Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Who is blind?

Author Topic: Who is blind?
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
[QB]
Eden here:

I know about the third eye vision, I’ve experienced it. But that occurred INSIDE me, and has nothing to do with the LORD Yahweh who is another Being EXTERNAL to me. The existence of the third eye and the existence of the LORD, the God of Israel, are two separate things.

I would'nt really call that an all-encompassing situation, after all, you would acknowledge Him to have originally been the driving force, or "maker" of both your internal, as well as external being, no??

...and considering the spiritual vision being referred to, is a bonafide (altho possibly "unproven" clinically) biological phenomenon, facilitated (imho) by YHVH, I'd have to say the two really are'nt totally separate.

quote:

EL3LN3NT continued and quoted Eden:

quote: "But the pharisees supposedly had spiritual sight and they had physical sight; but their spiritual sight was taken away from them when they could not see Jesus as the Son of God."

...is kind of interesting, as it was thru this "spiritual sight" that the Christ was originally located by the 3 wise men, by means of the Star of Bethlehem, which is taken to be symbolic of this vision-at-a-distance by means of the activated pineal gland, symbolized as a shining point of light.

Eden here:

NO spiritual sight was needed by these wise men; all they needed was a star in the sky to lead them to Bethelehem.

That seems a bit too cut'n'dried. How could they discern, or interpret the situations, and meaning of the "star", and it's real-time connection to "Bethlehem", at the time this was all occurring?
quote:

EL3LN3NT said:

Having this faculty "taken away" could also be a reference to the fact that they were quite old.

Eden here:

The Pharisees were young enough to walk to where Jesus was and ask Jesus a question, or two. The Pharisees were still blind because they could not see that Jesus was the Son of God; but they could see physically. The blind man who was healed of his born-blind condition now could see physically AND spiritually that Jesus was the Son of God.

Well, whether one must be "young" in order to merely walk might be open to question, and they could have also been transported by other means such as carriage. I'm not sure what reference passage is being used in this case
quote:

And I think, EL3LN3NT, that you are blind too still; you also not yet believe that Jesus is the Son of God. And that is okay, I was blind once too, but now I can see.

In your profile you answer the question, “Are you a bornagain Christian?” with the phrase, “Hopefully In 4 months!”, which indicates to me too that you do not believe yet that Jesus is the Son of God?

Your first claim regarding blindness is a figurative, & not literal one I presume, and really, pro/con discussion of Christ's divinity is'nt on-topic for this thread, and I really had'nt made any comment in that area that I'm aware of. [Confused]

Ohhh! Nooo!! [Big Grin] By that, I mean we're expecting our next child sometime around the very first of '07!!

Hmm...I did'nt know "born again" had to do with Christian divinity issues [Confused] I'd always considered it to be a mis-applied term for one having had a religious enlightenment experience of some sort...so yes, indeed - I have had that as well(!), altho I don't consider it the real meaning of "born again" [Wink]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EL3LN3TN, what did u mean "Hopefully In 4 Months" in answer to whether you were a bornagain Christian?

Have a great day.

Eden

Eden
unregistered

Hi, EL3LN3NT. You said:

Ok - this is not my own personal confabulation - but there is a strain of thought that the second or "spiritual" sight refers to astral/etheric vision thru the activated pineal & pituitary systems ("third eye") possessed or claimed by some, but not all of the priesthood in that day.

Eden here:

I know about the third eye vision, I’ve experienced it. But that occurred INSIDE me, and has nothing to do with the LORD Yahweh who is another Being EXTERNAL to me. The existence of the third eye and the existence of the LORD, the God of Israel, are two separate things.

EL3LN3NT continued and quoted Eden:

quote: "But the pharisees supposedly had spiritual sight and they had physical sight; but their spiritual sight was taken away from them when they could not see Jesus as the Son of God."

...is kind of interesting, as it was thru this "spiritual sight" that the Christ was originally located by the 3 wise men, by means of the Star of Bethlehem, which is taken to be symbolic of this vision-at-a-distance by means of the activated pineal gland, symbolized as a shining point of light.

Eden here:

NO spiritual sight was needed by these wise men; all they needed was a star in the sky to lead them to Bethelehem.

EL3LN3NT said:

Having this faculty "taken away" could also be a reference to the fact that they were quite old.

Eden here:

The Pharisees were young enough to walk to where Jesus was and ask Jesus a question, or two. The Pharisees were still blind because they could not see that Jesus was the Son of God; but they could see physically. The blind man who was healed of his born-blind condition now could see physically AND spiritually that Jesus was the Son of God.

And I think, EL3LN3NT, that you are blind too still; you also not yet believe that Jesus is the Son of God. And that is okay, I was blind once too, but now I can see.

In your profile you answer the question, “Are you a bornagain Christian?” with the phrase, “Hopefully In 4 months!”, which indicates to me too that you do not believe yet that Jesus is the Son of God?

Be blessed,

Eden

EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok - this is not my own personal confabulation - but there is a strain of thought that the second or "spiritual" sight refers to astral/etheric vision thru the activated pineal & pituitary systems ("third eye") possessed or claimed by some, but not all of the priesthood in that day.

...is kind of interesting, as it was thru this "spiritual sight" that the Christ was originally located by the 3 wise men, by means of the Star of Bethlehem, which is taken to be symbolic of this vision-at-a-distance by means of the activated pineal gland, symbolized as a shining point of light. [Wink]

winniethepooh
Community Member
Member # 6131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for winniethepooh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How true this is? I would think it would be so much worse to be spiritually blind than to be literally so.
Posts: 15 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

In John 9:39, Jesus said to the blind man who had been healed, which was also overheard by the Pharisees in v.40

John 9:39 (NKJV)
And Jesus aid, For judgment I have come into the world, that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may be made blind.

The blind man was originally physically blind, but he received his physical sight and also his spiritual sight in that he was able to worship and see Jesus as the Son of God (vv. 35-38).

But the pharisees supposedly had spiritual sight and they had physical sight; but their spiritual sight was taken away from them when they could not see Jesus as the Son of God.

And it was only the mercy of God that their physical sight was not taken away from them right there and then too.

Be blessed.

Eden

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement