Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Do people add what they what to see and take away God’s judgment?

Author Topic: Do people add what they what to see and take away God’s judgment?
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear Copper25, you wrote
quote:
(Revelation 22:18-19) I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy in this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will strike him with the plagues that are written in this book. And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
In the next part of your post, you seem to imply that in this book refers to the whole Bible, but it is more likely that only the book of Revelation is referred to in the above warning.

In those days the books were all separate rolls, written either on vellum (an animalskin) or on papyrus or on clay tablets.

Nowadays all the books are compiled into one Book, and so sometimes it seems "as if there is only one book".

But in those older days that was not so. When the book of Revelation warns not to add or take away anything in this book, it most likely means "this book of Revelation" only.

And to further substantiate that, the above verses from Revelation also specifically referred to, the prophecy of this book:

Revelation 22:18-19
I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy in this book ... and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy ...

Now, not that anyone should add to or take away anything from the rest of the Bible, but
that warning does seem to only apply to the prophecy of the book of Revelation and not any other books of the Bible.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeremiah 14:13) Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them, Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.

Jeremiah 14:14) Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.

(Revelation 22:18-19) “I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy in this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will strike him with the plagues that are written in this book. And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.” How many fail to heed this severe warning; Listen this is the reason why so many teachers and preachers of modern day Christianity teach errors and falsehood and deceitfulness. This is why there is so much damnable heresy floating in the world deceiving many. People will either add in context speaking that which isn’t there or they will look at and see only what they want to see deleting vital details and failing to heed them. How can one hold on to the truth if it has been tainted, leavened, and distorted from its context and meaning, one can’t, but instead will end up swaying to falsehood and crookedness. (Mark 8:15) “Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, and of the leaven of Herod.” Now considering Jesus said that to the twelve disciples, how much more can that be applied to us in a society where the truth is shunned, liberation is hidden and needs to be revived, in a day where the church is (Revelation 3:1)“dead” spiritually sitting waiting passively rather that uniting, bound with divisions, cults and all of the such. This is it, the truth is found in the bible, the word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit , and given to the world, serving most of all as a warning, while offering hope of salvation unto all mankind, the bible line after line, verse after verse explains what happens to evildoers, the wicked, and the works of iniquity. This is the side of the bible many don’t want to touch because they can’t handle it or altogether choose not to hear it, erring making a down play on the strictness and expectations that God has for us.

God’s mercy endureth forever, but that applies specifically for those that obey! (Psalm 103:17) “But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children” Does the Lord’s mercy extend to those that choose to disobey him, yes, (Ezekiel 18:23) “Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?” But God’s mercy only goes so far with them that choose rebellion and don’t come back reaching for God and CHOOSE not to repent! Look at the flood of Noah’s day. Look at Sodom and Gomorrah, Look at Jeremiah’s day where Israel was destroyed (though that was his chosen people, yet because of their rebellion, they were brought to nothing, save a remnant of people). God does not like iniquity and (Psalm 5:5) “The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.” Now is it a coincidence that the Lord Jesus said (Matthew 7:23) “And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” and (Matthew 13:41-42) "The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.” Now the Father and the Son are against them that do evil, as it is written, (1 Peter 3:12) “For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.” Remember the trinity, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, if the Father and Son be against iniquity, then wouldn’t the Holy Spirit be against iniquity as well, while we are not perfect, would the Holy Spirit dwell in a defiled temple, I think not, as it is written (1 Corinthians 3:17) “If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy”. Why do you think that Christ made such a point as to point of the white garment to the Church of Laodicea and points out that few in the Church of Sardis did not defile their garments. Look, is preaching obedience preaching legalism, I think not for the Lord declared himself that he wants obedience of us, (Luke 6:46) “And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement