Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Whose lordship are you under?

Author Topic: Whose lordship are you under?
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed recently that the way it reads is that if they begin to eat and drink with the drunken.... There are details that we mentally skip over, for some reason. Again, it comes down to not reading the word the way it is written (...if anyone ever gives us a test to see if we absorbed what we read). And the point is this: It says simply, that they 'began to eat' with the drunken. It does not say, as our mind automatically fills in, that they became drunken, with the drunken. They began to eat, only!
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joshua 3:3) And they commanded the people, saying, When ye see the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, and the priests the Levites bearing it, then ye shall remove from your place, and go after it.

Joshua 3:4) Yet there shall be a space between you and it, about two thousand cubits by measure: come not near unto it, that ye may know the way by which ye must go: for ye have not passed this way heretofore.

How often as Christians do we forget that we are in a strange land. One that is unfamiliar filled with all sorts of evil and wickedness and that without God leading us we are blind, we will stumble into submission to the wrong things that can eat and consume the soul. (Revelation 3:15-18)“I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.” How often do people not heed the Lord’s counsel! Not listening at all but instead run off with there own fairy tales trying to work salvation in their own way? My people we as Christians must take heed not to conform to worldly ways and let worldliness overrun us and manifest itself in our lives lest we put anything primary in our lives that should not be there. If God is not leading our lives then aren’t we already dead, dead in sin and dead in iniquity? Yes, without God what are, (Psalm 103:14) “For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.” And certainly apart from God no man has life, (Romans 5:18) “Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.” Apart from God’s leading, God’s grace, how can we have life, for he is the (Jeremiah 17:13) “fountain of living waters”, the fountain of life, (Psalm 36:9) “for with thee is the fountain of life, in thy light shall we see light.” No one has to die spiritually speaking, (Deuteronomy 5:29) “O that there were such a heart in them, that they would fear me and keep all my commandments.

Now by Christ Jesus we have liberty, purchased by his blood we are saved, but certainly not to let the snares, the pollution, the deception of this world manifest itself in our heart, taking control of us until it worketh death. Liberated from the law, but not to conform to disobedience, lest we be just as the unbelievers. But on the contrary, we are called to obedience and submission to the Lord and our Savior Jesus Christ, (John 15:14) “Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.” Notice that this is a call to obedience. Again, (John 14:15) “If ye love me, keep my commandments.” While we are freed from the law we are still expected to obey our Lord if we want his Lordship over our lives. Whose Lord is the lord of a rebellious person? The wicked servant in comparison to the good servant, the wick servant did not watch but (Matthew 24:49-51) “shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken; The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” and the good servant, (Matthew 24:46-47) “Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.” Now one chose not the lordship of the Lord and the other did, which one do you think chose the lordship of the Lord? One can’t be lead in one’s life by the world and by the Lord. It will be one or the other, two choices, one death and the other life. So who is your Leader in today’s world?

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement