Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » To abide in me!

Author Topic: To abide in me!
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EDEN...Your such a hoot ! Just like when I said "I have a soul", when I said "Keep in mind, I didn't write the bible" I knew both times you would tangle with it like you did when I said "I'll kick it around".

Why did I make that statement? It was in response to your statements leading up to questioning the issue. Do you remember what the issue was?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bluefrog said...
quote:
God the Father is living in Jesus the Son and working through Him. Believers have a similar union with Jesus, so we can bear spiritual fruit. We abide in Him when we take his word to heart and obey it. Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did.
[thumbsup2] [Cross] [Bible] [Prayer]

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bluefrog wrote to Eden
quote:
Keep in mind, I didn't write the bible ...
I never did think that "you wrote the bible", nor will I put that thought "in my mind". So I will disobey your command to "Keep in mind that I didn't write the bible". I'm not going to do it, I have better things in mind.

love, Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

EDEN...I answered your question.

If you question it, go to the scriptures and get "the rest of the story". It isn't talking about the end time.

Keep in mind, I didn't write the bible and I can't explain how we can do that except for like you say in the Blood. Better try huh?

Eden
unregistered

bluefrog wrote to Eden
quote:
EDEN...You questioned my statement "Whoever claims to live in Him, must walk as Jesus did".

Are you trying to tell me that we can't do it?

Yes, I am trying to tell u that. Until we are glorified, nobody can do it. That's why Jesus is our propitiation or sin covering, because we cannot do it.

For instance, what was the last time you walked on water, not counting the ice storm that recently hit the East?

love, Eden

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea? Well you've engaged me all day, and I had other things to do [Razz]
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Welllll, I gotta go, I am tired and in despair.
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surely you know that you were never begrudged. [Smile]

And this bears repeating:

I feel so sorry. He came to give them life more abundantly. But they are in dispair. Do you know how His heart yearns for them to experience the abundant life? He longs! But if someone says something, they are insulted. They want to do it on their own. And there is the very problem.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Harrison:
But he who breaks one (just one) of the commandments, and teaches others to do so, shall be considered 'least' in the Kingdom. And that is what happens when so many stand to voice their understanding. But we would help them to know what it means to walk in the light, AS HE is in the light. For "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear, and open to me, I will come into him and sup with him, and he with me...." In each other, at the same time, partaking of the heavenly glory.

But dear, I noticed on your last post that you had put on shades, on your emoticon?

sorry bout that.
I will try hard to be serious going forward.
Am I forgiven?

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Because we are supposed to be a well-spring. But how many of those do you know? Most have to pump it up. They suffer all week, and go to church to get a little lift, and when there they pump as hard as they are able. But don't they know that God promised that they will be 'wells' of Living Water? They do. But something isn't working right. The wonder where it is, but they don't find out why it isn't there. But they know it is true, but they just aren't seeing it the way they believe it should be. So they drag on.

I feel so sorry. He came to give them life more abundantly. But they are in dispair. Do you know how His heart yearns for them to experience the abundant life? He longs! But if someone says something, they are insulted. They want to do it on their own. And there is the very problem.

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

[happyhappy] Well, I just couldn't resist.
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

But he who breaks one (just one) of the commandments, and teaches others to do so, shall be considered 'least' in the Kingdom. And that is what happens when so many stand to voice their understanding. But we would help them to know what it means to walk in the light, AS HE is in the light. For "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear, and open to me, I will come into him and sup with him, and he with me...." In each other, at the same time, partaking of the heavenly glory.

But dear, I noticed on your last post that you had put on shades, on your emoticon?

bluefrog
unregistered

FOUND IN HIM....AMEN!
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Well sweet (can I call you sweet, this one time?), then you 'understand' sanctification. Then you understand what it means to 'keep' the commandments, and to be found walking in them. And you know the fellowship divine. The clouds do not hide His face from you. And as a branch abiding in the vine, you minister Jesus in word and deed. I am blessed to have you as my sister. [Smile]
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael wrote:
So I ask you, can you turn to God right now and say confidently, "I abide in you Lord." Can you believe that you do, to the extent that HE desires, without reservation? Then you have joy in the Lord. But, is there a little nagging in your heart still. Are you slightly unsure, even a little? Well it would make you feel better to find fault in another so that you will feel propped up. No? My Lord Jesus, I am a big boy. I can take it. His love for you is my love for you.

I'm gonna jump out on a limb here..

Yes Michael I can speak for myself and say that He abides and I abide in Him without reservation. I delight in the fact that He lives in my heart and He won't ever leave. I can and will commune with Him on a daily basis and HE is my joy!

He has made it quite simple.
My joy is complete.

[cool_shades]

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait a minute. Did you ask me baited questions, then gang up on me? [happyhappy] Well, thas ok. I am a big boy, and I can take it. In fact, it is my joy in Him to do so.

[Bible] Now, what does it mean "To abide in me?" Until we discover, we still don't see!

What could hinder? Pride. What could hide? Carnal knowledge. After all, Paul said, at the end of one of his sentences, "Carnal knowledge puffeth up." Well, the antithesis to that is that spiritual knowledge humbleth. And Paul indicated that they had not the spiritual knowledge. But were they saved? Yep. Did they have the spirit? Yep. But were they precisely on the right track? Have you read the epistles? It seems to me that he pointed out that they were not. Care to discuss it?

It is about understanding. It is about the correct understanding. It is not because your salvation depends upon it, but rather your fruit bearing. So why do you fault me? Is it wrong to say that God desires to see more fruit from us? And why would it be? Because it insults the carnal nature, the pride of man which is in all of us. And from thus we 'react'. And that is because we 'suppose' ourselves. We suppose ourselves to be spiritual, yet when the slightest thing pricks us, we cry foul. And even worse, we may accuse someone else, rather than being intellectually honest about our condition.

So I ask you, can you turn to God right now and say confidently, "I abide in you Lord." Can you believe that you do, to the extent that HE desires, without reservation? Then you have joy in the Lord. But, is there a little nagging in your heart still. Are you slightly unsure, even a little? Well it would make you feel better to find fault in another so that you will feel propped up. No? My Lord Jesus, I am a big boy. I can take it. His love for you is my love for you.

And all I can do is put it out there and let you have at it. But of this I am aware, that the outward man is not broken until he flawlessly understands his dependance upon the Lord. And that is a crisis moment. It is a moment most will go to great lengths to avoid. For we cling to our lives. And Jesus said, "If you love your life, you will lose it." This means that 'as' you cling to your life, you miss it, and do not understand what it is about.

bluefrog
unregistered

EDEN...I think that if we will pay attention and listen to Michael, maybe we can see the light too. Well, I said maybe. Doubtful but maybe.

Woe is me. Woe is you ?

bluefrog
unregistered

EDEN...You questioned my statement "Whoever claims to live in Him, must walk as Jesus did".

Are you trying to tell me that we can't do it?

1 John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in Him ought himself also so to walk, even as He walked.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell me how He has blessed your life please?

Jesus is a Big Boy and can handle His people. Let's let Him transform and renew. The Child of God accomplishes more on their knees in prayer than in arguments.

Please tell me more of your experience in relationship with Him? How did He find you in sin?

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

He has blessed my life. But His heart's longing is that others come into the fellowship divine. Yet they abide in the flesh, receiving splashes of the Spirit as they would seawater, if they were walking down a break wall when a wave splashed against it.
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Has Jesus blessed your life today Michael? Let's exalt Him today with our praise and thanksgiving!

He is worthy of all of our praise! [Smile]

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together. [Smile]

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Doth thou fault me for obeying scripture?

• Heb 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Eden
unregistered

Michael Harrison wrote
quote:
What does it mean "To abide in me?" Until we discover, we still don't see!
And no doubt YOU have already discovered it and now YOU see.

May I ask, are there any other people besides YOU who have discovered it too, or is it pretty much just YOU who has discovered it thus far?

love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

hello, bluefrog, you wrote
quote:
Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did.
Uhh, from day 1?

And secondly, I don't think that ANYONE on earth in this first adamic sin body will EVER "walk as Jesus did"; it's NOT possible as long as we have:

2 Corinthians 4:7
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

But while we are in this body we will ONLY BE ABLE to SEE IN PART:

1 Corinthians 13:12
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

So to repeat what you said, bluefrog
quote:
Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did.
No, whoever claims to live in Him must also DO HIS BEST to walk as Jesus did:

Romans 12:18
If it be possible, as much as lies in you, live peaceably with all men.

For the rest, we better cry, "Lord, have mercy on me, a sinner".

love, Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

MICHAEL...Subject: To abide in me!

You asked: What does abide in me mean?

Before Christ it was not used as a theological term.

After Christ time on earth the term is used mostly in the book of John meaning to Be With or Live In, mystical unions.

God the Father is living in Jesus the Son and working through Him. Believers have a similar union with Jesus, so we can bear spiritual fruit.
We abide in Him when we take his word to heart and obey it. Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did.

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

What a blessed expression Found, "To be 'one' with Him." Joy, and hearts!
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks Daniel for the warm welcome.

--------------------

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, thats Ok. Welcome to Christianbbs.
Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Daniel,

Nope it wasn't me sorry. And here I was so proud of my name and it's not even an original... boo!

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

well, I find that if I "keep" Jesus center of my life, heart, mind, and if He "abides" in me and I in Him... my desire to please Him keeps all the commandments [Smile]

That's Christ in me and not my own righteousness.

What a wonderful thing to be "one" with Christ!

No one is worthy of that but He has made it possible!

Praise God!

--------------------

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Found in Him,
Did you used to fellowship on ChristianChatForum.Com under the same screen name? If so, I might remember you.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

And how does one 'keep' the commandments? He lets Jesus reign. That is all it takes.
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abide:

transitive verb1: to wait for : await2 a: to endure without yielding : withstand b: to bear patiently : tolerate 3: to accept without objection intransitive verb1: to remain stable or fixed in a state2: to continue in a place : sojourn
synonyms see bear, continue

In Him:

Jesus [Smile]

John 14:23 (King James Version)

23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Here is an example similar to when Jesus spoke in parables. For it reads:

Galatians 5:24) And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

So people set out to 'do' it. But can they? They cannot. So why does it say that they have crucified the flesh, with the affections and lusts? It is to confound the disobedient. Because Jesus crucified the flesh with the affections and lust when HE died on the Cross. But it is not ours until by faith we are baptized into HIS death, and risen with Him from the dead. By such manner:

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. [i.e. having crucified the flesh, with the affections and lusts.....]

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. [Having crucified the flesh, with the affections and lusts.]

Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Harrison:
[Bible]

Let's see who it is that does not abide in him

Galatians 5:24) And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

and what are the works of the flesh

Galatians 5

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

So clearly such acts if currently being commited and unrepented of will result in one not inheriting eternal life

Therefore they that are of the flesh and submitting to those works shall not abide in Christ Jesus because "they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh"

Now can some not keep his commandments and still abide in him?

John 14:15)If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Therefore they that do not keep his commandments do not love him and can someone who does not love Christ abide in him, Nay.

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

[Bible]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement