Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » With Jesus - Compassion First

Author Topic: With Jesus - Compassion First
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems to me it is the Pharisees and Scribes, the very leadership of Israel that were the fake Jews, not the poor outcast of Israel, but were she a non Jew Christ had already proven He would not speak to any gentiles for the hearing of the word, why the one He declared, I am not sent but to...Israel, and again, the gentile woman touched His skirt from behind when He was traveling.

Look at the verse again, there is much more, but that is sufficient, as it names not only the well, but the giver, as well as the name of the place.

Joh 4:5
Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is
called Sychar,

near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph.

Gen 33:19
And he bought a parcel of a field, where he had spread his tent, at the hand of the children of Hamor,

Shechem's father,

for a hundred pieces of money.

Gen 33:20
And he erected there an altar, and called it El-elohe-Israel.

Jos 24:32
And the bones of Joseph, which the children of Israel brought up out of Egypt, buried they in Shechem, in a parcel of ground which Jacob bought of the sons of Hamor the father of Shechem for a hundred pieces of silver: and it became the inheritance of the children of Joseph.

Joh 4:12
Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?

Now Jacobs well was there...

Gen 49:22 Joseph is a fruitful bough, even a fruitful bough by a well; whose branches run over the wall

Joh 4:10
Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

Noteworthy is that only the Israelites were in possession of the oracles, only an Israelite woman could possibly "saith unto him, I know that Messiah cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things".

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear brother epouraniois, I want to thank the Lord for making me a typist so that I can participate on this CBBS.

You wrote
quote:
Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?

"Our father Jacob who gave us the well..." can mean that there were still poor of Israel who had been left on the land of Samaria by the Assyrian king and these poor of Israel mixed in with the mostly Hamite groups which the Assyrian king brought, mostly from Hamite Lebanon.

That such a poor woman of Israel might have met Him at the well to give Him water may well have been the case.

On the other hand, she may have been an out-'n-out Samaritan woman, doesn't it say, "a Samaritan woman" that the disciples wondered why He was talking to her. Wouldn't a woman of Israel have retained her Israeliteness to the point of still being recognizable by the disciples?

John 4
7There comes a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.

9Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, who am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.

27And upon this came his disciples, and they marvelled that he talked with the woman: yet no man said, What seekest thou? or, Why talkest thou with her?

The disciples definitely thought this woman was a Samaritan, Hamite transplant woman, and not an Israelite.

Would the poor of Shemite Israel have become so mixed with the Hamite Samaritans that the disciples could no longer recognize her as an Israelite? I suppose that is possible.

The people of northern Israel, including this region of Shechem and Sychar, belonged I think to Ephraim-Israel, and after Rehoboam, the northern tribes of Israel abandoned the LORD and followed after two golden calves and after Baal and after a few other so-called gods, but ignored the LORD enough that they might have mixed with Hamite Samaritans by the time the Lord Yahshua-Jesus came by the well of Jacob.

On the other hand, the Biblical evidence seems to suggest that she was a Hamite Samaritan, because the Samaritans had adopted kind of a "fake" Judaism, to put it in a short phrase, only with the alteration that mount Gerizim was now the LORD's mountain instead of mount Zion.

So on the basis of the "fake" religion of the Hamite Samaritans that she had learned from her Samaritan forefathers, she would say, as a Samaritan woman,
quote:

God blessings to you, BORN AGAIN by the [Cross] of Yahshua-Jesus, a son of David, born in Bethlehem-Judah, as Micah 5:2 said.
epouraniois
unregistered

Joh 4:5
Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph.

Gen 33:19
And he bought a parcel of a field, where he had spread his tent, at the hand of the children of Hamor, Shechem's father, for a hundred pieces of money.
Gen 33:20
And he erected there an altar, and called it El-elohe-Israel.

The woman lived in Sumaria, but her bloodline was of Israel, of course Christ the Lord Jesus knows all things, and knew this as well.

HisGrace
unregistered

Mark 6:34
When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things. [Cross]

HisGrace
unregistered

The most compelling story is the one of the woman caught in adultery -

John 8:1-11 Jesus returned to the Mount of Olives, but early the next morning he was back again at the Temple. A crowd soon gathered, and he sat down and taught them. As he was speaking, the teachers of religious law and Pharisees brought a woman they had caught in the act of adultery. They put her in front of the crowd.

"Teacher," they said to Jesus, "this woman was caught in the very act of adultery. The law of Moses says to stone her. What do you say?"

They were trying to trap him into saying something they could use against him, but Jesus stooped down and wrote in the dust with his finger. They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said, "All right, stone her. But let those who have never sinned throw the first stones!" Then he stooped down again and wrote in the dust.

When the accusers heard this, they slipped away one by one, beginning with the oldest, until only Jesus was left in the middle of the crowd with the woman. Then Jesus stood up again and said to her, "Where are your accusers? Didn't even one of them condemn you?" "No, Lord," she said. And Jesus said, "Neither do I. Go and sin no more."

HisGrace
unregistered

We can see from the scriptures Jesus' great compassion towards sinners. In the following cases he didn't walk up to them and say "Oh what a wicked and sinful person you are." Firstly, he showed unconditional love and often rebuked the hypocracy of the onlookers.

Jesus Heals a Lame Man John 5:1-15 -Afterward Jesus returned to Jerusalem for one of the Jewish holy days. Inside the city, near the Sheep Gate, was the pool of Bethesda, with five covered porches. Crowds of sick people--blind, lame, or paralyzed--lay on the porches.One of the men lying there had been sick for thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him and knew how long he had been ill, he asked him, "Would you like to get well?"
"I can't, sir," the sick man said, "for I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred up. While I am trying to get there, someone else always gets in ahead of me." Jesus told him, "Stand up, pick up your sleeping mat, and walk!"

Instantly, the man was healed! He rolled up the mat and began walking! But this miracle happened on the Sabbath day.So the Jewish leaders objected. They said to the man who was cured, "You can't work on the Sabbath! It's illegal to carry that sleeping mat!" He replied, "The man who healed me said to me, `Pick up your sleeping mat and walk.' "

"Who said such a thing as that?" they demanded. The man didn't know, for Jesus had disappeared into the crowd. But afterward Jesus found him in the Temple and told him, "Now you are well; so stop sinning, or something even worse may happen to you." Then the man went to find the Jewish leaders and told them it was Jesus who had healed him.

Jesus and the Samaritan Woman John 4:1-15-
Jesus learned that the Pharisees had heard, "Jesus is baptizing and making more disciples than John"(though Jesus himself didn't baptize them--his disciples did). So he left Judea to return to Galilee.

He had to go through Samaria on the way. Eventually he came to the Samaritan village of Sychar, near the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph. Jacob's well was there; and Jesus, tired from the long walk, sat wearily beside the well about noontime. Soon a Samaritan woman came to draw water, and Jesus said to her, "Please give me a drink." He was alone at the time because his disciples had gone into the village to buy some food.

The woman was surprised, for Jews refuse to have anything to do with Samaritans. She said to Jesus, "You are a Jew, and I am a Samaritan woman. Why are you asking me for a drink?" Jesus replied, "If you only knew the gift God has for you and who I am, you would ask me, and I would give you living water."

"But sir, you don't have a rope or a bucket," she said, "and this is a very deep well. Where would you get this living water? And besides, are you greater than our ancestor Jacob who gave us this well? How can you offer better water than he and his sons and his cattle enjoyed?"

Jesus replied, "People soon become thirsty again after drinking this water. But the water I give them takes away thirst altogether. It becomes a perpetual spring within them, giving them eternal life."

"Please, sir," the woman said, "give me some of that water! Then I'll never be thirsty again, and I won't have to come here to haul water."

~Notice that Jesus didn't even call her a sinner. Because of his deep unconditional love, she was convicted and asked him for the living water.It was after her conversion that Jesus reminded of her sin.

Vrs's 16-18 "Go and get your husband," Jesus told her."I don't have a husband," the woman replied. Jesus said, "You're right! You don't have a husband-- for you have had five husbands, and you aren't even married to the man you're living with now."

-

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement