Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Tabernacle's patterns video

Author Topic: Tabernacle's patterns video
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

The law of God was written on stone tablets, and placed in the Ark of the Covenant. The Ark was in the Holy of Holies, in the 'heart' of the tabernacle, as it were. The tabernacle was the dwelling place of God under the Old Covenant.

But under the New Covenant God does not dwell in tents made by human hands.

• 2Co 5:4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
  • 2Pe 1:13 Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance;
  • 2Pe 1:14 Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.

And where does God dwell? HE dwells in the heart of men. For the heart is the tablet of stone, which HE will soften. The heart is the Manger, where He is born.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

How will this happen?

Col 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

It will happen by the Circumcision of Christ, which is by 'sanctification', which is by a believing heart. Else how will HE dwell in the tabernacle?

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Grieve Him not away. Diminish Him not! For HE cannot dwell with unbelief.

James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Prefer Jesus for Jesus, and not for what HE does.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PetriFB
Advanced Member
Member # 4979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PetriFB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://koti.phnet.fi/petripaavola/tabernaclevideo.html

Tabernacle's patterns have come true in the New Covenant!

Posts: 162 | From: Finland | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement