Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Two Minutes With the Bible (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Two Minutes With the Bible
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Itty-Bitty Girl. You said:

What is the good treasure of the heart, Eden?

Eden here:

I already answered that above but in brief the good treasure of the heart is what we as bornagain Christians PUT IN OUR HEARTS after we became Christians: we exchange the words of the world for the words of the Bible.

We hear good things from the Holy Spirit, and they go into our hearts too. Our faith is increased when we notice God answering our prayer, and that faith goes into our heart too.

All these things constitute “the good treasure of the heart” out of which a man draws. But only people who ARE reading the Bible and ARE listening to the Holy Spirit and ARE praying, end up with a good treasure in their heart.

Therefore the scripture says, “an evil man out of the EVIL treasure brings forth evil things” out of his heart, because HIS heart only contains WORLDLY knowledge, no DIVINE knowledge has been put into the evil man’s heart as learned from God thru the Bible and the Holy Spirit and prayer.

Matthew 12:35
A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Be blessed.

Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Itty-Bitty Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the good treasure of the heart, Eden?
Posts: 1051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Hi, Itty-Bitty Girl. You said:

What about repentance, Eden? What about resisting evil and sin?

Eden here:

I believe in repentance and in resisting evil and sin, Itty-Bitty Girl. That’s why I am so thankful that God has provided NEW WORDS for me to learn from His Bible and God has given me ACCESS to the wonderful counsel of His Holy Spirit, and God has given me permission to BOLDLY COME to the throne of grace in time of need through PRAYERS and PETITIONS.

Someone who seeks the wonderful help of those 3 Holy Things, that person will find repentance and change of heart and knowledge to resist evil, like giving back the $10 I was accidentally overpaid at the supermarket cash register.

Matthew 12:35
A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

What is the “good treasure of my heart”? The new Holy Things that I have put in there with the help of those 3 Holy Things. As I said to J4Jesus, unless he does these 3 things, he can complain all he wants about making no progress, but it will fall on deaf ears because God has already provided the 3 prescriptions for a “good treasure of the heart”.

Repentance and resisting evil happen as we go along in life. Before I became a Christian, when I took the name of God in vain, I didn’t care that I had done that;

But now that I am a Christian, when I take the name of God in vain, I tell Him “I’m sorry, Lord.” I am repentant, I “sorrow for it”.

But to what extent I will “never again take the name of the Lord in vain”, that I cannot tell you, Itty-Bitty Girl. Some Christians have THAT under control, while other Christians have something else under control. I all depends on how we were raised and on what kind of family we had.

But I do apologize to the Lord now, which I never would have done before I became a Christian. That, I believe, is repentance, not “never saying it EVER again” or ELSE!

Be blessed.

Eden

Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Icon 20 posted      Profile for Itty-Bitty Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about repentance, Eden? What about resisting evil and sin?
Posts: 1051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Hi, niel. You said:

To be born again (spiritual birth) is irreversible.

Eden here:

As long as we are alive we must “continue to believe that Jesus was and is the Son of God who died for us”; if we stop believing that, God will appoint us a place with the hypocrites and with the hypocrites will undergo the second death.

I must take “a continuous believing in Jesus’s sacrificial work” INTO death with me and then “to be born again (spiritual birth) will be irreversible, not before.

Hebrews 10:38
Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Hebrews 10:39
But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Be blessed.

Eden

niel
Community Member
Member # 6113

Icon 16 posted      Profile for niel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you this is short and powerful message.
I belief, because we where born out of incorruptible seed we inherit the character of Christ which was sealed with the Spirit so that we cannot become careless. The same happened with Jesus when He was in he flesh. Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered. We also are led, encourage or made suffer by the Spirit so that we become Christ like. To be born again (spiritual birth) is irreversible.
Love you my brother
Niel
[Smile]

Posts: 14 | From: South Afrika Pretoria | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok i'll try very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very hard...but i don't that'll be enough
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 3 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GRIEVE NOT THE SPIRIT
by Cornelius R. Stam

The first lesson each believer in Christ should learn is that immediately upon believing he is given everlasting life. Referring to this fact Ephesians 1:13,14 says:

"In whom ye also trusted, having heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also having believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise."

Mark well, the believer is not sealed by the Holy Spirit, but "with" the Holy Spirit. The Spirit Himself is the seal. Every sincere believer in Christ, then, should rejoice in an accomplished redemption and rest in the fact that the Holy Spirit will keep him eternally safe.

But while we cannot lose the Holy Spirit we can, and often do, grieve the Holy Spirit, as we read in Eph. 4:30. This is why we are told in Rom. 8:26 that the Spirit "helpeth our infirmities" and makes intercession for us, that we might live lives which please and honor God.

The wonderful fact is, however, that "nothing," not even an aggrieved Spirit shall "separate us from the love of God" (Rom. 8:38,39). Thus in the same breath with which the Apostle exhorts us not to grieve the Spirit he again reassures us that this same Spirit keeps us eternally safe:

"And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption" (Eph. 4:30).

Does this encourage careless living? Those who think so have missed the whole point of Paul’s appeal. The Apostle does not warn the believer that if he grieves the Spirit he will be lost. Rather, in grace he exhorts:

"Do not grieve the very Spirit who in mercy and love has sealed you as forever His own. Do not repay such love with such ingratitude."

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement