Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » CHRIST THE SON OF GOD

Author Topic: CHRIST THE SON OF GOD
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right. For the baseball fans....

Midrash (Hebrew: מדרש‎; plural midrashim, lit. "to investigate" or "study") is a Hebrew term referring to the not exact, but comparative (homiletic) method of exegesis (hermeneutic) of Biblical texts, which is one of four methods cumulatively called Pardes. The term midrash can also refer to a compilation of homiletic teachings (commentaries) on the Tanakh (Hebrew Bible), in the form of legal and ritual (Halakhah) and legendary, moralizing, folkloristic, and anecdotal (Aggadah) parts.

While the midrashim are a valuable source of Jewish interpretations of the Bible, they are not the only source. The article on Jewish commentaries on the Bible discusses a wide variety of later Jewish bible commentaries, from the ancient Targums to classical Rabbinic literature, the midrash literature, the classical medieval commentators, and modern day commentaries.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay Now, as the old Billy Joel song says "Dont go changing to try and please me" I'm just getting used to the old WildB.

But in all seriousness, i like your post, i like the midrash, even if at times we dont agree, it keeps me on my toes. Shalom

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL flip the W in wild and you get Mild.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hax3! I still luv ya bro WildB! I cant help myself, you're just so, dare I say it? Wild!
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Watch out Daniel, I know where this is going, the proverbial cat is about to be let out of the bag. Ha!
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneinchrist:
Wild B,
Does Mr. Stam also propose that the Jews are saved one way, and the gentiles are saved another?If so, please explain

Love in Christ, Daniel

QUIZ

1. Which is the most important division of the Bible?

2. When and through whom was the old covenant (or testament) made?

3. When and through whom was the new covenant made?

4. What is the main subject of prophecy?

5. What form of government will prevail in the Messianic kingdom?

6. Where will the kingdom be set up?

7. What great change will take place in Israel with the establishment of this kingdom?

8. What will be the relation of the Gentiles to Israel in the Messianic kingdom?

9. What is the main subject of the mystery?

10. At what point in Israel's history did God begin to reveal the mystery?

11. What is the relative status of Gentiles to Jews before God today?

12. What is the relation between Jewish and Gentile believers today?

13. Where is the believer's position and citizenship today?

14. What erroneous method of interpretation have some theologians applied to the kingdom prophecies?

15. What has caused them to adopt this method?

16. How does this method of interpretation affect the rest of Scripture?

17. What is the relation of this method to the prevailing heresies of our day?

18. What is the solution to the problem which has caused some theologians to adopt this method?

19. Name five basic distinctions between prophecy and the mystery.

20. Give five Scriptures to show the importance of the mystery.

--------------------
That is all.....

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wild B,
Does Mr. Stam also propose that the Jews are saved one way, and the gentiles are saved another?If so, please explain

Love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by Cornelius R. Stam

St. Paul opens his Epistle to the Romans by stating that the Lord Jesus Christ was "declared to be the Son of God with power," or "powerfully declared to be the Son of God... by the resurrection from the dead" (1:4).

In Psa. 2:7, we have Christ, in prophecy, saying:

"I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto Me, Thou art My Son; this day have I begotten Thee."

Our Lord was, of course, eternally one with the Father, but the word "begotten" here comes from Israel's laws, referring to the time when the child was officially declared to be the father's full-grown son.

But what day was He referring to? On what day did the Father officially proclaim:

"This day have I begotten Thee"?

The answer is found in Acts 13:33, where the Apostle states that God "raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second Psalm: Thou art My Son, this day have I begotten Thee."

So our Lord was officially -- and powerfully -- declared to be the Son of God at His resurrection from the dead. But what did Paul mean in II Tim. 2:7,8, where he said:

"Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things. Remember that Jesus Christ, of the seed of David, was raised from the dead ACCORDING TO MY GOSPEL."

The answer is that the twelve had proclaimed Christ as the Son of David, to sit on David's throne. Theirs was "the gospel of the kingdom." But when the King and His kingdom were rejected, God raised up another apostle, Paul, to proclaim "the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24).

Christ was, indeed, raised from the dead to sit on David's throne, and this will yet come to pass, but Paul has a message for us, here and now: that Christ was raised from the dead to certify our justification and to become the Head of "the Church which is His Body."

--------------------
That is all.....

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement