paid for ALL sin--

Anyone attempting to walk into heaven without having accepted The Lord Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord WILL NOT GET IN!-- He WILL be thrown out on his fanny!

He IS our ONLY righteousness!
Philippians 3:9
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith.

This was a wedding invitation-- He IS The Bridegroom, we are the Bride. He has CHOSEN us.

"For God SO loved the world that He gave!"

Blessed be His name!

--------------------

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 17 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There has been much works vs. grace debate here of late;
I don't wish to bring that to this thread.

"If" looking at called and chosen as a 2 step process -
step 1 = called
step 2 = chosen

Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Does anyone see a 3rd step?

be blessed in Jesus/Yeshua
T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For many are called, but few are chosen

Who are the chosen?

The chosen are those who when Yahweh speaks, hear and obey!

Abraham not only heard but obeyed...
Noah also heard and obeyed...
Joshua and Caleb also heard and obeyed...
Peter, James, John, Matthew, Mark, Paul etc. heard and obeyed ...

Hearing alone is not enough, after hearing, obedience to what has been hear must follow....

many on judgment day will understand Jame's words spoken by the Holy Spirit "faith without works is dead" because they had heard the call but not obeyed the Word!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Question: Who are chosen ?

Answer: Those wearing the robe of righteousness.
It was customary for the host to provide such wear but he had not. Instead he was pitched out on his fanny.

If we have not received our robe of righteousness we will not attend the wedding at the end of this age.

we have been freely given the robe of righteousness, when given to us it is perfectly clean, spotted in no way and it is our responsibility to keep it clean! and we have the Lord to help us accomplish this... if we sin (get any spots on our garment) Yahshua The Righteous is Faithful and Just to cleanse those spots if we ask Him.

We must remember the Lord’s words: “Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments.” The word “watch” is a present participle and demands that we continually watch.

In Mark’s account of the Olivet Discourse, Jesus said, “Watch therefore: for you do not know when the master of the house comes, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch” (Mk.13:35-37). Since Christians are commanded to watch, are they not being unfaithful when they fail to watch? If they are being unfaithful, does that not endanger their eternal welfare?

Jesus also promised a blessing to those who keep their garments. The word “keep” (teron in the Greek) is a present participle and means we must constantly keep our garments ready. Is that not what James meant when he wrote: “Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and keep himself unspotted from the world” (Jas.1:27). The word “keep” in this verse is the same one used in Revelation 16:15, but it is a present infinitive and means to continuously keep oneself unspotted from the world.

Peter wrote: “But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth and the works that are therein shall be burned up” (2 Pet.3:10). It should be obvious even to a casual reader that Peter had no concern about the time of the Lord’s second coming. “Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwells righteousness. Wherefore, beloved, seeing that you look for such things, be diligent that you may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless” (2 Pet. 3:13-14).

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

AWWWWW, YER JIST SAYIN THAT....SHUCKS. [Roll Eyes]
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

quote:

It was customary for the host to provide such wear but he had not. Instead he was pitched out on his fanny.

If we have not received our robe of righteousness we will not attend the wedding at the end of this age.

And that is the correct answer of the night!
[clap2]

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

Awright Awready. I thunked my answer was purdy good and no one even commented on it.

I'm heart broken.

Here is my friend to play some sad music [BooHoo]

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

We are:

1 Peter 2:9 (King James Version)
9But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

And we say:
Rev 22
17And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

[Big Grin]

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I look at it as ,

Manny were CALLED to do a task and those that didnt make the grade were not chosen.

Shelved.

The Book of Psalms

Chapter 39
I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.
I was dumb with silence, I held my peace, even from good; and my sorrow was stirred.
My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue,
LORD, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is: that I may know how frail I am.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

15Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

16Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain.

--------------------

Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WildB:
Who are the chosen?

Romans 8:29) For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Who other than God's elect whom he has chosen from when the foundations were created with his foreknowledge, knowing all things from beginning to end.

John 10:29) My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

John 10:28) And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Romans 8:30) Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

As we can see, these are the few and how thankful we should be that God elected us out of all people!

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who are the chosen?

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you KnowHim,

I needed this today more than you know. He is coming for a Bride without spot or wrinkle without exception.

I seek peace, and God knows I need it. We have to be careful not to get entangled with the things of this world and also the works of the flesh.

Lord forgive me again please. I cannot do this on my own. My flesh is weak, BUT Your Spirit is willing. I surrender to You...

--------------------

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; - Acts 3:19

Matthew 22:14 ( KJV )
For many are called, but few are chosen.

1And Jesus answered and spoke to them again by parables and said:

2“The kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who arranged a marriage for his son, 3and sent out his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding; and they were not willing to come. 4Again, he sent out other servants, saying, ‘Tell those who are invited, “See, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and fatted cattle are killed, and all things are ready. Come to the wedding.”’ 5But they made light of it and went their ways, one to his own farm, another to his business. 6And the rest seized his servants, treated them spitefully, and killed them. 7But when the king heard about it, he was furious. And he sent out his armies, destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city. 8Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy. 9Therefore go into the highways, and as many as you find, invite to the wedding.’ 10So those servants went out into the highways and gathered together all whom they found, both bad and good. And the wedding hall was filled with guests.

11“But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment. 12So he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment?’ And he was speechless. 13Then the king said to the servants, ‘Bind him hand and foot, £take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

14“For many are called, but few are chosen.”

-------------------

Are you chosen or are you just playing Church?

Friend, how camest thou in hither, not having a wedding garment? A startling question to one that was priding himself in the place he securely possessed at the feast. Friend! That was a cutting word; a seeming friend, a pretended friend, a friend in profession, under manifold ties and obligations to be a friend. Note, There are many in the church who are false friends to Jesus Christ, who say that they love him while their hearts are not with him. How camest thou in hither? He does not chide the servants for letting him in (the wedding garment is an inward thing, ministers must go according to that which falls within their cognizance); but he checks his presumption in crowding in, when he knew that his heart was not upright; “How durst thou claim a share in gospel benefits, when tho hadst no regard to gospel rules? What has thou to do to declare my statutes?” Ps. 50:16, 17 Such are spots in the feast, dishonour the bridegroom, affront the company, and disgrace themselves; and therefore, How camest thou in hither? Note, The day is coming, when hypocrites will be called to an account for all their presumptuous intrusion into gospel ordinances, and usurpation of gospel privileges.

There are way to many people playing Church and don't know Jesus Christ but are in it for what they can get. I beg whom ever is in this situation to give their lives to Jesus before it is to late an you will have nothing as you spend eternity thinging about whom you should have known for HE (Jesus Christ) is what life is all about not your confort or greed.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement