Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » New Jerusalem – the Ideal Christian Society

Author Topic: New Jerusalem – the Ideal Christian Society
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alasdair:
Much of the Bible is devoted to building plans, designs for temples and for New Jerusalem. Many people think that New Jerusalem can only happen after we have died. However, this is not the case as shown on http://www.heyI'mjustpromotingmywebsite!!.co.uk.

Our society is not based on the words of Jesus. We have a self-centred capitalist society that is driven by money, not self-sacrifice as Jesus advocates. Using the words of Jesus, it is possible to identify the ideal Christian society. It would have no money; instead people would serve others by taking what they have grown or made to a central building. People would take what they needed and everyone would have enough. The city is about 2km by 2km in size and houses 144,000 people in accordance with design specifications in the Bible.

Some have suggested that this is a Communist idea – this is far from the truth. Communism meant that the Government owned everything, and essentially it was a dictatorship. By contrast, the ideal Christian society has no one to rule over it. Everyone is free to serve as they choose, and society is held together by the commandments of Jesus rather than by a dictatorial Government.

That aside - I think you're confusing this with ideas put forth by PLATO for his ideal city of Magnesia.

I think the Mount Kenya idea's a bit far-fetched, personally I prefer the New Jerusalem concept of the 12,000 furlongs & 144 cubits constructing a 3 dimensional cube figure which can contain a sphere the size of the earth itself.

John was in fact "revealing the earlier work of Eratosthenes.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alasdair
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by J4Jesus:
the people here ARE following Jesus.

That's excellent then, so we have no problem with any of the following verses: Luke 14:33, Mark 10:21, Luke 18,22, Matthew 19:21, Luke 12:33 and Luke 11:41. We don't try to tone them down or ignore them because of "grace", we just do exactly what they say because we know that there are 2.5 billion people out there living on less than $2 a day, who frequently die of poverty-related diseases and starvation.
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Alasdair. You said:

God requires us, the rich nations with permission from Kenyan authorities, to build this city on the top of Mount Kenya to house people who are currently in poverty.

Eden here:

Yeah, that's a good idea, alasdair, put the 2km x 2km building on TOP of Mount Kenya, so that everyone can reach it easily and take what they need and everyone can easily bring what they have brought.

alasdair continues:

This will provide the rich Nations a chance to redeem themselves in the eyes of God as well as providing for people who do not have adequate housing.

Eden here:

The rich nations do not need a chance to redeem themselves in the eyes of God; Jesus already redeemed the nations; neither the rich nor the poor nations can do anything to redeem themselves in the eyes of God.

As for Christians needing protection from God's endtime plagues:

Psalm 91:7
A thousand shall fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you.

Be blessed.
Eden

J4Jesus
unregistered

what do you mean alasdair?

the people here ARE following Jesus.

and if i may add, the REAL Jesus, not some strange view of Him.

alasdair
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Thunderz7:
I fully expect David to at least disable that link when he sees some of this stuff.

Yes I have noticed that censorship is common when certain Christians find something they don't like the look of, like following Jesus for example.
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You speak in general terms,
and post links but back nothing with real scripture.

As I said in one of your other threads,
I will not go back to you website and strongly recommend that no one else go there.
I fully expect David to at least disable that link when he sees some of this stuff.

If you can't post some scripture ON THIS SITE to back your claims, I am through with this.
So as I shake the dust from my shoes,
I leave you with the words of Paul
Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

I hope and pray you find the TRUTH
T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alasdair
unregistered

I'm not copying and pasting the whole website - please look at the articles online, especially http://www.worldends.co.uk/english/archive36.pdf .
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So please, give us the parables;
don't hide the light under a basket.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alasdair
unregistered

Would you like the Scripture to say this?

"In 2006, there will be a tsunami. After that you can go and do what you were meant to be doing for the last 2000 years, which was to follow Jesus. Since there are 2.5 billion people in poverty, perhaps it would be a good idea to provide housing for them. Look, we have here design specifications for the ideal city."

Scripture doesn't work like that. It is written in parables which have to be applied to what you see around you.

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

quote:
God requires us, the rich nations with permission from Kenyan authorities, to build this city on the top of Mount Kenya to house people who are currently in poverty. This will provide the rich Nations a chance to redeem themselves in the eyes of God as well as providing for people who do not have adequate housing.

Can you back this up with scripture?

quote:
Why Mount Kenya? The city has to be built on a mountain to survive the final plague of the time of the end; an asteroid impact. God has guided us to Mount Kenya as follows:
Scripture please!

quote:
(a) The Bible says that the city is built on top of a mountain
(a)you probably have scripture for this but it
would help to see it.

quote:
(b) The Great Rift Valley looks like a fish from satellite images
(b)the Rift Valley looking like a fish has what to do with scripture?

quote:
(c) Kenya is shaped like a bird

(c) shaped like a bird to who?
This relates to scripture how?

quote:
(d) Mount Kenya has a picture of a bird on the top and a dinosaur head on the bottom (dinosaurs also became extinct due to an asteroid impact but the smaller ones survived and become birds)
(d)Now you support evolution, which is totally contray to scriptural creation.

quote:
(e) Mount Kenya has a point called “Point Peter” where we must build – hence Jesus' church really will be built on a rock called Peter, unlike the current one which is built on Paul.
(e)Who calls it "Point Peter"?
What church is built on Paul?
Roman Catholic?
Orthidox?
Protestant?
Baptist (who claim not to be Protestant)?
Word of Faith?
Independants and non-denominational?

T7

alasdair
unregistered

-

Much of the Bible is devoted to building plans, designs for temples and for New Jerusalem. Many people think that New Jerusalem can only happen after we have died. However, this is not the case as shown on http://www.worldends.co.uk.

Our society is not based on the words of Jesus. We have a self-centred capitalist society that is driven by money, not self-sacrifice as Jesus advocates. Using the words of Jesus, it is possible to identify the ideal Christian society. It would have no money; instead people would serve others by taking what they have grown or made to a central building. People would take what they needed and everyone would have enough. The city is about 2km by 2km in size and houses 144,000 people in accordance with design specifications in the Bible.

Some have suggested that this is a Communist idea – this is far from the truth. Communism meant that the Government owned everything, and essentially it was a dictatorship. By contrast, the ideal Christian society has no one to rule over it. Everyone is free to serve as they choose, and society is held together by the commandments of Jesus rather than by a dictatorial Government.

God requires us, the rich nations with permission from Kenyan authorities, to build this city on the top of Mount Kenya to house people who are currently in poverty. This will provide the rich Nations a chance to redeem themselves in the eyes of God as well as providing for people who do not have adequate housing.

Why Mount Kenya? The city has to be built on a mountain to survive the final plague of the time of the end; an asteroid impact. God has guided us to Mount Kenya as follows:

(a) The Bible says that the city is built on top of a mountain
(b) The Great Rift Valley looks like a fish from satellite images
(c) Kenya is shaped like a bird
(d) Mount Kenya has a picture of a bird on the top and a dinosaur head on the bottom (dinosaurs also became extinct due to an asteroid impact but the smaller ones survived and become birds)
(e) Mount Kenya has a point called “Point Peter” where we must build – hence Jesus' church really will be built on a rock called Peter, unlike the current one which is built on Paul.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement