Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Hidden Foe and Deception

Author Topic: The Hidden Foe and Deception
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Why do we pray to Mary?
True believers do not pray to Mary, only pagans pray to false god's!

quote:
Why does the government seem to think they should care for the poor instead of the individual or church?
the government saw the advantage and power that they could take charge of by assuming the role of caregiver of the poor and took the responsibly and greedy people in the harlot church allowed them to do so...

quote:
How many widows and orphans are being cared for?
by who

quote:
Why are we killing each other off about as fast as we can give birth to more?
sin

quote:
Why is there more crime here in the US than elsewhere?
because there is more sin here in America

quote:
Why do we kill over one and a half million babies (reported) a year in the US and pay for it with taxes?
because people posing as Christians love their houses, cars, boats, televisions, food, entertainment, ect. more than they love children....because children have become a burden instead of a blessing....anything more than 2 children per home in the American church today is frowned upon / made to be a matter to joke about (may Yahweh have mercy on the so called church of our day)

quote:
Why are Christians sitting on their butts doing nothing about it?
speak for yourself, I am doing all I know possible to fight against this world system and the sin it promotes

quote:
Why do so few Christians give to the church and other worthwhile causes?
probably because only a few are really Christians, like Yahshua said to the disciples "only a few will be saved"

quote:
Why are our pastors afraid to speak about these things in the churches?
true pastors are not afraid to speak out, only the wolves posing as pastors are afraid to speak out

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
So, why do we hold sunrise services and celebrate easter ?
because the "we" you refer to are lost pagans deceived by the lies of Satan

quote:
Why do we call priests "father" and why do we confess our sins to priests and who gave the pope the right to be the replacement for Jesus while he is away?
I don't, this again is something pagans do

quote:
Where does the bible say to recognize the Sabath on Sunday or day of choice?
it doesn't

quote:
Why do we baptise babies?
pagans baptize babies not Christians

quote:
Why do we plaster paintings and other art showing a face on who is supposed to be Jesus? Why do we show paintings of God ?
I don't

quote:
Why do only a fraction of pastors believe in a virgin birth?
because they are lost!

I will answer more questions later

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GlorybelongstoHim wrote
quote:
Eden, I have seen on this board where you have literally just went out your way to insult other members on this board. Everyone has their own opinion but you are one of those "so called christian" that turns people from this board instead of drawing them. I have read your posts and I have come to the real conclusion that you are not as holy as you want us to believe.
Just like you or anyone here, I have my favorite members on this bbs and my not-so-favorite members. I don't doubt that I am also on some members' not-so-favorite list.

That will be our life until Jesus comes. It's called "a Treasure in an earthen vessel".

Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glory belongs to Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden;
I have seen on this board where you have literally just went out your way to insult other members on this board. Everyone has their own opinion but you are one of those "so called christian" that turns people from this board instead of drawing them. I have read your posts and I have come to the real conclusion that you are not as holy as you want us to beleive. For some of us truly knows better.

The bible tells us to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling, but never did it once say we should never help others from wanting to be saved. That is our no.2 responsibility (bringing others to Christ).

You I must say with your comments to bluefrog holds a very poor position in winning souls.

All you do is sat back and wait like a scorpion at someone to inject with your sarcasim when you reply with your post.

God's Word is always true but your sarcasim is not called for.

If there is anyone who really tries to exhalt themselves on this board you are definitely "The One".

I know you will reply to this respond in which I will not in return answer. Because I am learning that you never really know who you are really chatting with on these message boards. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
If you ever get so hungry for God that you are in pursuit of Him, He will do things for you that He won't do for anybody else.

Posts: 112 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EDEN..Please consider this...I am responding to the original comments.

This has nothing to do with your scriptures from Luke. I am not addressing this to God in a prayer and trying to make myself look good. I am addressing the readers with the truth saying "Lets stop this" or at least work on it.

Why would you say not to worry about others and concentrate on yourself ? Is that what we are told to do ?

I think I will go. I guess I am all messed up.
No need for me to cause trouble here.

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bluefrog wrote
quote:
Each of us is responsible for our own salvation, no one else.
Since we are responsible for our own salvation, you also don't need to ask "why there is so much crime in the U.S." and all "your other whys".

The majority of the people in the USA are NOT Bible-believing and Bible-reading Christians, so that alone accounts for most of the crime because the Devil teaches HIS people how to kill, steal and destroy, and more. So that answers all the whys right there.

The only thing that really matters is, "how am I doing with MY salvation"? "Am I making progress or am I standing still, or worse, am I backsliding"?

And as to your statement that "there is MORE crime in the U.S. than elsewhere", there is probably more crime in Russia than there is here.

So I think that Christians should be LESS concerned about the salvation of OTHERS when they should be looking and working on their OWN salvation and sanctification. The main question is always, "Am I saved"?

And then, if I have some time left, considering my numerous family obligations, I can also ask, "Are YOU saved?"

But the rest is a crime for sure.

Luke 18
11 Then the Pharisee stood and prayed thus within himself, God, I thank You, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican is.

12 I fast twice a week and I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 But the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 For I tell you that this man went down to his house justified rather than the other man; for everyone who exalts himself shall be abased; and he who humbles himself shall be exalted.

love, Eden

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We cannot become so proud as to deny that we have sin......why?....because we all need life and character transformation.

Neither can we become so timid as to allow ourselves to become apathetic towards sin......why?....because that is how the devil attempts to draw us away from God and His will for our lives.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, why do we hold sunrise services and celebrate easter ? Why do we call priests "father" and why do we confess our sins to priests and who gave the pope the right to be the replacement for Jesus while he is away? Where does the bible say to recognize the Sabath on Sunday or day of choice? Why do we baptise babies? Why do we plaster paintings and other art showing a face on who is supposed to be Jesus? Why do we show paintings of God ? Why do only a fraction of pastors believe in a virgin birth? Why do we pray to Mary? Why does the government seem to think they should care for the poor instead of the individual or church?
How many widows and orphans are being cared for?
Why are we killing each other off about as fast as we can give birth to more? Why is there more crime here in the US than elsewhere? Why do we kill over one and a half million babies (reported) a year in the US and pay for it with taxes? Why are Christians sitting on their butts doing nothing about it? Why do so few Christians give to the church and other worthwhile causes? Why are our pastors afraid to speak about these things in the churches?
We can serve only one master and it must be one or the other. Each of us is responsible for our own salvation, no one else. When your heart stops beating and you are dead, you will have determined if it is final or if there is another death to follow. If you are in darkness you best get some light to go by. In this case ignorance is not bliss.

The hidden foe is the devil and the deception is what comes out of his nasty mouth. Do you like fact or fiction ? The bible is not fiction and there is proof of it.

Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Esther 1:10) On the seventh day, when the heart of the king was merry with wine, he commanded Mehuman, Biztha, Harbona, Bigtha, and Abagtha, Zethar, and Carcas, the seven chamberlains that served in the presence of Ahasuerus the king,

Esther 1:11) To bring Vashti the queen before the king with the crown royal, to shew the people and the princes her beauty: for she was fair to look on.

Esther 1:12) But the queen Vashti refused to come at the king's commandment by his chamberlains: therefore was the king very wroth, and his anger burned in him.

How many times do people often not hear the commands of the King, our Lord and our savior. “Thou shall love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind”. Not giving their whole heart but having it’s ownership being dominated by something else, let’s call it as it is, an idol. Idols can take any form, it doesn’t have to be a statue or a graven image, but can be hidden stealthily in possessions, friends, family, or in Vasthi’s case, the party/feast for the women in the royal house(metaphorically speaking when compared to Christians’ relationships with God) kept her from doing the commandment of the king. Now is a commandment something optional? No! Is it something we have a choice in? No, not if we want to live pleasing lives to God. And Idols can also take form in presumptuous, willful disobedience, drugs, sex(unmarried a.k.a. fornication), drinking(drunkenness), gambling, and things of the such.

A person can’t be watching for the King’s coming if their heart is snared with an idol, something first that should not be first in their life. So was Christ asking for us to give our lives to him, which includes abandoning sinfulness and lust of the flesh, “And they that are in Christ ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.” Which indicates a switch or a transition from the fleshy ways to the ways of the Spirit, “put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in the knowledge after the image of him that created him”. So this transition is one that must occur, for if the old man and his ways be present, then how has the new man which is renewed in knowledge of God ever come to light or be made manifest? Can one be old and new or can one have mixture of the old and the new? Sure one can try to have both but the result will be lukewarm and we know that won’t work. “I know thy works; that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” So can the old harmonize with the new? No it won’t mix like oil and water or like snow and heat or like water and fire, one will extinguish the other. So there are certainly only two ways because the mixture is just as bad as the old man and his deeds.

Can one sit at the Devil’s table and at the table of the Lord’s, I think not, so no one can sit on the fence and not choose because “For he that is not against us is on our part” but “He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.” abroad, the broad way, think about it! Who on the broad way abides in Christ, NONE! And who on the broad way bears fruit of the Spirit, NONE! So those that live in Christ certainly don’t live in the flesh, as it is written ”they that are in Christ ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts” and “the scripture cannot be broken”. Name a WILLFUL sin that is not linked or is a work of the flesh, for isn’t WILLFUL SIN, presumptuous sin, an element of the canal mind? Now we can stumble, but certainly what Christ said, “And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest their deeds should be reproved” implies first off that the works of darkness or evil will keep a person from entering the light, drawing near it. Jesus said “ I am the light of the world ” and when a person CHOOSES to be in darkness and works of the such they are separating themselves from Christ because they CHOOSE to keep the wall of perdition that Christ died to knockdown up. Second off, lest their deeds are reproved, corrected and they turn from them, that they will remain in darkness and not have fellowship with Christ.

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement