Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » It's About Time

Author Topic: It's About Time
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truth and light by the Lord Christ Jesus, in His Word while seeing a word concerning time. I am not going to expostit this, probably my shortest post yet, lol.

But God said moreover ‘thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel. The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: This is my name for ever *unto the age*, and This is My memorial unto all generations’ - Exod. 3:15 -. The title Lord is in the original the name Jehovah, a title expanded by John in the Revelation as ‘Him, which is, and which was, and which is to come’ - Rev. 1:4,8 -, and by the apostle when writing to the Hebrews ‘Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and for ever’ - Heb. 13:8 -. It is the title of the Lord of the Ages, a title connected with time, the Lord of purpose and of redemption. It is a title that is so intimately linked with time and fulfilment that the R.V. of Revelation 11:17 omits the last clause of the title, reading only ‘Which art and which wast’ because the Lord will have then ‘come’ and so fulfilled the meaning of His great name.

Now this is important here:

The first words of the Bible strike the note of time: ‘In the beginning’ - Gen. 1:1 -. [The use of these words as a title of Christ in Revelation 3:14 warns us that there may be much more than ‘time’ intended by the phrase ‘In the beginning’.] If creation is not eternal and had a beginning there must have been time before creation, and, when heaven and earth pass away, there will still be time, otherwise we could not say the words ‘before’ and ‘after’. This present age *world* was called into being during a period of six days; creation and time march together.

To anticipate the possible interposition, I quote it for you, that ‘time’ shall be ‘no longer’ - Rev. 10:6 -. Seeing that there must come after this proclamation the thousand years reign of Christ, it is evident that the mighty angel of Revelation 10 is not speaking of the cessation of time as such. I would urge to consult the original, noting the occurrences of the word in question.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement