Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Noah!

Author Topic: Noah!
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you David.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He really drives the point home at the climax of his message! Do we think it couldn't happen here?

It is the slumber that amazes me. People are fat and sassy, and think they will remain comfortable in that way. They don't see that they will be sent to the slaughter house.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Fellowship Chapel
Pastor Scott Price

http://www.fellowshipchapel.us

Their website is down today for some reason but it is usually up.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is that Preachers name? All I got was Scott.
thanks,
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

This could go under the Obama thread. This Preacher makes it clear that voting Obama into office did our Country no favor.
David, thank you for sharing this. I am listening to it now.
betty

--------------------

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just put a new audio online. It is very good called:

The History Of America In 3D
by Scott Price

He preached it last Sunday. It sure fits in here. I know those that know the Lord Jesus will want to hear it.

http://heargoodnews.org/mp3/Scott-Price/History-of-USA-3D.m3u

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strong stuff becausehlives. Cool!

eden, Kind David was a man after God's own heart. He did more than cuss! Of course, he got it bad, thereafter.

Job did nothing wrong, that he could uncover. He got it bad also - anyway.

Sampson had the grace of God upon him and he behaved foolishly, and got away with it until he did the one thing God said he should not do. The list goes on.

And Jesus said, just all kind of things, like don't be huffy over a mote in another's eye, until one has removed the beam from his own!!!

But the point for my part is well taken. It was perhaps careless enough. And hey, I am not, mind you, infallable! I am just a sinner too!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen WildB!
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prov.10

[12] Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The story as I remember it, is about one man who was found righteous in Yahweh's sight....because of that one fact Yahweh spared the other members of Noah's house hold....

as we examine this story we need to examine Yahweh's response to each individual being brought into the picture, and what HE wants us to learn and how to response the needs of those around us.

Noah , drunk in tent, Yahweh in this particular narrative is silent toward Noah....

Ham went in and looked on his father nakedness and then went to expose his father sin to others...

Shem and Japheth on the the hand would not look at their father's nakedness, they went backwards into the tent and covered their fathers sin....

the lesson I believe Yahweh wants us to learn is the act of sin of individuals is not as bad as those who would uncover the sin without first in love trying to reach the individual and lead them to repentance....

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty Louise wrote to Michael Harrison
quote:
First of all do not cuss on a Christian board.
Betty Louise, I agree with you that Christians can avoid cussing on a Christian bbs. A Christian typing a post has PLENTY of time to think about what he or she is going to say so that cussing can easily be avoided on a Christian bbs (especially by a man who says he is 100% sanctified). I support you in your statement that Christians should not cuss on a Christian forum.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BETTY....Hugs.
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

BlueFog,
Once a Texan always a Texan. Even when we were in Washington State for 4 years, we considered ourselves Texans.
You have a nice evening and no hurt feelings for you or Michael.
I am a tough old bird.
betty

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

BETTY...Sorry to hear about your dad. At least you had him for a while and can still enjoy your mother.

I hope you don't mind my teasing with you. Your being a good ole' Texas girl, I figured it was alright. I was a Texan most of my life but had to move to Oklahoma to care for my 98 year old Mother in Law. She is gone now. I never want to live that long. Her last 8 years were the pits. She didn't know comesickum.

Anyway, it's good to see you around here more now. That is if you don't start repremanding me. Well, here I go again...are you smiling?

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Michael,

I am so sorry about your mom. I have my mom but lost my dad. My mom and dad always had a family member in our home since I was 18. I always prayed that my mom and dad would have some time to themselves, but God took my dad before my Aunt. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Aunt, but I so wanted mom and dad to have some time to enjoy retirement together.
I will pray that God will comfort you.
betty

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

MICHAEL...Am so sorry to hear about loosing your mother. Regardless of the circumstances, it comes as a great loss to most of us.

When I lost my mom I had little doubt where she went. She loved the Lord openly. My dad was another story and he is gone too.

Sounds like you loved your mother and cared for her, which of course is a good thing. Our hope is that we will be with them again one day and this feeling of emptyness will be overcome.

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Sorry sweetie. I had ta be a little mean, huh? I had a bittersweet experience last week. My mum passed away. I do not think she had to, but my faith didn't come through like I would like it to have. Satan found an avenue that I evidently was not prepared for. And I felt it was so wrong. She was so childlike, strapped down there in ICU, with a forced air breathing machine attached. And she was on the mend. It was faith working. But something reversed it! Moreover, I feel that the doctors missed something obvious. But she got the raw end of the deal over and over in life. This perhaps was just one more.

But I thought I would get to keep her for a little while longer. I thought I would! I had questions about her faith. See, she was a lifelong hard boiled egg. But recently she had attuned herself to the preaching of the gospel. She liked to watch Bill Gaither with my dad. That was quite a change for her. But she had a little faith, as opposed to a lot. And the rigorous punishment of her physical health, and the circumstances threatened to steal her faith.

I have reason however to believe she is with the Lord. Dad (not a glowing example either, I don't think, but he is trying) asked her when she was fading if she wanted to pray the sinners prayer. She said she already had.

You know, I knew I was going to have to attend to her more and more because she was becoming more feeble. But It was hard to get to. I didn't want to spoil her. Parents can be the most trying people one can deal with in life, and mine were so demanding in petty and insignificant ways. I think that they liked to hear their own voice giving directions. It was all they understood. That is what I think. But to be sure, I thought I would have the opportunity to do her bidding without complaining, and to cater to her bad habits without faultfinding (which came so easy), before she finally went away. But that was cut short. It just doesn't seem right. It was something out of my hands, and it is frustrating to be so helpless.

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

This is a Christian board. Do we want none Christians to come here and see us cussing?
I do not make a habit of cussing. I do not use that word he used. It was never about saying I was a better Christian but about Christians on a Christian board behaving as Christians.
betty

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

BETTY......Now, seeeee. You went and hurt Michaels feelings.

Are you trying to say that you have never said a cuss word or even slipped and said one lately?
Are you trying to say that you have never had a snort now and then and maybe one too many a time or two ?

Is it important that you don't say a cuss word here more than somewhere else ? You are not accountable to any of us are you ?

Noah had been through a bunch and it was time to celebrate, but what harm do you suppose he thought it would bring ? Where else could he go to get into trouble ?

I can answer those questions. By the way, I am just pullin your chain. We love ya. Anyway, the answer to those questions is. Don't worry there is someone in the background who has already planned his scheme...Satan.

First, Noah was A Friend of God just like Adam and Eve, but now he had a whole new plate. Not only was Noah enjoying the fruit of the vine but not having any for quite some time the fruit was a toot and Noah was feelin fine.

Noah passed out, so now what ? Well, there was Ham. Satan thought...Ham and eggs, yeah. So, Ham had sex with his mother. Who knows, maybe Ham had a little grape as well ? When Noah woke up it was discovered what happened so he cursed Ham telling him that he and his chillin would be servants to man for ever. Ham boogied and married a black queen. Now, black pastors tell of the curse and tell their sheep that the reason they are black sheep servants, slaves, shoe shine boys n' stuff is because of the curse.
Can you believe that ? It's true. Will satan never cease ? Well, Yes. Meanwhile trust in Jesus.

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

quote:
First of all do not cuss on a Christian board. Second, I have NEVER heard anyone put Noah down for getting drunk.
betty

Betty, have you ever heard someone put someone down for supposedly cussing? The point of the story of Noah getting bombed was that life can cast one into the most insecure circumstances, where there is no longer any secure-feeling ground beneath one's feet. And in surviving it, one might find occasion, in his or her astonishment, to 'fall out' as it were, i.e. find comfort in dubious expression?

And will one 'judge' the slip of a tongue, or as a true human being, and not a pious pretender, will one understand as one being cast in the same turbulent circumstances of life which seek to unhinge all of us? Love understands, not criticizes.

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yahsway wrote of Noah
quote:
first he had to build that ark and it took many years,

Then he had to put food in that ark, the animals ect..

Then the people of the world around him perished in the flood,

Then he was on the ark for a while until the waters dried up ...

And the REALLY scary part for Noah was, if NOAH DID NOT KNOW HOW TO SWIM.

love, Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

Noah was apparently already or would be the only surviving righteous man remaining in his time. Everyone else was evil to the hilt.

It took Noah about 120 years to build the ark and that was without government intervention.

What I get out of the story is that God is moral judge of His universe and will punish sin. He also told Noah that the world will not be flooded again and to sign the covenant He left a Rainbow. Jesus not only carries us through the waters but deposits us in a new world, with the will of God. The end of this age will have signs similar to those of the time of Noah.

Noah was told of things to come, not yet seen and acted on it. He was a hero. He saved the lives of his family and a bunch of critters.

Noah was harassed by others while building his boat but became a witness to the people of his generation. Well, you probably saw the movie. hehe

What is so weird is the interpretations of portions of this story by some people. If Noah was to hear some of them he would probably go get plastered again. Especially the stories about Ham.

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

The only lesson I ever got taught on this instance was that one of his sons shamed him. I agree that after what Noah went through that he probably did celebrate by drinking too much. To be honest, I never looked at Noah as sinning there. I still don't. While we know as Christians know that we should do all things in moderation, we also know that there are times when we get carried away, if nothing else by over eating.
Have a blessed week.
betty

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Sorry Betty! I guess you have never heard someone condemn him from the pulpit for this; or, while sitting in a sunday school class, cope with that particular incident as best as one was able by playing 'holier than thou' in order to make a sunday school lession point. It is a trap we all have fallen into. And we read that God delights in mercy.

As far as that four letter word goes, only the legalistic would balk at it being used here. It makes a point. But I'll take it out for you.

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LoL, MH, your too funny! Yes, I agree, just think for a moment, first he had to build that ark and it took many years,

Then he had to put food in that ark, the animals ect..

Then the people of the world around him perished in the flood,

Then he was on the ark for a while until the waters dried up,

Then he became a farmer and toiled the ground and planted a vineyard,

I guess it was more like a celebration for him don't ya think? Getting drunk that is. It would have been for me. Just being honest here.

Wow, and to think Noah lived another 350 years after the flood.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

First of all do not cuss on a Christian board. Second, I have NEVER heard anyone put Noah down for getting drunk.
betty

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People look at Noah like he was in fatal sin because he was 'drunk' after the flood. I (duh!) well understand why he was drunk. He had just survived a forty day flood without knowing where he would end up, with a bunch of animals who might have died had he not obeyed, whose wastes he no doubt had to clean up, and only seven other people, and the rest of the world drowned. Think about it!

[happyhappy]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement