Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Bible codes

Author Topic: Bible codes
Rogg
Advanced Member
Member # 5394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rogg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They have used Bible code software on other books and have yielded the same type of results, I believe the secrets are given by the Holy Spirit directly, and to interpret the Bible by other means than the Holy Spirit, you open yourself up to divination and lying spirits.
Posts: 83 | From: St. Louis MO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arent this codes generated by a software to be able to unlock them?

And if it was by a software a man made, what good is in there for?

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a tuffy. Athough I have actually seen some provoking work, for ex. proving that Luke authored Acts by examining code which counted xyz, which may find reasurrance on validation, but the problem for me comes in the very act that a believer further seeks validation might cast the shadow of disbelief.

The code finder program was not searching for validation in this one case, it was a random experiment, but I am trying to make a point here. Perhaps a question would do it best> Can we, knowing that (worldly) knowledge will increase, and the thirst will not be for water but for the word of truth - can we then seek this hyper technology modality and still be setting our affections on things not on this earth, but on things above where Christ sitteth at the right hand of God at the same time?

Does it help us to better come to an acknowledgment that God has spoken and given us His interpretation of His redemptive plan, or does it rather seek to distract us from our acknowledgment of the great God Jesus Christ the Lord and Saviour from His rightful place, in us?

I mean, I use tools. I think we can use tools to track, for example, the ancient root sylables and linguistical occurrances whereby the Holy Spirit has revealed His definitions of His chosen Words. I think these computers can be both useful and harmful.

What does the Bible say?

2Ti 1:13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

Tit 1:1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; 2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; 3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching...

1Ti 4:9 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. 10 For therefore we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those that believe. 11 These things command and teach. 12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. 13 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

Pro 8:14 Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.
()
Pro 8:17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just wondering what everyone's opinion is on the so called 'Bible Code'? Personally I'm kinda neutral of it and wonder if we should even be doing it, but I haven't formed a real opinion yet. Just wondering what my brothers and sisters thought about it...
Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement