Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » I am a crusader and a cross-lover

Author Topic: I am a crusader and a cross-lover
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.companionbiblecondensed.com/AP/ap162.pdf

http://www.companionbiblecondensed.com/AP/ap164.pdf

These are appendixes from the Companion Bible showing forth some of the mostly overlooked aspects of the cross. Every Christian should know these things.

As for the Muslim perception, I have something to point out, again, something every Christian should know:

Gen 16:11 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction.

The child's name is born of Abraham. The child's name means 'the Lord hath heard'. Therefore, the name of God is written in the child's name.

Is the name of the child Ismaal, to Ismael?

Gen 17:20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.
Gen 17:21 But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.

The covenant will not be with Ishmael, and yet, the meaning of the name of Ishmael is reinforced:

Gen 17:20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.

Ishmael is blessed by the Lord, blessed exceedingly. Loved. God loves ALL people. Does not love what we do, but loves all, for God is Love - 1Jo 4:8.

2Co 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded...

2Ti 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
2Ti 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
2Ti 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

The base of 'al', in say, baal' is negitive. see the progrission as letters are added to 'al':

Brown Driver Briggs Concordance

H1166
בּעל
bâ‛al
BDB Definition:
1) to marry, rule over, possess, own
1a) (Qal)
1a1) to marry, be lord (husband) over
1a2) to rule over
1b) (Niphal) to be married

H408
אל
'al
BDB Definition:
1) not, no, nor, neither, nothing (as wish or preference)
1a) do not, let not (with a verb)
1b) let there not be (with a verb understood)
1c) not, no (with substantive)
1d) nothing (as substantive)
Part of Speech: negative adverb

H409
אל (Aramaic)
'al
BDB Definition:
1) no, not
Part of Speech: negative adverb

H792
אשׁבּעל
'eshba‛al
BDB Definition:
Eshbaal = “a man of Baal”
1) the fourth son of Saul, also called Ishbosheth

H1100
בּליּעל
belîya‛al
BDB Definition:
1) worthlessness
1a) worthless, good for nothing, unprofitable, base fellow
1b) wicked
1c) ruin, destruction (construct)

H1166
בּעל
bâ‛al
BDB Definition:
1) to marry, rule over, possess, own
1a) (Qal)
1a1) to marry, be lord (husband) over
1a2) to rule over
1b) (Niphal) to be married

This is important, Niphal is 5307, wherein lie the fallen angels who left there first estate:

From Genesis6. 4:
H5303
נפל / נפיל
nephîyl / nephil
BDB Definition:
1) giants, the Nephilim
Part of Speech: noun masculine
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: from H5307

H5307
נפל
nâphal
BDB Definition:
1) to fall, lie, be cast down, fail
1a) (Qal)
1a1) to fall
1a2) to fall (of violent death)
1a3) to fall prostrate, prostrate oneself before
1a4) to fall upon, attack, desert, fall away to, go away to, fall into the hand of
1a5) to fall short, fail, fall out, turn out, result
1a6) to settle, waste away, be offered, be inferior to
1a7) to lie, lie prostrate
1b) (Hiphil)
1b1) to cause to fall, fell, throw down, knock out, lay prostrate
1b2) to overthrow
1b3) to make the lot fall, assign by lot, apportion by lot
1b4) to let drop, cause to fail (figuratively)
1b5) to cause to fall
1c) (Hithpael)
1c1) to throw or prostrate oneself, throw oneself upon
1c2) to lie prostrate, prostrate oneself
1d) (Pilel) to fall
Part of Speech: verb
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: a primitive root

H1168
בּעל
ba‛al
BDB Definition:
Baal = “lord”
1) supreme male divinity of the Phoenicians or Canaanites (noun proper masculine)
2) a Reubenite (noun proper masculine)
3) the son of Jehiel and grandfather of Saul (noun proper masculine)
4) a town of Simeon, probably identical to Baalath-beer (noun proper locative)
Part of Speech: see above in Definition
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: the same as H1167

H2973
יאל
yâ'al
BDB Definition:
1) to be foolish, become fools, act foolishly, show wicked folly
1a) (Niphal)
1a1) to show wicked folly
1a2) to become fools
Part of Speech: verb
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: a primitive root

H427
אלּה
'allâh
BDB Definition:
1) oak
2) terebinth
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: variation of H424

H424
אלה
'êlâh
BDB Definition:
1) terebinth, terebinth tree
2) valley where David killed Goliath
Part of Speech: noun feminine
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: from H352

H352
איל
'ayil
BDB Definition:
1) ram
1a) ram (as food)
1b) ram (as sacrifice)
1c) ram (skin dyed red, for tabernacle)
2) pillar, door post, jambs, pilaster
3) strong man, leader, chief
4) mighty tree, terebinth
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: from the same as H193

H193
אוּל
'ûl
BDB Definition:
1) prominence
1a) body, belly (contemptuous)
1b) nobles, wealthy men
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: from an unused root meaning to twist, i.e. (by implication) be strong

We can see how Satan has attacked and set up not just Israel to fail and fall, but the children of Ishmael as well.

Mat 13:28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this.

2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The cross is not only for salvation, but for a Christian it should be the centre of everything in our lives. I read this quote recently -

"Our sanctification comes through and by the Cross. Everything we have and will have comes through and by the Cross, before the foundation of the world. All outside the Cross is vantiy and like smoke in God's nose!
Seek ye the understanding of the Cross and you shall do well. You will find peace like never imagined."

I totally agree with this. Sometimes when things get really rough, we have to plant ourselves at the foot of the cross, pleading for God's answers, and not leave until we gain victory.

The power of the cross, Jesus and his precious blood is boundless if we could learn to tap into its endless guidance, wisdom and knowledge.

As far as the actual crucification itself, we can't even begin to compare it to any other crucification. Jesus bore the sins of the whole world on the cross and the agony he suffered is incomprehensible. The Bible says he was distorted beyond all recognition.That doesn't sound like a regular crucification to me. Has anyone else ever sweated 'like drops of blood?' I am sure not.

Luke 22:44 And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.

Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't care what people call me, as long as Jesus calls me good and faithful. That is my goal.

However, I'm proud to be called a crusader and a cross-lover.

I believe that when Jerusalem falls, the end times will follow right behind it, if it doesn't come first.

Sometimes standing in the light from the cross is painful for a few moments, but as the sin in our lives get exposed and repentance follows, we become pure again in the eyes of God.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

It would be nice to know how others feel about the cross??
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
But I am a crusader and a cross-lover and I am proud of it.
AMEN!!!

The Cross can be a scary place. It is too much a reminder of the cruel punishment Jesus went through by his endless love and mercy, and we stand there exposed by his shining light of justice.

Personally, I love to get close to the cross because it makes me accountable to become more yielded through renewed humility, and brings me up to new levels of faith.

It's a blessing to be able to bask in His presence at the foot of the cross.

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Lately some uncircumcised hearts of Islam have been without mercy, implacable, and hurling insults at Christianity, calling us "crusaders" and "cross-lovers", as if that is an insult.

But I am a crusader and a cross-lover and I am proud of it. [Bible]

1 Samuel 17:10
Then the Philistine said, I defy the armies of Israel this day; give me a man, that we may fight together.

1 Samuel 17:26
And then David spoke to the men who stood by him, saying, What shall be done to the man who takes away the reproach from Israel? For who is this uncircumcised Philistine that he should defy the armies of the living God?

Great spiritual insight, brother David, in your time. Greater than many of us have in our time.

Anyway, the modern Philistine uncircumcized in heart is fundamentalist al-Quada-type Islam, the implacable counter-religion created by Lucifer-Satan himself whose army is now beginning to challenge the Living LORD YHWH God of Israel and His Son Yahshua-Jesus for the Princely holy oblation of land, calling us, the adopted sons and daughters of the Living God of Israel, "crusaders" and "cross-lovers," as if that is a bad thing. But of course it is a good thing. Lucifer-Satan could never admit that, of course.

And recently President Ahmadinejad of majority-Islamic Iran has said at the Conference for a World without Zionism (or something like that), that Israel must be "wiped off the face of the map" and that "moslem countries should rise up and accomplish it" (or something like that).

I am here to say that I am a crusader and a cross lover and that I am proud of it. In fact, that is the only thing that I am proud of in my life; that He made me a crusader and a cross-lover. For the rest I try not to use pride for anything else in my life.

But what a blessed thing it is to be a "crusader" and a "cross-lover", Amen?

God bless, [Cross] -lover BORN AGAIN
(protect my private information, brother David)

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement