Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Ultra-Dispensationalism

Author Topic: Ultra-Dispensationalism
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The purpose of asking those particular questions was to begin a thinking process leading up to the facts that, although John the Baptist did preach the good news, it was valid when it was preached, it leaves out the atoning blood of Christ, says nothing of His resurrection, not to mention the cross. John the Baptist had a simply and straightforward message. It was two fold. One was to coming of the promised Lord of the OT. One was to the pharasees there that Israel was to be hewn down soon.

Mat 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
Mat 3:10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire

John is quoting Scripture, for Israel, it was time to receive the promised Messiah, God with us. That was the good news. The alternitive to receiving all that God had to offer was foretold just as much as the good news of the gospel of the coming kingdom.

The Lord Christ Jesus had the same ministry, saying repent the kingdom is at hand, it is near. Warning that every tree that fails to bear fruit was to cut down to the root. The root is the prophets. That is what the NT kingdom was always built on.

Nevertheless, we read of more than one gospel, more than one good news. Throughout the Gospels, although the good news was preached, today we find them to be incomplete, for as the Lord Chrsit Jesus clearly said, He would send the Comforter who was to speak of Him, glorify Him, and teach them all things:

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

So then, by our Lord and Saviors own decree, He had not told them all things. All things would not be revealed till after the Comforter would be sent. So there is even more good news that is later revealed. This means a more complete gospel.

Act 26:16 alone tells us that in Paul alone, there would be two gospels preached. One of the things he had seen, and one the Lord would reveal to him later.

There is the gospel of the circumcision, set against the gospel of the uncircumcision in Galations.

What dispensationalism brings into focus, is a belief that God has an overall plan. And in this plan runs a certain standard, a certain truth which applies to everyone in all times, such as sin and death and the need of a Savior, the means is the same, it is by the blood of the risen Christ by His sacrifice on the tree when He stooped down and took on the form of a slave *servant*.

But there are other things which are very specific, applying only to the time and the people to which they are addressed.

That God has made distinctions, calling them be name, showing by example, contrast, type, and shadow as to the direction His plan unfolds.

Dispensationalists believe that God has made divisions. I believe further that before all nations were sent the Salvation of God, when God's outworking was dealing only for Israel's hope, there was no reason for the instruction to be rightly dividing. It was all written for them, to them. They alone had the oracles of God. But when the Salvation of God was sent to the nations and Israel fell into the Lo-ammi prophecy, set amidst the nations in an untold period of abayance, that us nations receive the instruction that we need to be rightly dividing the word of truth. This is contrasted against being found ashamed.

In Galatians, Paul emphatically preached that if any came preaching another gospel than the one he preached, “let him be accursed”. Then after Acts, that is exactly what Paul did. Being that this is all God-Breathed inspired writing, how could Paul say accursed is another Gospel, then proceed to do that very thing? Well, it is because the gospel to those during Acts had their special gospel. Only after Israel refused national repentance did the apostle preach another gospel to another people.

So we have real problems, if we are to believe there was only one gospel preached. The only answer is that different messages are given to different people according to the specific nature in God's outworking as it fits into the overall plan of redeeming the whole world.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation:

This doesn’t speak to the Jews, it says “your salvation”. In ch2, Paul anticipates himself here in 1. 13, to v5, so leading onto the target audience in v11, where we find he is speaking to the nations, and not the Jews.

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, by (grace ye are saved;)
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Was there any gospel ever preached without grace? Nope. That isn’t the difference here. Salvation is always by grace. The difference is that it is written for the heavenly hope of the nations, and not written to the hope of the Jews kingdom that was offered back in Acts.

In Romans *Acts*, we find, that it is written to Jew and gentile believers in the churches at Rome. That isn’t the same gospel as Ephesians then. That one brought the gentile believer in under the promises made with Israel.

Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery;

The mystery of Christ was never revealed completely until it was made known unto Paul, as revealed in Acts 26:16, that it would be.

Before acts 28:28 no one ever heard about Christ being the head of the church, which is His body. Till this point, AD62-64, the kingdom was preached, not the church.

Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

And beyond that, Christ is the head over all things in creation, both in heaven and in earth. Before these teachings, no one ever considered going up into heaven and sitting at the right hand of God, but we are now told that the calling in this church, the church which is His body, is teaching this very thing, the glorious position found with Christ far above all heavens. This is not the same gospel as any to come before or since.

It cannot be the same gospel taught by Peter, or Stephen, or James, or Jude, or Christ, or John.

This new gospel expands the position of the believer far above all. It couldn’t be preached at any earlier time. It was hid in God, until God revealed it unto Paul. And that wasn't till after Acts was over historically. Meaning after Israel took her place amidst the nations, there house desolate. They sealed their fate at Rome.

When Christ said, in Ma28, that He would be with them, and they would go out into all the world to baptize in the triune name, they understood what He meant. This is why they never baptized but in His name only, never in the triune name. This will happen during the millennium. The 12 tribes will finally, be a blessing to the nations with the apostles leading the way. That is another gospel, another future good news. Today, we have many organizations trying to do this now, and they aren’t Jews and niethr to the Jews go forth and do this, nor have they. It is future.

Surely, can we not see how mixing up these dispensations, taking a verse out of the Bible and applying it to something it was never intended, is causing all this disunity of today?

Abraham was the steward of the dispensation of promise. It has to do with the land, the people, the children of Jacob, a kingdom, and a city whose builder and maker is God.

Paul was the steward of the dispensation of the mystery. And we don’t find any mention of the land, or the city. No mention of the King, nor of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob. No teachings on the soon return of the Lord. No teachings of the coming of the Lord at all. Not one. In fact, no OT teachings are to be found. No, Paul teaches the church which is His body, with a home and citizenship in heaven, blessed in Christ, in heavenly places, not on the earth, and not in Abraham.

The apostles were chosen for a special work. there was a man who wanted to be chosen, and guess what?

People fight to say there is only one good news, and that good news applies to every one equally. Well, that isn’t what we read in the Bible.

This is the basics of what an ultra dispensationalists like myself believes the Bible says. We believe God spake in sundry times and diverse ways. Wherefore, although all Scripture is God-Breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, not all Scripture from all time to all people applies directedly to me as it did and will to some of God's other children:

2Ti 2:15 Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truth through Jesus Christ our LORD be unto you.

I pray that we all pray for one another these two things:

Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
Eph 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints

Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Eph 6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
Eph 6:20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

To set the thread, I point to Eph2. Eph 2:15-16, 3:9, shewing we are all ambassadors and should all be able to teach the Open Book as equals;

I therefore ask in the Socratic method, to the end it might be made manifest what is truth for today, and does God's dispensational plan have differences, if so, what meaning is given us by them.

Question one:

Is this the good news John the Baptist preached truth for today?:

Mat 3:1 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judea,
Mat 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Mat 3:3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Question two:

Is the sin, or old man nature, equally in need of redemption and the Salvation it brings for everyone at all times, or just some at some times?

Question three:

Is the following gospel the method and the good news we should preach as the truth for today?

Mar 6:8 And commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff only; no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse;
Mar 6:9 But be shod with sandals; and not put on two coats.
Mar 6:10 And he said unto them, In what place soever ye enter into a house, there abide till ye depart from that place.
Mar 6:11 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment, than for that city.
Mar 6:12 And they went out, and preached that men should repent.
Mar 6:13 And they cast out many devils, and anointed with oil many that were sick, and healed them.

Question four:

Is this the gospel we are to preach as truth for today?

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Mat 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Mat 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
Mat 10:9 Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses,

Question, three parts:

a. where do i find verses showing non Jews given their own and seperate hope and calling
b. where do i find verses showing anyone goes to heaven as their hope
c. where do i find verses showing showing that kingdom Israel looks forward to has been transferred to the church

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement