Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » WHY THE AMERICAN FLAG

Author Topic: WHY THE AMERICAN FLAG
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHY THE AMERICAN FLAG IS FOLDED 13 TIMES
Have you ever noticed on TV or at military funerals that the honor guard pays meticulous attention to correctly folding the American flag 13 times?

I've known how the 21 gun salute was determined (adding the individual digits of 1776), but only recently learned why the flag was folded 13 times when it is lowered or when it is folded and handed to the widow at the burial of a veteran. Here it is:

The first fold of our flag is a symbol of life.

The second fold is a symbol of our belief in eternal life.

The third fold is made in honor and remembrance of the veterans departing our ranks who gave a portion of their lives for the defense of our country to attain peace throughout the world.

The fourth fold represents our weaker nature, for as American citizens trusting in God, it is to Him we turn in times of peace as well as in time of war for His divine guidance.

The fifth fold is a tribute to our country, for in the words of Stephen Decatur, "Our Country, in dealing with other countries, may she always be right; but it is still our country, right or wrong."

The sixth fold is for where our hearts lie. It is with our heart that we pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States Of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.

The seventh fold is a tribute to our Armed Forces, for it is through the Armed Forces that we protect our country and our flag against all her enemies, whether they be found within or without the boundaries of our republic.

The eighth fold is a tribute to the one who entered into the valley of the shadow of death, that we might see the light of day, and to honor mother, for whom it flies on Mother's Day.

The ninth fold is a tribute to womanhood; for it has been through their faith, their love, loyalty and devotion that the character of the men and women who have made this country great has been molded.

The tenth fold is a tribute to the father, for he, too, has given his sons and daughters for the defense of our country since they were first born.

The eleventh fold, in the eyes of a Hebrew citizen represents the lower portion of the seal of King David and King Solomon, and glorifies in their eyes, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

The twelfth fold, in the eyes of a Christian citizen, represents an emblem of eternity and glorifies, in their eyes, God the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit.

When the flag is completely folded, the stars are uppermost reminding us of our nation's motto, "In God We Trust".
After the flag is completely folded and tucked in, it takes on the appearance of a cocked hat, ever reminding us of the soldiers who served under General George Washington, and the sailors and marines who served under Captain John Paul Jones, who were followed by their comrades and shipmates in the Armed Forces of the United States, preserving for us the rights, privileges, and freedoms we enjoy today. There are some traditions and ways of doing things which have deep meaning. You will see many flags folded in the coming weeks, and now you will know why.

--------------------
That is all.....

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 9 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOOKS LIKE SCOTUS needs to be put under the MICROSCOPE, big time. (supremes are not GOD)....in 1989 and also 1990-they decided that it's a Constitutional right to "burn the American Flag". Well, guess what - for hundreds of years this was only done to retire a tattered flag ceremonially. So if this is now going to become a MOCKERY and sheer HATE to spite PATRIOTIC AMERICANS...bring it. Just bring it. I've been writing about this issue-and-I am not going to Stand Down..No way...You burn the flag, you go to jail or get the heck out of this country - I'm all for what Pres. Trump said...and I'm not alone in this. I just hope he keeps Nikki Haley out of this issue because she's a turncoat. Burning the American Flag using chants of hatred--is not freedom of expression and freedom of speech. It's destroying property, in the most violent way to make a point. It's a hate crime & its Arson! It's a dangerous form of protest.....it's not peaceful. SO - DENNIS - this is a topic that needs to be exploited until it explodes! I'm not backing off on this issue, and I was never in the military but I respect and admire every person who has served, survived and not survived. It's time PATRIOTISM rules and reigns with President Trump!! And I tell people, if you don't like it go stick your head in a toilet. Go do something stupid to yourself because these flag burners are stupid stupid people.

LIBERALS STARTS A FLAG BURNING CHALLENGE. Video
http://dennismichaellynch.com/liberals-go-outrageous-flagburning-challenge/

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And 13 for the tribe of Manasseh. Joseph had a double portion, as Ephraim and Manasseh were adopted as Jacob’s sons.

Joseph was the 11th son, Benjamin was the 12th son.

But when Joseph is taken out of that position and moved to the positions of Ephraim and Manasseh, then Benjamin became the 11th son, Ephraim became the 12th son {for he was preferred over Manasseh}, and Manasseh, who was less important than Ephraim, became the 13th son.

I am personally convinced that much of Isaac-Ephraim-Israel is currently living in the isles of the sea, in the British isles, among Ireland, Scotland, and England.

And that Manasseh, the 13th son, spun off England and became the initial 13 states of America.

Also on the back of the dollar bill, everything is 13.

13 arrows, 13 layers in the pyramid, 13 stars in the firmament, count 'em, all 13. It’s because the United States is apparently Manasseh, the 13th son of Jacob-Israel, spun off Ephraim, which is in the British isles of the North Sea.

"british" means "ish beryth" or "man of the covenant", "british" we call it now. isn't it curious that the people of Israel are spoken of as being in the isles?

Isaiah 24:15
Wherefore glorify the LORD in the fires, even the name of the LORD God of Israel in the isles of the sea.

In the isles of the sea? why? because Ephraim-Israel became the anglo-saxons, the "sons of Isaac" the "isaac-sons", the "saacsons", the "saxons", "the sons of Isaac":

Amos 7:9
And the high places of Isaac shall be desolate, and the sanctuaries of Israel shall be laid waste; and I will rise against the house of Jeroboam with the sword.

i.e., Isaac, Israel, the house of Jeroboam, i.e., the northern kingdom which was taken captive to Assyria and later when Assyria was defeated by Medes and Chaldeans, Isaac, Israel, the house of Jeroboam, slipped north through the Caucasus Pass and entered Europe as the Scythians, or "wanderers".

"Scot" of "scotland" means the same thing, "wanderers":

Hosea 9:17
My God will cast them away, because they did not hearken unto him: and they shall be wanderers among the nations.

Jeremiah 31:10
Hear the word of the LORD, O you nations, and declare it in the isles afar off, and say, He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd does his flock.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHY THE AMERICAN FLAG IS FOLDED 13 TIMES
Have you ever noticed on TV or at military funerals that the honor guard
pays meticulous attention to correctly folding the American flag 13
times?

I've known how the 21 gun salute was determined (adding the individual
digits of 1776), but only recently learned why the flag was folded 13
times when it is lowered or when it is folded and handed to the widow at
the burial of a veteran. Here it is:

The first fold of our flag is a symbol of life.

The second fold is a symbol of our belief in eternal life.

The third fold is made in honor and remembrance of the veterans
departing our ranks who gave a portion of their lives for the defense of
our country to attain peace throughout the world.

The fourth fold represents our weaker nature, for as American citizens
trusting in God, it is to Him we turn in times of peace as well as in
time of war for His divine guidance.

The fifth fold is a tribute to our country, for in the words of Stephen
Decatur, "Our Country, in dealing with other countries, may she always
be right; but it is still our country, right or wrong."

The sixth fold is for where our hearts lie. It is with our heart that
we pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States Of America, and to
the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible,
with Liberty and Justice for all.

The seventh fold is a tribute to our Armed Forces, for it is through the
Armed Forces that we protect our country and our flag against all her
enemies, whether they be found within or without the boundaries of our
republic.

The eighth fold is a tribute to the one who entered into the valley of
the shadow of death, that we might see the light of day, and to honor
mother, for whom it flies on Mother's Day.

The ninth fold is a tribute to womanhood; for it has been through their
faith, their love, loyalty and devotion that the character of the men
and women who have made this country great has been molded.

The tenth fold is a tribute to the father, for he, too, has given his
sons and daughters for the defense of our country since they were first
born.

The eleventh fold, in the eyes of a Hebrew citizen represents the lower
portion of the seal of King David and King Solomon, and glorifies in
their eyes, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

The twelfth fold, in the eyes of a Christian citizen, represents an
emblem of eternity and glorifies, in their eyes, God the Father, the
Son, and Holy Spirit.

When the flag is completely folded, the stars are uppermost reminding us
of our nation's motto, "In God We Trust".
After the flag is completely folded and tucked in, it takes on the
appearance of a cocked hat, ever reminding us of the soldiers who served
under General George Washington, and the sailors and marines who served
under Captain John Paul Jones, who were followed by their comrades and
shipmates in the Armed Forces of the United States, preserving for us the
rights, privileges, and freedoms we enjoy today. There are some traditions
and ways of doing things which have deep meaning. You will see many flags
folded in the coming weeks, and now you will know why.

--------------------
That is all.....

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement