Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » so which saints are these? And, where did they go?

Author Topic: so which saints are these? And, where did they go?
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rarely have an opinion, mostly try to help draw out the meaning and connection of verese, so I shall point to a couple of verses:

Ecc 12:7
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Now this next one is revealing as it can be:

Rev 22:6 And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to show unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.

Itis the angel speaking here is the point:

Rev 22:8
And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which showed me these things.
Rev 22:9
Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellow servant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

Did you catch it? This angel is one of the OT prophets, a fellow servant, meaning the same tribe as John, John's very brethren.

Why are they dead to be raised first? Because they are already with Him. Not in heaven where He is, as He is now hid in God. But in a heaven that is higher than the one we see with our eyes. Read about the great gulf between those who have not the water of the word contrasted against those who have it. Remember, He went and preached to the spirits in prison.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
epoouraniois, as a quick aside, where are the OT saints now in your opinion?

thanks, BORN AGAIN [Cross]

epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Greek demands that these are newly buried, and well known relatives of those to whom they would preach. Truly, the Lord was longsuffering in His promise, Forgive them Father, they know not what they do, and with Peter, placing Prayers surrounding him, for the devil desireth to sift you like wheat Peter.
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 27
50 Then Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the spirit.

51 And, look, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks broke;

52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints whos slept arose,

53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared to many.

1. Who were these saints?

2. Where did they go after they appeared to many in the holy city?

Thanks, BORN AGAIN by the [Cross]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement