Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » did I curse Him today?

Author Topic: did I curse Him today?
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay, I guess I can go golfing again then. [Big Grin]

dadburnit, Jack rabbit, squirrel-by-the-hole.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Taking the name of the Lord in vain is NOT cursing!!!

That is but another one of Satan's lies!!!

What is it then?

Eze 13:3
Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow their own spirit, and have seen nothing!

Jer 23:1
Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD.
Jer 23:2
Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the LORD.

when you see on tv, or in your own church, a man or woman that says the Lord told them...then they ARE TAKING THE LORD'S NAME IN VAIN.

Pro 15:2
The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.
Pro 15:3
The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
Pro 15:4
A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.

Paul said he was given the final word of the Lord:

Col 1:25
Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God

We know that Christ is not now manifest, that He is hid in God:

Col 3:3
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Mat 24:4
And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5
For many shall come in my name, saying, I (Christ) am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Mat 24:11
And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exodus 20:7
(7) "You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain.

There is A LOT more to this than people realize.

TAKE: H5375 - nâśâ' nâsâh:
to lift, bear up, carry, take up

NAME: H8034 - shêm:
by implication honor, authority, character:

VAIN: H7723 - shâv':
1) emptiness, vanity, falsehood
1a) emptiness, nothingness, vanity
1b) emptiness of speech, lying
1c) worthlessness (of conduct)

So this applies to more than using God's name as a curse word.

It applies to DOING things, claiming to be OF Him, that is not.

Killing an abortion doctor in God's name is one example.

But anytime we TAKE UP The AUTHORITY or CHARACTER of Yahweh or YaShua FALSELY (not truly led by Him)we break this commandment.

So next time you claim to do something OF God, rethink this application.

By claiming to be Christians we are TAKING UP the name of Jesus in our interactions with others.

When people know that you take up the name of Jesus, how do they see you in your work - business environment??

If you have any type of Christian bumper sticker on your car, how do people see you drive as you take up the name of Jesus??

What videos do you rent or buy TAKING UP the name of Jesus?? Music?? Books??

I pray this humbles you as you meditate on this verse as it does me.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyearandcounting
Advanced Member
Member # 4449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneyearandcounting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The intesting thing about Peter swearing and cursing was he had not been filled with the spirit yet.

God bless
greg

--------------------
Acts9:18 And straightway there fell from his eyes as it were scales, and he received his sight; and he arose and was baptized.

Posts: 183 | From: winder Ga | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Using God's Name in vain is not one of my issues, but I feel guilty about my own kind of curse words. You know like:
datburn it, shoot, dang it, Jack Rabbit, etc. I try really hard not to but then I drop something on my foot and out pops one of those words.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exodus 20:7
You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

Does the above verse mean that I should no longer play golf?

Today I found that during the game, I cursed the name of God a couple of times.

Is anyone completely free from that habit?

Or would “just that one circumstance” bring a curse out of any bornagain Christian?
Is there anyone on this CBBS who never curses anymore?

Matthew 26:74
Then began he {Peter} to curse and to swear, saying, I don’t know the man. And immediately the **** crew.

Now, mind you, I do try to watch my tongue. But golf is what it is and freeways are what they are.

May the Name of the LORD God of Israel be blessed forever.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement