Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The pope and end time events

Author Topic: The pope and end time events
Forever His
Advanced Member
Member # 25

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forever His     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Why does the Pope not say "Stand up!, I myself also am a man". Is that a sign?

With love in Christ, Daniel

Now that is an interesting thought isn't it..
Posts: 719 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forever His
Advanced Member
Member # 25

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forever His     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Keith... now I understand what you are saying... Thank you for your input.

God Bless

Forever His

Posts: 719 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just thought about something. Is the word pope supposed to be capitalized?grammatically? I do not see the word apostle or apostles capitalized in the bible. Hmmmmmm

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why does the Pope not say "Stand up!, I myself also am a man". Is that a sign?

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keith
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hi Keith. Nice to meet you. I am wondering. You say that the deterioration is a "result" of the RC Church... I believe that would sound rather hard to prove, would it not???

After all I am sure there are people out there who would try and blame it on those nasty "sun spots" or who knows what else.

Would it not be much more acurate to say that the moral decay in North America is rather the result of sin ? Having said that I would agree that the they are not what they would have us to believe yet I am not sure it would be fair to put "all" of the blame on them ...

Hello Forever His.

There is no worse sin than pretending to be God's true church on earth, when your church really serves the purpose of separating humanity from their only Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The rise of the Roman Catholic church to power within the Roman empire, was the beginning of the decline and fall of the same. Rome survived century after century of paganism, but when the abomination of desolation was set up within her, her decline and fall was swift. So to will it be now with our nation, and the entire world, as the power and influence of the church of Rome rises swiftly. The deadly wound to it's head is just about completely healed.

The church of Rome is the result of the amalgamation of apostate Christianity, and pagan sun worship, this is an abomination to God. The setting up of the abomination, brings desolation. When Israel amalgamated various forms of sun worship with the worship of God in His temple, God sent judgment, and desolation at the hands of the Babylonians, the kingdom of the north(Ezek. 8&9).

When Christianity conquered pagan Rome, it then did the same, God sent judgment and desolation from the barbarians of the north. When Rome re-establishes her power in all the world, it will bring desolating judgments from God, and finally God himself will come from the north and judge all the earth. When all the world wonders after, and worships the beast, then God sends His judgments(Rev. 16)

Y. b. in C. Keith

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forever His
Advanced Member
Member # 25

I wish to thank everyone for sharing their thought's on this topic. I was curious to know what others thought and if they viewed the visit as significant in terms of the Bible and phrophecy.

God Bless

Forever His

Forever His
Advanced Member
Member # 25

Keith wrote:

quote:
As our country has been Romanizing, so to has it been deteriorating from within. This process will only gain momentum as our country is Romanized.

Hi Keith. Nice to meet you. I am wondering. You say that the deterioration is a "result" of the RC Church... I believe that would sound rather hard to prove, would it not???

After all I am sure there are people out there who would try and blame it on those nasty "sun spots" [Big Grin] or who knows what else.

Would it not be much more acurate to say that the moral decay in North America is rather the result of sin ? Having said that I would agree that the they are not what they would have us to believe yet I am not sure it would be fair to put "all" of the blame on them ...

God Bless

Forever His
Advanced Member
Member # 25

Thank you Isaiah. You have given us much food for thought... both from history and from scripture.

May God Bless you and yours

Forever His

Forever His
Advanced Member
Member # 25

helpforhomeschools... I am so happy to see you again. [thumbsup2]

quote:
There are no "offshoots" of Christianity! There is only that which CHRIST taught and that which is "another gospel"
This has been my concern as well...

God Bless

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps the first problem is in thinking that the RCC is an offshoot of Christianity in the first place. What is an "offshoot" of Christianity? There are no "offshoots" of Christianity! There is only that which CHRIST taught and that which is "another gospel"
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forever His
Advanced Member
Member # 25

Eden Wrote :

quote:
But when it comes to Papism and other offshoots of Christianity, they will be alongside Allah Islam and alongside Hinduism and Buddhism and Watunka and Molech and Amon, who all will be shown the right way.

I find this a very interesting way of wording it... Technicaly it is true... the catholic church is an ofshoot of christianity. Yet they are adimate that it is "us" [protestants] who have gone astray. The last I heard they still believe that Peter was the first pope [ they have a complete list in the "student Merit Encyclopedia ] and they also claim infaliability of the pope. So evidently they are not mistaken about this [Big Grin]

I have been wondering how it is that the pope has been working toward "unity" with the protestant world... or is it the other way around ??

- have we lost sight of why we broke away in the first place?

- Is there are reason that we protestants would want to re-unite ?

- "IF" so why ?

I am scratching my head a bit here...

Oh... I am NOT against unity... I am against putting tradition ahead of a clear thus saith the Lord...

-Mary is not my savior

- we do not need "earthly priest' to confess our sins to.

-Purgitory is not in any way shape or form in the Bible

- the list goes on and on but those alone are deal breakers for me.

Keith
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our media seemed very impressed that the Pope repeated several times that he was ashamed of the child molesting situation in his church. Of course, what else could the man say? He said nothing however, about changing the extra biblical Roman Catholic dogma of priest celibacy, which is no doubt the root cause of the problem.

It is no surprise that our government, including the president gave the Pope a very warm welcome. Our government is largely composed of Roman Catholics. Almost thirty percent of our congress is RC, no doubt this is why the Pope received a congressional medal of honor in the recent past. Five out of nine of our Supreme court justices are RC, and 44 percent of the governors of the US are RC.

There were several RC candidates for president not to long ago, perhaps by the grace of God, there are none now. If we had an RC president, all three branches of our government, which is for checks and balances, would have been heavily influenced by the RC. That is not to say that it isn’t already, our government is already carrying out many RC policies.

While our government is seeing great increases in the number of RC politicians, the church of Rome is pressuring Rc politicians around the world to get back in line with church teachings. It is not hard to figure out what is going on here. Our government is being high jacked by the church of Rome, a plan that has been in the workings for the last two hundred years. It is a matter of biblical prophecy being fulfilled. Of course it is not just our country the church of Rome is interested in, it is the entire world. That is why she has a permanent seat at the UN, and the Vatican entertains ambassadors form one hundred and seventy six nations of the earth.

Of course, her first priority is to take control of the most powerful nation on earth, which is us. She is well on her way to doing so. On several different occasions throughout the history of our country, she has multiplied her numbers within the same through massive immigration, which of course is going on again right now through our Mexican border. Strange isn’t it, how paralyzed our government seems to be about addressing the situation. This is because it is carrying out the will of the church of Rome, rather than the will of the people. What is that old saying, a country divided by itself cannot stand.

The church of Rome has been the ruin of many a nation. It will be no different here. As her power and influence increase in this nation, so will our nation begin an irretrievable dive. This process has already begun. It was through the influence and principles, of the Protestant reformation that our government was formed, and achieved greatness in this world. As our country has been Romanizing, so to has it been deteriorating from within. This process will only gain momentum as our country is Romanized. Observe the following quote.

"But the success of the Papacy, when closely examined, is not so surprising as it looks. It cannot be justly pronounced legitimate, or fairly won. Rome has ever been swimming with the tide. The evils and passions of society, which a true benefactress would have made it her business to cure -at least, to alleviate -Rome has studied rather to foster into strength, that she might be borne to power on the foul current which she herself had created. Amid battles, bloodshed, and confusion, has her path lain. The edicts of subservient Councils, the forgeries of hireling priests, the arms of craven monarchs, and the thunderbolts of excommunication have never been wanting to open her path. Exploits won by weapons of this sort are what her historians delight to chronicle. These are the victories that constitute her glory! And then, there remains yet another and great deduction from the apparent grandeur of her success, in that, after all, it is the success of only a few -a caste -the clergy. For although, during her early career, the Roman Church rendered certain important services to society -of which it will delight us to make mention in fitting place when she grew to maturity, and was able to develop her real genius, it was felt and acknowledged by all that her principles implied the ruin of all interests save her own, and that there was room in the world for none but herself. If her march, as shown in history down to the sixteenth century, is ever onwards, it is not less true that behind, on her path, lie the wrecks of nations, and the ashes of literature, of liberty, and of civilization." (THE HISTORY OF PROTESTANTISM, Rev. James Aitken Wylie, LL.D)

Isaiah
Advanced Member
Member # 6699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isaiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is difficult not to offend some when talking about the subject of the Catholic church. I find it personally difficult to discuss it, as -in my experience -sincere Catholics are an excellent group of people who are quick to do good even to strangers and are quite genuine -as far as I can know -in their willingness to follow God. I certainly do not will to offend them or claim superiority in any way.

However, the Catholic church as an institution, its relationship with human governments throughout history and its role in altering what was to be believed and done by followers of Christ is the issue.

I did not follow the visit closely, so I can't comment on its significance specifically, but the role the Catholic church is playing at present is very significant.

It has been instrumental is helping the EU to become the powerhouse it is today, and has, throughout hisory, as evidenced by the many crusades, associated itself with powerful human governments with great military might.
It was instrumental in helping many nazis escape after WWII. It may have been pressured to do so -having a literal or figurative gun to its head - but that is a good example of how its power and status might be employed -or -in other words -how it has sat astride and played harlot to -nations. (Yes -God expects us to obey him and have faith in him even when we have a gun to our heads) I have heard it rumored that the present Pope was once a 'Nazi Youth'. I do not know this for certain, and would never hold such against anyone, as they had little choice in the matter. Such experiences can make one strong against inhumanity. I don't know. However, even if rumor, it is telling of the roots of the present situation.

Nazism is also a driving force behind the EU's success. In fact, the very idea of a united Europe was conceived by Nazi leaders. When WWII ended, we stopped fighting -but they never did -they had planned for the possibility of defeat, and have been waging a silent war ever since -by uniting Europe, leveraging the economies of its former foes, building an intellignece arm, miltary, GPS system -so on and so forth. This is not to say that all of Europe is of that mind, but this brings us to the relationships between Germany, Nazism, the EU, and the Catholic church -now and future.

Not all in Germany are "Aryan" -by blood -or "Nazi" -in their beliefs. Many Germans would not want what happened in WWII to happen again -others would be quite willing. Not all of the Europeans involved in the rise of the EU are of this mindset, either. The Catholic church as a whole would not want to help another tyrant to power, but evil is willing to infiltrate or corrupt any institution -it is not picky.

As for the future.... The bloodline of which SS officers had to be proven to be -and purely for many generations... is called Aryan, but it is actually -especially biblically -Assyrian. Not only Assyrian, but, specifically, descendents of the ruling and warring class of acient Assyria which -Under Ashur-Uballit II -retreated NW to Haran from Nineveh -then migrated NW over time to what is now Germany (Ezekiel 17, Eze 31:3-8). As it pertains to prophecy, the one called the beast (a political -not religious -leader -Rev 13:18)in the bible, who reigns over the beast that rises from abyss ( a political and military force/empire -the second beast is religious) will be of this bloodline -if not directly from Ashur Uballit II(Eze 17:22-24).

(see also

Isa 10, Hos 5:13, Isa 9:21, Isa 30:31, Isa 14:24-27, Isa 10:24-25, Dan 8:23-25, Dan 11:31, Dan 12:9-11, Luk 21:20-23, Mat 24:15-22, Mar 13:14-25)

www.kc3.co.uk/~dt/eu_army.htm

He will not be given the honor of the kingdom -that is... he will not be popular among his subjects -(Dan 11:21).

Also, the Catholic church will have a strained relationship with him and his ten kings -though they work in tandem as they rise -and will eventually be burned with fire...
(Rev 17:16-18)

Posts: 288 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tend to think that the LORD is only interested in Italy to the extent that Roman Italy came into contact with, and had to do with God's people in the first century A.D.

God chose the Roman Italy period of great military roads to introduce His Son Jesus of Nazareth to the world.

But when it comes to Papism and other offshoots of Christianity, they will be alongside Allah Islam and alongside Hinduism and Buddhism and Watunka and Molech and Amon, who all will be shown the right way.

I don't think the Pope is the false prophet or the beast or the wicked one or the son of perdition. I have other candidates for those titles.

Inside the Roman Catholic church are bornagain believers who have had a personal experience of their sinfulness before God and Christ; but the rest of the Roman Catholic church are as the unsaved or any religion on earth. No better, no worse, in the end, probably.

with love, eden

Forever His
Advanced Member
Member # 25

I'm just curious if anyone thinks that the visit of the pope to the U.S. has any significance in the scope of end time events ? and if so... what ?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement