Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The conscience is cleared by the blood of Jesus

Author Topic: The conscience is cleared by the blood of Jesus
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello bluefrog, you wrote
quote:
Hebrews 9:12

I have never heard or thought of it meaning that Jesus took His blood to God to prove that His mission was finished. Interesting.

Not only to prove that His mission was finished, but also because, as you say,
quote:
surely God the Father was well aware without Jesus going to prove it.
God already knew of course, but the other reason why Jesus went up with His blood is to have a Personal time of Rejoicing between Jesus and the Father, with many Hugs and Shouts of Great Joy and Victory.

Lastly, there is one further testimony that God accepted the blood of Jesus as being precious enough to pay for every sin, namely that God poured out the Holy Spirit on Pentecost, which God could not have poured out if God was not satisfied.

And when God is satisfied with the value of the blood of Jesus as paying for every sin, then we also must be satisfied with the same value that God puts on the blood; we cannot value the blood more, but we must also not value the blood less than God. God is satisfied, so we are satisfied, that the blood of Jesus cleanes us from every sin:

1 John 1
7 ... the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin.

In the land of Goshen in Egypt where the Israelites dwelled, God had instructed the Israelites, and even any strangers wtih them, to "by faith put the blood on the outside lintels of the door of the house" and then God said, "When I see the blood, I will pass over".

God looks at the blood on the lintels and He, as the angel of death, passes over that house and no one inside the house died.

What is always interesting to me about that is God did not first ask WHO IS IN THE HOUSE? before God passed over that house and no one died in it.

God knew who was in the house, but it did not matter who was in the house because they were all equally sinners:

Romans 3:23
For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

All that mattered to God was that the people inside the house had faith or belief in God, that if God said "I will pass over when I see the blood", both criminals and good people could be in the house, but if they had faith in God, they would escape death:

Genesis 15:6
And he {Abraham} believed in the LORD; and He {God} counted it to him {to Abraham) for righteousness.

Romans 4
3 For what does the scripture say? Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him for righteousness.

4 Now to him who works is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

5 But to him who does not work, but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted to him for righteousness.

6 Even as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness without works:

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

In the land of Goshen, God did not first ask, "Who is in the house with you?" before He "passed over". God had only one requirement. Belief that what God said He would do, God would indeed do.

And so if anyone, both good AND bad, believed inside the house that God was really going to do what He had said He would do, and then as a group or individually "put the blood of the sacrificed lamb on the outside lintels of their door", God only said, "When I see the blood I will pass over":

Exodus 12:23
For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when He sees the blood upon the lintel and on the two sideposts, the LORD will pass over the door and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to strike you.

And perhaps that even applied to some Egyptians.

When Jesus comes the Second Time, God will only look at "who is wearing the blood of Jesus on the lintels and sideposts of their body"; and when God "sees the blood", God will pass over" and God will not even ask who is in the skin (house) of that body.

But when it comes to rewards, one must be a good son or daughter and be a faithful steward in the Family of God.

Salvation is free and is only acquired by belief in that God will do what God said He would do, only that belief "is counted to us for righteousness".

But sanctification is earned, and occurs in partnership with the Holy Spirit which is given to help us to...uh, help us behave.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I have never heard or thought of it meaning that Jesus took his blood to God to prove that his mission was finished. Interesting. I guess I always took that to mean when the curtain was torn. (?) In that Jesus is God and with all the activity going on, and surely God the Father was well aware without Jesus going to prove it. I don't know. Am I beating this subject up where I should leave it alone ?

Talking again about CONSCIENCE, I always thought of that meaning doing something you are guilty of and ashamed of. We probably all agree on that.

Remember the bike you told about ? As an example, let's say you took it without paying for it. Your conscience would bother you for doing it. If it bothered you enough you might return it, and then your conscience wouldn't bother you so bad, especially if you weren't caught. You knew you did it and nothing will change that but all is gooder now. No jail time and no hangin. Isn't that sorta like being forgiven by Christ? So, he is sayin it's just gooder to behave ourselves and go buy your own.

Those who steal because they think the world owes them something is just the devil talking.

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The conscience of an unsaved person is full of sins for which no penalty has been paid. The conscience was so full of sins that it was as if seared with an iron and the conscience was defiled:

Probably not a real dofference in what we believe just saying it differently;
but the penalty has been paid,
the gift has been offerd,
it may not have been received and opened.

Hebrews 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EDEN..Subject: The conscience is cleared by the blood of Jesus.

A subject that is interesting to discuss off and on, just to keep us on the same page. The scriptures you furnished points out that being appointed a bishop we need a good conscience, and compared to the law sacrifices of animals, the priests and the veil, all compared to the sacrafice of Jesus and His Blood there is little comparison.

Do you agree that once a sin is committed it has been done and nothing can change that? I do. But to be forgiven for it, your conscience is relieved and no longer seperates you from the Lord.
Later you may not remember having done it, depending on what it may have been but as hard as it may seem possible, if God says He will forgive you then, He will.

I once knew a lady who kept pushing away from God, saying that if Hitler could be forgiven for his sins when he found he was loosing or winning the war, she wanted nothing to do with him. Of course she didn't want anything to do with a God who would send people to hell forever and ever.

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We do not hear much preaching about the "conscience" in Christianity, probably because it is not that well understood.

But this week I paid a bit more attention to it again, and it read something like this.

The conscience of an unsaved person is full of sins for which no penalty has been paid. The conscience was so full of sins that it was as if seared with an iron and the conscience was defiled:

Titus 1:15
To the pure all things are pure: but to them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

1 Timothy 4:2
Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron.

But, how does God CLEAR the conscience? By showing us the PRECIOUS VALUE of the blood of His Son Jesus.

Jesus carried His own blood up to God in heaven to show that He had done it:

Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by His own blood He entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

And God was satisfied that the blood of His Son Jesus paid for EVERY sin:

1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of His Son Jesus Christ cleanses us from every sin.

Since God is satisfied with the blood, we must also be satisfied with the blood. And God says that the blood of Jesus is precious enough to cover all sins:

1 Peter 1
18 Forasmuch as you know that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers,

1 Peter 1
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.

The moment we value the blood the same as God, namely that the precious blood of Jesus pays for every sin, in that same moment is the conscience CLEARED because all the sins in the conscience are SUDDENLY PAID FOR, and so the conscience EMPTIES OUT and it is EMPTY, just like a REFORMATTED computer disk.

Hebrews 9:14
How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Once we believe God that the blood of Christ pays for ALL sins, immediately is our conscience emptied of the sins which were awaiting payment of the penalty.

And then we have a healthy, fully functioning conscience again:

1 Timothy 3:9
Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.

Hebrews 10:22
Let us draw near therefore with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

When we value the blood of Jesus as God values it, namely that God is satisfied with it, at once our conscience is cleared.

love, Eden

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement