Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Deceptions of spiritualism

Author Topic: Deceptions of spiritualism
PetriFB
Advanced Member
Member # 4979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PetriFB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
dear brother PetriFB, I want to thank the Lord first of all for the Internet so that brothers and sisters in Christ can bond together in Christ electronically. Amazing. Lucifer-Satan has got to be livid-furious about that.

As for evil spirits impersonating deceased people, my mother lived in a certain city of the USA and 3 days after my mother's mother had died in a certain faraway city, my mother had an appearance in the doorway of her bedroom, of her deceased mother, with a golden glow around her head and wearing a purple dress.

My mother wrote of it to her sister in that faraway city, and that sister wrote back, "how eerie, mother had just such a purple dress as you describe".

It has been my opinion that this was one of Lucifer-Satan's minions or imps (call the miserable ones what you will), impersonating my mother in my mother's doorway.

Do you agree with that, brother PetriFB?

thank you, Finland. BORN AGAIN [Cross]

I agree ... may GBU ....
Posts: 162 | From: Finland | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear brother PetriFB, I want to thank the Lord first of all for the Internet so that brothers and sisters in Christ can bond together in Christ electronically. Amazing. Lucifer-Satan has got to be livid-furious about that.

As for evil spirits impersonating deceased people, my mother lived in a certain city of the USA and 3 days after my mother's mother had died in a certain faraway city, my mother had an appearance in the doorway of her bedroom, of her deceased mother, with a golden glow around her head and wearing a purple dress.

My mother wrote of it to her sister in that faraway city, and that sister wrote back, "how eerie, mother had just such a purple dress as you describe".

It has been my opinion that this was one of Lucifer-Satan's minions or imps (call the miserable ones what you will), impersonating my mother in my mother's doorway.

Do you agree with that, brother PetriFB?

thank you, Finland. BORN AGAIN [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PetriFB
Advanced Member
Member # 4979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PetriFB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the other hand, when it is a question of spiritualism and connection beyond the border, there is also a question of another similar matter than UFO. For in spiritualism it is believed that around and nearby us there are also other things besides mere air and these are mainly deceased spirits, with whom people can be connected by receiving and delivering messages through them.

Many people also like to think that they have been in contact with their relatives and their next-of-kin, getting messages from them. On the other hand, some other people believe that they have been in contact with well-known people such as Napoleon, Picasso, Carl Jung, Pharaohs, Kings or even with persons who are mentioned in the New Testament. As an example we can perhaps regard the famous medium, Arthur Ford, who is claimed to have been in connection with 8000 deceased persons.

You may ask, is it possible that in this case, just as in the UFO phenomena, that this is only a question of deceit? Many people who have been dealing with these matters do not take into consideration that it is a great mistake in their life.

We are going to look at this matter closely and mainly from the point of view that there is a spirit world which tries to lead people into separation from God. We look at this matter the light of these following points:

- There is a spirit world
- Why is a medium needed?
- Observations of the practice
- What does the Bible say about the whereabouts of the dead?
- "In connection only with good spirits".
- Where do the ghost phenomena come from?

The evil spirits. The second thing, which can be done is that if any spirit appears to you and trouble you, they can be dealt with easily. They live between the earth and the heaven, and can trouble people such as is told to us in the Bible. (However, they are easy to drive away in the name of Jesus, Mark 10:17, if you first turn to him.) In other words you have been in contact with the evil spirits, not the spirits of the dead. Note the following verses:

- (1 Cor 10:19-20) Do I mean then that a sacrifice offered to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything?
20. No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons.

- (Deut 32:17) They sacrificed to demons, which are not God- gods they had not known, gods that recently appeared, gods your fathers did not fear.

http://koti.phnet.fi/elohim/spiritualism

May GBU!

Posts: 162 | From: Finland | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement